You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm down to Iffffffffffffffffffffff now, we are just a juggernaut at the moment. Play well and win, play mediocre and win, play poorly and win. Players coming back from injury and a few youngsters/fringe players showing promise. I'm a happy Bunny. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Maybe I’m in the minority but I’m loving them. I believe we’ll find a way so am pretty calm about things.

I'm the same. The players are clearly enjoying themselves. Best way I can think about it is they are making the opposition believe they have a chance, even at their own ground like yesterday. 

Sometimes I'm even wondering if the opposition are so scared of scoring a goal as it will be the equivalent of kicking the hornets nest . Spurs had chances to score.

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

If (and for me it's still a huge if) we do win the whole thing I am going to be as unbearable as fuck!

If you're starting to believe we could win it, we must be doing something right.

Now where is @TheDrowningMan?

16 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Great win, so-so performance.

Mo's decision-making is shite at the minute. 

I love Bobby but don't try back heels in the centre circle without even looking when we're under the cosh.

That young defender of theirs looks like Forrest Whittaker, which is quite off-putting.

We looked tired out for the last twenty minutes, even though we'd had a rest, which is a bit baffling.

But we won!

Eh he had a great assist for the goal.

• Upvote 1

Still of the mindset that there is a long way to go and anything can happen....but fucking hell we have been incredible now for a season and half and surely that has to be rewarded with the ultimate prize at last.

It would be mind blowing if this team was to not end up with a title. They have been fucking amazing.

9 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I don't get this Spurs deserved a draw and that they missed 2 guilt edge chances. Those 2 chances ended up with shots not even on target! And we had the best 3 chances of the match by far... One hitting the post and vvd heading it close to the keeper from 6 yards... These were far.more easier chances than the ones they had. Screw Spurs and the guys who hate us.... We roll on!

They were pinning us back in the last 15 minutes of the game. It seemed as if it was a matter of time. The fact that they missed those chances doesn't take away that we gave them the space to build their attack. There was one attack where Aurier was played in with both Gini and Robbo out of position. He was left free to drive the ball to the byline and whip in a cross.

These things shouldn't happen when 1-0 up.

7 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

With regards to VAR helping us, it's just an excuse for fans to blame sonething other than concede to our superiority. It might help them sleep at night.

It's bitterness at its very bitterest. All they had was we've not won the league in 30 years we've never won the prem. The whole prem thing is bullshit, a title is a title you don't say you have won 4 European cups and 2 champions leagues or a league cup, a littlewoods cup, a coca cola cup a caraboa cup. Even in 30 years of mediocrity we have won more than pretty much every side other than united outside the super financially doped sides of Chelsea and City.

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

In the past two seasons Man City were apparently the greatest side our league has seen in it’s entire history.

Last season they squeezed us out by a single point and were by unanimous fan agreement incredible while conversely we were a national joke for not being good enough to win the title.

This season we’ve currently improved to an even better level than them in their record breaking season and they’ve dipped a bit. The league is now dreadful and our title challenge is tainted because of that.

I wish I could decode all this.

It'll be ever thus. It's a nice thought that no one would be able to throw the trite "You've never won the Premier League" at us again, but it'll just morph into "You've only won it once, like Leicester" and so on. 

The mental gymnastics to maintain a viewpoint they're heavily invested in is quite admirable. VAR, favourable referees, fixture schedule set-ups, Premier League conspiracy, protected by media overlords, the league's shit etc. we are often everyone's favourite topic of conversation, whether we're losing or winning. Famous slip or tainted title, it won't change the theme, in most fixtures against their sides opposition fans will sing about us as much as their own team. 

1 minute ago, WhiskeyJar said:

They were pinning us back in the last 15 minutes of the game. It seemed as if it was a matter of time. The fact that they missed those chances doesn't take away that we gave them the space to build their attack. There was one attack where Aurier was played in with both Gini and Robbo out of position. He was left free to drive the ball to the byline and whip in a cross.

These things shouldn't happen when 1-0 up.

Gini always looks gassed around 70-75 minutes and his indecision, probably caused by tiredness, when in acres of space allowed him to be closed down by 3 spurs players, him ending with his face planted in the turf and spurs going very close (Son's effort?).

Im surprised Jurgen doesnt see this and was surprised Lallana came on for Ox. Admittedly, Jurgen's options are limited with Fabinho, Keita and Milner out. I wouldnt be surprised to see Gini given a rest when Fab's back.

Virgil also looked tired in the last 15 minutes although Im not sure Id like to see him come off and have been replaced by Matip or Lovren if they had been available.

There's no doubt we could and should have had another couple of goals. Jurgen was right what he said and on the touchline, that looked the most furious Ive seen him in a while.

But, despite all the fume from others including mourinho, we won, deserved to win, kept another clean sheet and got the winning goal.

I can understand people's reluctance to say it is when not if we become Champions. Ive been there and been in the stadium when it has all turned to shit. 2014 was THE worst but lightning isnt striking twice. Im very comfortable where we are. It would be great to go unbeaten all season. But when it's mathematically won, I will not be surprised if we do take our foot off the gas. We won it one year with 7 games to go, I think we picked up about 4 points from those last 14 available. City will also bust a gut to beat us at their gaff when we play them.

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yesterday was the most relaxed I’ve felt all season. Yeah, they might have scored and I’d have been disappointed for an hour but when you’re thinking that a point away at Spurs is a shit result you know you’re in a good place. 

I felt far from relaxed all week and through to the final whistle because I knew it would be cuntery masterclass from Maureen. Feel far more relaxed about the Manc game. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If you're starting to believe we could win it, we must be doing something right.

Now where is @TheDrowningMan?

Oh no, I'm convinced beyond convincement we'll fuck it up, it's just IF we did win it, every other teams fans can go and fuck themselves for eternity!

There is a theory amongst some of our more paranoid supporters that the rest of the country is wanting Liverpool not to win the league.  It's just not true.  I'm sure that lots of them think it would be hilarious if we managed to lose it from this position, just as we would if it was another team in the position we're in.  

I'm not going to get celebratory until it's ours.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm away from it all living abroad, but my older Brother who is also a Liverpool fan and lives in Yorkshire area now says that away from the internet people are not half so bad, and the majority want us to win the title and are pretty much in awe of Klopp and the players. Living in Germany is great, if I talk football the pretty much all want us to win the title and love Klopp. 

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Oh no, I'm convinced beyond convincement we'll fuck it up, it's just IF we did win it, every other teams fans can go and fuck themselves for eternity!

If you can convince me that we will throw it away, I will stick £500 on us not winning the title as the betting odds must mean a nice little earner and I will give you half the winnings. Here are the fixtures. Convince me...

All times shown are your local time

• Liverpool Man Utd  Anfield, Liverpool 
    Quick View

• Wolves Liverpool  Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton 
    Quick View

• West Ham Liverpool  London Stadium, London 
    Quick View

• Liverpool Southampton  Anfield, Liverpool 
    Quick View

• Norwich Liverpool  Carrow Road, Norwich 
    Quick View

• Liverpool West Ham  Anfield, Liverpool