You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

21 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's bitterness at its very bitterest. All they had was we've not won the league in 30 years we've never won the prem. The whole prem thing is bullshit, a title is a title you don't say you have won 4 European cups and 2 champions leagues or a league cup, a littlewoods cup, a coca cola cup a caraboa cup. Even in 30 years of mediocrity we have won more than pretty much every side other than united outside the super financially doped sides of Chelsea and City.

Since 1990 we have won 10 major trophies. City have also won 10. Arsenal 14 (8 FA cups). Chelsea 20 (4 before 1990). Mancs 27.

Spurs 3. Leicester 3. Blackburn 2. Villa 2. 

1 other league winners (Leeds)

3 other FA Cup winners (the Ev, Portsmouth and Wigan).

4 other league cup winners (Sheff Wed, Boro, Birmingham and Swansea). 

17 trophy winners (lower division and play-off titles excepted) in 29 years shows how difficult it for smaller clubs to break in. All but 18 trophies from 87 english titles were won by the "big 5" and 8 of those were in the 90s so only 10 from the last 57. 

I would have thought that English teams had been more dominant in Europe during this time. 12 European titles in 29 years is fairly poor considering. 

Anyway that's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back. 

• Upvote 3

Is it just me that finds "To Dare is To Do" a really asinine slogan? 

It just doesn't seem to do a good job getting across the point it's presumably trying to make. Slogans are rarely founts of wisdom, but at least "This Means More" is a coherent thought, and "Our Identity is Intensity" even communicates something about our style of play in a way that makes sense.

Hell, even if it's counter-factual, even Everton's "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" is a rational idea.

16 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

It's worse on the MF.

Thank fuck the general public can't see it.

Smith: Well, on the plus side them City lot were bloody brilliant.

Terry: I tell you, if that Aguero doesn't won player of the year, then there's no justice.

Three cheers for Aguero!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip!

17 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes. Robertson has gone through the gears re snide this season. It's great to see.

Atlético aren't good enough to cause us problems. Still solid defensively but they have Morata and that 12 year old Portuguese kid upfront.

Robertson is a phenomenal shithouse. We'd despise him if he played for someone else. 

20 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That’s an appalling behaviour from Busquets. He’s a very good footballer, but a deplorable sportsman IMO. I’d hate to see this type of behaviour tolerated in the PL.

Agree to disagree, mate.

I love a good bit of shithousery,.

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Robertson is a phenomenal shithouse. ...

I don't agree with this bit mate. Perhaps it's the word phenomenal. He really isn't.

I agree that he is no angel - he has wound up players like Messi, Rafinha, Ayoze, Davies etc. Perhaps that really would cause us to despise him.

However a phenomenal shithouse would fake a facial injury when they were clearly hit on the shin; they would get injured off the the field and do seven rolls to get lying back on the pitch to waste time; they would hound the ref looking for players to be booked.

He needs to up his game. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I don't agree with this bit mate. Perhaps it's the word phenomenal. He really isn't.

I agree that he is no angel - he has wound up players like Messi, Rafinha, Ayoze, Davies etc. Perhaps that really would cause us to despise him.

However a phenomenal shithouse would fake a facial injury when they were clearly hit on the shin; they would get injured off the the field and do seven rolls to get lying back on the pitch to waste time; they would hound the ref looking for players to be booked.

He needs to up his game. 

No better time than this Sunday. 

I'd like to see him pretend that Rashford has headbutted him. If he manages to get him sent off then he'll have earned the title "la fenomenal casa de mierda" 

4 hours ago, Jennings said:

He needs to up his game. 

Robbo does it to those that deserve it and takes no nonsense. He’s not a rolling around the floor/holding face when he’s nudged type. 

22 hours ago, Anubis said:

06:32 in. Settles the question of handball on the goal once and for all. You can clearly see Hendo heads it and it comes off Alli's arm.

And no Spurs players were claiming hand ball. But there’s a way to put all of these snide attacks to bed and that’s to finish our chances - 3 or 4 nil and nobody’s talking about ‘luck’