You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m pleased to hear the points they made about Alisson. You’d always had people raving about the likes of Shay Given because of his gift for making routine saves look spectacular. Joe Hart was another before even that part of his game abandoned him.

Agree. Thought he was magnificent today. 

Get united out of the way next week and I might allow myself to start, just start, to believe. 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m pleased to hear the points they made about Alisson. You’d always get people raving about the likes of Shay Given because of his gift for making routine saves look spectacular. Joe Hart was another before even that part of his game abandoned him.

Alisson is head and shoulders above Joe Hart.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pretty basic game away against a top 6 opponent, I thought. Controlled it for the most part, couldn't make 0-2 and a couple good late chances for them. 

I don't think we were particularly good but we're just better than them generally. That kid they played ruined them. 

Harsh on young Forrest Whitaker there. 

Pundits are doing that thing now where they feel bad for plucky Tottenham because they only lost 1-0 and they had a couple chances so it was a great game by them and unlucky.

Lest we forget this is a Jose Mourinho side who spent 120m on midfielders in the summer, playing at home in their state of the art stadium. 

• Upvote 1

Great win, so-so performance.

Mo's decision-making is shite at the minute. 

I love Bobby but don't try back heels in the centre circle without even looking when we're under the cosh.

That young defender of theirs looks like Forrest Whittaker, which is quite off-putting.

We looked tired out for the last twenty minutes, even though we'd had a rest, which is a bit baffling.

But we won!

Tell you what is getting tiresome and annoying, these cunts going on about VAR again. The ball hitting hand was Dele's and not Henderson's. But VAR had to get involved so these cunts think VAR ok'd Henderson handling the ball.

You can tell all other clubs' fans are getting desparate as well. Saying they should have had a pen for one of van Dijk's blocks in the box! Fucking hell, desparate.

Thought Robbo was particularly stupid leaving a little bit on Alderweirald who made the most of it. Love it that Andy's being a little snide at times but fucking hell lad, if VAR had made more of it, you'd have been off.

Jurgen was right to be pissed off. We made poor decisions all over the pitch in the 2nd half.

Practically every chance they had came from us being sloppy. Felt like some of our wins early in the season where we were comfortably better but made bad choices or did silly things.

having said that, that’s still a really good team we just beat away from home without being our best and still thoroughly deserved it.

come on red men, keep this up.

• Upvote 1

We went in there and got the job done, which is no easy thing when up against a shithouse manager, a bunch of shithouse players AND Martin Atkinson. One thing we do need to work on is our ruthlessness and accuracy when chances present themselves. We now have a week before our next game and there may be a few players returning to give Klopp more options.