You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Will be interesting to see what midfield we go with. Gini, Hendo and Lallana? Not sure Ox is fit enough and the rest are injured. Jose is a cunt of the highest order and will no doubt be dreaming of repeating 2014, so he'll have his team pumped up for this.

16 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m worried about this one and think it will be an incredibly tough match - Spurs need a result after a poor run, have lost to us several times in a row and Mourinho is, if nothing else nowadays, still capable of fomenting defiance and resentment. They’ll be bang up for it and I don’t think we‘ll have many harder games.

You fuckers giving this poor sod grief need to wind your necks in. He's the Lucas to Bjornebye's Gerrard, his work is often thankless but necessary just the same.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Will be interesting to see what midfield we go with. Gini, Hendo and Lallana? Not sure Ox is fit enough and the rest are injured. Jose is a cunt of the highest order and will no doubt be dreaming of repeating 2014, so he'll have his team pumped up for this.

Yeah I reckon it will be and actually Lallana looks in decent form. Ox likely to replace him in the second half.

Guest Pistonbroke
22 hours ago, El Rojo said:

As usual, Mourinho will have some negative tactical gimmick to try and stifle us. We’re so good at the moment we should be well able for them regardless.

he's definitely park the bus and just hoof up towards Son and Ali. Trouble is, Spurs Achilles Heel is their shit defence, so we'll bum them if we stick our chances away. I'd like to see Keita play against these if fit, his clever little balls to Salah/and vice versa would rip their slow defenders a new one. 

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I’d honestly rather see Minamino than Lallana, I don’t like Lallana starting games. Yeah, he done well last night but he frustrates the fuck out of me most of the time. Give Mini a go, with the class around him he’ll flourish. 

Minamino's time will come. You will get more out of Lallana short term, guaranteed. And when I say short term. I mean that, i.e. the next 3 or 4 games.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, niallers said:

Atkinson down to referee this one. How the fuck is he allowed anywhere near our games?

Fucking hell. I see Friend gets Chelsea and Taylor gets the red mancs again. 

Last year I was on a plane to Amsterdam when we drew 0-0 with a Mourinho team, this year I'll be on the plane back from Amsterdam during this game. 

Can't see anything other than a win with our front line flying but if Mourinho wants to bore the fuck out of us again, a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world.   

Spurs fan in work has already laid down the law about not talking football next week.  She's convinced that we'll dry-bum them.

She mentioned some stat (can't remember the exact details) but apparently on their current run, they haven’t conceded this many goals in x games since 1975.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They'll be harder to beat with Son or Lucas up front rather than Kane, but the only way they get a result, I think, is if Mou Mou is able to perform a vintage bus-parking. Otherwise, we should be cunting them.

Lucas has been bang average for them.    A few decent games, shite most of the time. 

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Lucas has been bang average for them.    A few decent games, shite most of the time. 

Doesn't really matter. He's the type of quick forward we could struggle against on the counter if he's playing up front, occupying the space between a full back and CB in a front 2. Like United do with Rashford when they play us.