Quantcast
Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01 - Page 46 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

58 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

What struck me was how Ancelloti, with his decades of experience at Europe's top clubs, 2 trophies to Klopp's 1, pedigree etc resorted to the age old Everton tactic of "lob it up to the big lump up front."

When in Rome...

A few of them slagging off Big Dunc. Goes to the away end at Od Trafford in his shirt whilst it is pissing down to celebrate a famous point. Yet now he's assumed his normal position of sitting there on the bench staring into space he legs it down the tunnel faster than Usain Bolt on Sunday.

In the Independent today Tony Evans is talking about the toxic atmosphere at Derbys, and whilst referencing the wallpushing gestures from the Bloos counters with "Steaua Bucharest 1986" banners being shown routinely on the Kop.

Is this right?

32 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

In the Independent today Tony Evans is talking about the toxic atmosphere at Derbys, and whilst referencing the wallpushing gestures from the Bloos counters with "Steaua Bucharest 1986" banners being shown routinely on the Kop.

Is this right?

I think that was just one derby , not sure of the date defo after 2005 I think...

58 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Is this right?

They’re all a fucking embarrassment to the City and both clubs . 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, redinblack62 said:

Is this right?

Yes, it's right, a hack journalist really is trying to draw a false equivalence between a funny banner and accusing opposition fans of being murderers.

Reminiscent of Mr Mackey on South Park telling Cartman off for giving Kyle AIDS, while berating Kyle for being a tattletale.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Steaua won the European Cup in 1986, when Everton believe they would have won it had the merrrrderin' redshite not got them banned from the competition.

Jesus, thanks. That is a tenuous link and the jouro's a fucking disgrace if he thinks the Kop flag is in any way remotely like the Heysel flag some of the shite drag around.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, it's right, a hack journalist really is trying to draw a false equivalence between a funny banner and accusing opposition fans of being murderers.

Reminiscent of Mr Mackey on South Park telling Cartman off for giving Kyle AIDS, while berating Kyle for being a tattletale.

I don't think its a particularly funny banner at all given the background. In-fact its pretty fucking tasteless. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

No one forced him to take the job. 

Why wouldn’t he? 6 months of work, no expectations, easy money 

2 minutes ago, moof said:

Why wouldn’t he? 6 months of work, no expectations, easy money 

Exactly but he picked his bed and he can lay on it as far as I'm concerned. He could have got a bigger job I'm sure, 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Exactly but he picked his bed and he can lay on it as far as I'm concerned. He could have got a bigger job I'm sure, 

Oh aye, I don’t have any sympathy for him or anything like that. Still, always felt he was a nice respectful guy and a proper football man. Can’t dislike him even if he’s covered in the stench of Chelsea and now the ev.

8 minutes ago, moof said:

Oh aye, I don’t have any sympathy for him or anything like that. Still, always felt he was a nice respectful guy and a proper football man. Can’t dislike him even if he’s covered in the stench of Chelsea and now the ev.

He handles himself very well and with great dignity. I respect that .

40 minutes ago, moof said:

He’s a good guy, Ancelotti. Too good for those bastards. 

I was just thinking if a classy guy like him had managed them 20 years ago, would things have been different with them. The likes of Moyes stoked bad feeling. It's the toxic mix of no longer being a huge club and then a dickhead like Moyes feeding in to ill feeling and creating this small time, underdog thinking.

Most older blues I know are sound discussing football. They're the speedo mick generation though and remember when they were very good. The younger ones I know are mostly sound outside of football but become toxic knobheads talking about us. 

Not condoning hooliganism, but in the old days, the police used to dread when United played Everton even more than our games with them. I knew a few Everton lads who were that way inclined and they used to join up with likeminded Reds whenever United, Chelsea, Leeds etc came to town. Different city, different people.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I was just thinking if a classy guy like him had managed them 20 years ago, would things have been different with them. The likes of Moyes stoked bad feeling. It's the toxic mix of no longer being a huge club and then a dickhead like Moyes feeding in to ill feeling and creating this small time, underdog thinking.

Most older blues I know are sound discussing football. They're the speedo mick generation though and remember when they were very good. The younger ones I know are mostly sound outside of football but become toxic knobheads talking about us. 

Not condoning hooliganism, but in the old days, the police used to dread when United played Everton even more than our games with them. I knew a few Everton lads who were that way inclined and they used to join up with likeminded Reds whenever United, Chelsea, Leeds etc came to town. Different city, different people.

I think you’re right mate. The right manager can really set the tone for the entire club top down. There’s definitely been a change in vibe from before to after Moyes’ time. Nice to see a few blues in the kop on the weekend. Would love to go back to those days of the “friendly derby”, off the pitch, at least. 

1 minute ago, moof said:

I think you’re right mate. The right manager can really set the tone for the entire club top down. There’s definitely been a change in vibe from before to after Moyes’ time. Nice to see a few blues in the kop on the weekend. Would love to go back to those days of the “friendly derby”, off the pitch, at least. 

The change in vibe from Moyes time to now is for the worst though. The closer we're getting to winning the League the nastier they are getting. They are cunts, obviously there's exceptions but on the whole, even Blues I thought we're sound are showing their true colours now. Fuck them. They're poisonous cunts.