You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Cant shake the feeling that Maureen will have something in store for us. Their confidence is shot but he will have something planned for us.

I think so too. I think he will go full grock. 5 at the back with Dier in front. He will hope for a set-piece or a break and celebrate like fuck if they get anything from it. 

He will attempt to use it as a demonstration to the players and fans that he is still the master and once he has the power he will try win trophies and then fuck the club inside out before trotting off with a massive pay-off.

We have to thunder fuck the cunt

7 hours ago, Razoray said:

I think so too. I think he will go full grock. 5 at the back with Dier in front. He will hope for a set-piece or a break and celebrate like fuck if they get anything from it. 

He will attempt to use it as a demonstration to the players and fans that he is still the master and once he has the power he will try win trophies and then fuck the club inside out before trotting off with a massive pay-off.

He's already secured his termination check - by being appointed to the job.

It will end at some point - trophy or no - with him being paid off obscenely.

Whatever Reg Varney-esque bus parking sorcery he has in store against us tomorrow - even a famous victory - is irrelevant.

There's a lump sum tucked away, ready to fuck off him when the time comes.

Shitness. Modern. Football.

0-6, I'm hoping - depending on what sort of a game Fog-on-the-Tyne-N-word has in goal for them, and whether our front lads have their shooting boots on.

I don't think Spurs have the right type of players for Jose's usual "park the bus against the big teams" approach so he'll have little choice but to come out and play. They'll be open and their defence isn't the best so would be amazed if we don't score a goal or two.

Guest Pistonbroke

Milner and Keita definitely ruled out and maybe for one further week. Both Lovren and Fabinho expected back for full training next week, so that's excellent news. 

13 hours ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Cant shake the feeling that Maureen will have something in store for us. Their confidence is shot but he will have something planned for us.

Without a doubt he will. We're surely in a position to blow whatever it is apart though.

I've been thinking Spurs could have easily been where we are right now had they made better decisions. The margins were really small and they were ahead of us a couple years ago.

It's gotta hurt that essentially Levy decided to undermine and ultimately sack the manager in favour of keeping their squad together instead of selling players to fund new transfers and continually renew the squad like we did.

They have a higher net spend than we do since Klopp came here yet we're at the top of the game. Boils down to having more competent people in upper management than they do. And also Klopp, but mostly the former.

He's mad if he thinks parking the bus is going to get him anything more than a narrow defeat. We'll score, we always do. He'll be defensive but look to hit on the counter a la United at Old Trafford. That's his template. Hopefully we play better than we did that day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

He's mad if he thinks parking the bus is going to get him anything more than a narrow defeat. We'll score, we always do. He'll be defensive but look to hit on the counter a la United at Old Trafford. That's his template. Hopefully we play better than we did that day.

He's not mad , it's his least worst option and one he knows how to play inside out, stifle us in midfield and play 5 across the back then hope to grab a goal on the break or from a set-piece.  They will time waste , fall over in a puff of wind, be in refs face and make it as ugly and frustrating as possible to try and break up our rhythm .  Cuntball is Mourinho's speciality.

• Upvote 1

Mourinho will be determined to stop us, I bet he's been planning this game for ages. 

Our team pretty much picks itself. The only choice is Ox or Lallana alongside Henderson and Wjnaldum. I can't decide who'd be the better pick?

I've always hated playing Mourinho teams. Hopefully we absolutely twat them. 

8 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

A surprise formation from Kopp then perhaps? A 4-2-3-1 with Mini supporting the front three with Lallana or Ox alongside Henderson in the middle.

I wouldn’t have thought he played well enough against Everton to warrant a start.

Klopp seemed to praise him after the game. But I can't think of anything else that might throw Maureen off his guard. I doubt we will play with three at the back (plus wing-backs) because we simply dont have 3 CBs for it. If we play our standard 4-3-3 formation, we may be playing into his hands as he is more than capable of preparing his team for any one off game. Plus I'm not sure we will risk playing one of the youngsters (Curtis or Perdo) over Mini either.

Mini right now is an unknown factor that could be best utilized as an element of surprise in this game.

This could end being a cracking game with end-to-end action.

6 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

I don't want to underestimate Jose. Did it before and got burned. Hopefully our players will be fired up for this.

He'll try to have them fired up in the same way he had Chelsea in 13/14. Them against the world stuff. Mourinho will have their players believing that - with the possible exception of the CL final - it’s Tottenham's biggest game in 50 years.