You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Said to my mate early on Mourinho’s line-up had the whiff of a boxer who runs away and spoils for 12 rounds then cries at losing the decision. Pure face-saving bullshit as ever from throooo-ins. That him being relegated to an insignificant role in modern football is so far down the list of things we have to cheer says it all about what this team is and what’s coming. Remarkable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mourinho is one fucking depressing tactician. Spurs at home playing like the worst version of a stoke side. Fuck him. 

Please stop these back heels in daft positions at risky parts of the game.  I swear to fuck if we drop points due to some sloppy 5 a side skill piece I'll blow up like the dude from big trouble in little china. IF... we do win the league this year I reckon each season afterwards this would be a far more enjoyable ride, breaking this cycle is everything we are incredible but I'm struggling to enjoy the spectacle of it.

21 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Who mentioned conspiracies? Conspiracies by definition involve multiple people. Atkinson is one man with an agenda. If you can’t see a pattern in his performances when we’re playing you should look a bit harder. I can’t be arsed citing a long long list of shocking decisions he’s given against us but everyone else here knows what I’m saying 

I’m enjoying a few beers and arguing about Atkinson ain’t going to spoil it

Lets just agree he’s a cunt

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

Just realistic mate.  That performance was not good enough at times during the game given we are light years ahead of Spurs, 

But in the last 30 years the best team in the country drops about 30 points a season. The last 2.5 years have distorted expectations. Normally a draw away to a good side with a manager of Mourinho's level would be deemed a good result. 

I know it's stupid but sometimes as a supporter one could think that we would be better off losing a game to get the monkey, of expecting wins, off our back and we could breathe during a game as we will probably get enough points to win the fucking league and we could enjoy the ride with less stress.

Sky showed a graphic tonight that we have won 10 league games by the odd goal this season. Hearts were in mouths for the last 20 minutes for most of those. 

It's great, its outstanding. Between the matches is magic.

Era fuckit, I should be used to us winning nothing easy, and the gap to 2nd makes it look that it is. The 90 minutes are tough though. I suppose I'm just not a mentality monster. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Had a family meal for the young lads birthday he had during the week so recorded it and just watched it back. Great result away from home to bag the best start to a season ever. 

Thought we dominated the first half as Spurs sat Mourinho deep and only troubled us with long balls to runners or when we made a mistake. Second half was a mixed bag. We let Spurs into the game for longer periods but failed to take the chances which came our way and had to ride a bit of luck in the end. Fuck em though, 3 points and we march on leaving a trail of misery for the Trolls to digest. Fuck Mourinho and fuck the Trolls, hope we fucking smash those Manc cunts next week. 

They can try and take that goal off us all they like, maybe it was their throw in but shit happens, they should have defended better. And as for the alleged Henderson handball, Danny Murphy can fuck right off with his Liverpool got a bit lucky bullshit!

As for Robertson I'm not having the red card calls for the Tanganga tackle. The Alderweireld one was a bit silly like!

15 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

As for Robertson I'm not having the red card calls for the Tanganga tackle. The Alderweireld one was a bit silly like!

To be fair, they were all in agreement on MOTD about the first one. “Barely even a foul”, I think Lineker said. The second was silly and I don’t think there could have been any complaints if he was booked.

People can say what they like - and we can even argue amongst ourselves - but you can take away all our "luck" and it still won't add up to anywhere near gifting us 16 points (5 wins and a draw).

I thought we were a bit "lucky" tonight.  So what?  It could have been a draw.  So what?

And then, maybe the Wolves game (where the decisions were "correct' anyway).

And a few close 2-1s.

We're brilliant and, naturally, we and others are going to try to find fault - even Klopp looked pretty cross post-match tonight.

But you have to look very fucking hard to find fault with this team - like the London School of Economics, for example.

Bottom line is, no one in the world expected us to be completely handing Abu Dhabi its delicately carved up far arse on a plate at this point in time - no one likes to be that wrong.

#clutchingatstraws #longbows

13 minutes ago, skaro said:

People can say what they like - and we can even argue amongst ourselves - but you can take away all our "luck" and it still won't add up to anywhere near gifting us 16 points (5 wins and a draw).

I thought we were a bit "lucky" tonight.  So what?  It could have been a draw.  So what?

We're brilliant and, naturally, we and others are going to try to find fault.

But you have to look very fucking hard to find fault with this team - like the London School of Economics, for example.

#clutchingatstraws #longbows

Some of my favourite popular straw clutching exercises are:

1) The “de-VARd” league table, which has us only with an 8 point lead. Why is that relevant, and not the question of whether the post-VAR decisions were ultimately correct? How about a “de-referring fuck up” table of each of the Premier League seasons to date?

2) “It’s a weak era!” Oh yeah? Weaker than the early days of the Premier League, where a maverick (and, of course, talented) journeyman like Eric Cantona was sold to viewers as genuinely world class, despite never troubling Europe's finest? Weaker than when Leicester won the league in 2016? Weaker than when we routinely finished third or fourth despite having a team we all knew, deep down, was unlikely to challenge for the title?

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

But in the last 30 years the best team in the country drops about 30 points a season. The last 2.5 years have distorted expectations. Normally a draw away to a good side with a manager of Mourinho's level would be deemed a good result. 

I know it's stupid but sometimes as a supporter one could think that we would be better off losing a game to get the monkey, of expecting wins, off our back and we could breathe during a game as we will probably get enough points to win the fucking league and we could enjoy the ride with less stress.

Sky showed a graphic tonight that we have won 10 league games by the odd goal this season. Hearts were in mouths for the last 20 minutes for most of those. 

It's great, its outstanding. Between the matches is magic.

Era fuckit, I should be used to us winning nothing easy, and the gap to 2nd makes it look that it is. The 90 minutes are tough though. I suppose I'm just not a mentality monster. 

Yeah but how many games did united, chelsea and even arsenal win by 1 goal to nil in each of their title wins? It's only because city won it with 100 points 2 seasons ago and 98 points last season that the bar has been raised.

Neither is it like we set out to score one and shut up shop like arsenal used to do in some title years.

I guess oppo fans just need somewhere to hang their frustrations on? They know the usual teams such as united, chelsea, spurs, arsenal and even city, cannot hold a candle to us. Hence this bullshit that the league is 'weak.' Well, if the league is 'weak,' what's your team's excuse for not winning? Even without VAR, we'd still be 9 points in front of the nearest team.

Many clubs fans are just pissed off we're ending a 30 year league drought. it's the one thing prize wise they could wave under our noses. Yes, you may have won the Champions League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and UEFA Cup but you havent won the league blah, blah, blah.

Some deluded fans of Newcastle, Villa, Leeds, who arent even in the Prem, think 'they' are as big as Liverpool. It all gets blown up when we win the title. So now they concentrate on each and every VAR decision. The fume over the VAR handball decision in tonights game is classic. It showed Hendo didnt handle the ball (it was Dele) but supposedly, that 'decision' is wrong and 'proves' VAR is handing the title to us.

Fuck 'em. if they're that deluded, they are beyond help. They annoy the hell out of me but fuck 'em.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It showed Hendo didnt handle the ball (it was Dele) but supposedly, that 'decision' is wrong and 'proves' VAR is handing the title to us.

The thing that gets me is that they’d obviously rather have the title taken away from us by incorrect decisions than have VAR help us by virtue of getting it right. It’s not about the right thing being done, it’s purely about stopping Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

And the whole ifithadnabinfer VAR thing is bollocks anyway.

Who knows what the pattern of those particular games in question would have gone on to be without the VAR interventions.

We might have been good enough to go on and get through those games - a computer can't fucking predict what might have gone on to happen in these games without VAR.

(I reckon we were definitely playing within ourselves early in the season - then think about the explosion in the last 5 minutes at Villa, for instance, when it was on the line)

And Man City at Anfield for example.  We won comfortably - fuck all to do with VAR.

Stockley Park hasn't suddenly made us good.

We only fucking lost ONCE last season without it.

VAR, my arse.

Just sitting down to watch the replay--had to work so missed it.

Worse, my brother, who knows and cares fuck all about footy, sat in the pick-up watching me work, listening to it on the radio.

He did give me periodic updates.

20 minutes or so left, he tells me it's still 1-0, but that LFC were going to win as Spurs were shite.

He's a quick study.

I don't get this Spurs deserved a draw and that they missed 2 guilt edge chances. Those 2 chances ended up with shots not even on target! And we had the best 3 chances of the match by far... One hitting the post and vvd heading it close to the keeper from 6 yards... These were far.more easier chances than the ones they had. Screw Spurs and the guys who hate us.... We roll on!