You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

16 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Same here. We're the most popular English club in the country by a mile, and pretty much everyone hates Guardiola.

Haha.

What did you make of Andy's challenge?

Watching it in real time I thought it was 50/50 that he could have walked?

12 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Haha.

What did you make of Andy's challenge?

Watching it in real time I thought it was 50/50 that he could have walked?

Yeah, likewise. I don't think there was any malice he just completely lost control of the challenge. As soon as I saw it I thought "oh fuck, that's probably red".

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, likewise. I don't think there was any malice he just completely lost control of the challenge. As soon as I saw it I thought "oh fuck, that's probably red".

I'm always annoyed at how honest we are, so I did like that Andy showed about of Italian, Malidini, nouse by pretending he was the injured party, and not moving for a few minutes.

It gave me a lot of hope for the Atletico encounter, next month.

The Juve/Atletico game in the group stages was a hell of a display in professionalism/cheating/shithousery, that you had to take your hat off to.

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

I'm always annoyed at how honest we are, so I did like that Andy showed about of Italian, Malidini, nouse by pretending he was the injured party, and not moving for a few minutes.

It gave me a lot of hope for the Atletico encounter, next month.

The Juve/Atletico game in the group stages was a hell of a display in professionalism/cheating/shithousery, that you had to take your hat off to.

Yes. Robertson has gone through the gears re snide this season. It's great to see.

Atlético aren't good enough to cause us problems. Still solid defensively but they have Morata and that 12 year old Portuguese kid upfront.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes. Robertson has gone through the gears re snide this season. It's great to see.

Atlético aren't good enough to cause us problems. Still solid defensively but they have Morata and that 12 year old Portuguese kid upfront.

They'll leave it all on the line in Madrid, though.

It will be hot and a proper battle. 

I'm dead looking forward to it, as Simone is an excellent manager and they're one of the few team really good teams that we've not already eviscerated in the last 3 years.

Just now, Kevin D said:

They'll leave it all on the line in Madrid, though.

It will be hot and a proper battle. 

I'm dead looking forward to it, as Simone is an excellent manager and they're one of the few team really good teams that we've not already eviscerated in the last 3 years.

Yes. I think it'll be a good game. Especially the away tie. They're the type of team that would have a chance against us.

Bottom line though, we're the best team in the world. 

On that theme, the cry arse meltdown because City beat a Championship side is a fucking disgrace and brings shame upon the forum. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes. I think it'll be a good game. Especially the away tie. They're the type of team that would have a chance against us.

Bottom line though, we're the best team in the world. 

On that theme, the cry arse meltdown because City beat a Championship side is a fucking disgrace and brings shame upon the forum. 

It was 3 weeks ago on here that people were legitimately worried that Brendan fucking Rodgers was going to beat the best team in the world to the league title.

I love the FF, but I mean come on.

• Like 1

It was 3 weeks ago on here that people were legitimately worried that Brendan fucking Rodgers was going to beat the best team in the world to the league title.

I love the FF, but I mean come on.

It's worse on the MF.

Thank fuck the general public can't see it.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin D said:

Do you reckon that's instinct, or are they training for that?

I'd imagine it's both. 

South American football is a battle from the very start of a player's career. Hence producing so many "street" style footballers. But top level coaches will also be well versed in cuntery.

Coincidentally I was listening to a podcast yesterday with Rafa talking about his two main influences. Sacchi, the one most would assume. The other was the Colombian Maturana.

Are you gonna try and get a ticket, or just go to Madrid for the day to sing and dance?

Or just be content si senor-ing in Seville?

As a general rule I avoid Madrid, as I do London, like the plague. However, I had considered it. Girlfriend's brother is keen as well. 

In all likelihood I will probably end up watching it in town. There's a great outdoor area with a few dozen bars with big screens. Always good when a Spanish team is playing in the Champions League.

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'd imagine it's both. 

South American football is a battle from the very start of a player's career. Hence producing so many "street" style footballers. But top level coaches will also be well versed in cuntery.

Coincidentally I was listening to a podcast yesterday with Rafa talking about his two main influences. Sacchi, the one most would assume. The other was the Colombian Maturana.

Haha.

I remember just after he agreed to join us I devoured everything I could read about his management style and the two things that always impressed were:

1) His players had a rotational basis for fouling. If one player had already been booked, the other guy was going to come round to foul and break up any offence from the other team. If the CM had been shown a yellow, then the DM, then the LB, then the CB. Proper military style training.

2) If there was a player who was regularly underperforming, the senior players would rough him up in the showers. I'm not making this up. Ayala, Pellegrino, Aimar and Rafa are all on the record talking about this, in various interviews. Again, I was dead impressed with this.