Quantcast
Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01 - Page 10 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nightmare scenario. 

We need to sabotage the rest of our season to prevent that from happening. 

I get the reticence, but there's just no need to treat this competition seriously with our current injury list, and players in need of a break currently unable to get one. Everything into the title and champions league is more than enough to push for. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Horus said:

I get the reticence, but there's just no need to treat this competition seriously with our current injury list, and players in need of a break currently unable to get one. Everything into the title and champions league is more than enough to push for. 

What about the 40,000 plus fans that have shelled out loads to get tickets and transport to the game and will not be expecting us to give up that unbeaten record at Anfield to these (of all fucking teams) ?

Is it fuck them ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

What about the 40,000 plus fans that have shelled out loads to get tickets and transport to the game and will not be expecting us to give up that unbeaten record at Anfield to these (of all fucking teams) ?

Is it fuck them ?

I wouldn't assume this is a personal attack on 40,000 people first off, and that seems remarkably myopic when we have a bigger picture to aim for. Everything we've moaned about for 30 years is within our grasp so the need to put it on the line with our current injuries and potential for new ones, just to beat Everton, seems like the behaviour of the bitters to me, not what we should be aiming for. I read a post on here (maybe this thread, maybe the other one) saying Everton would rather beat us in rd 3 and not win the cup, than avoid us and win the whole thing. Why risk our current position and momentum? 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Aventus said:

When would the potential replay and next round be played? What do our other fixtures look like around that time? 

Fourth round is the weekend of the 25th. Two days after we're scheduled to play Wolves away and four days before our trip to West Ham. Quite rightly, if our second string do the job today they’ll almost certainly get another opportunity, whether that comes as a trip to Rochdale or a game at Anfield against Manchester United. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing if the FA Cup remains as and perhaps in future embraces its place in the modern game, and sells itself as a competition for kids and squad players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there will and should be some rotation but we should pick a team that is capable of winning.

Rightly or wrongly this game is more important because of the opponents and whilst I get that Klopp doesn't take that into account I do.

I want us to win because winning at Anfield is what we do, ending their season is a welcome bonus, the bitter cunts that they are. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fume if we beat these with a severely weakened team will be exquisite. I’m not ashamed to say that I’d be tempted to take the day off work tomorrow just to spend all day on GOT bathing in their rage.

 

It’ll be up there with the Origi last minute game when one of the old Bitters in the pub went from basically being about to light a flare to literally rolling a tear in about 3 seconds. 
 

Always a happy memory when I’m feeling down.

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Fourth round is the weekend of the 25th. Two days after we're scheduled to play Wolves away and four days before our trip to West Ham. Quite rightly, if our second string do the job today they’ll almost certainly get another opportunity, whether that comes as a trip to Rochdale or a game at Anfield against Manchester United. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing if the FA Cup remains and perhaps in future embraces its place in the modern game, and sells itself as a competition for kids and squad players.

 

That might work quite well when Abu Dhabi no longer runs Man City.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton slight favourites with the bookies. I'm sure its a bit of a ploy to get daft Evertonian money but fucking hell if we rest a load of players and lose this then its a fucking disgrace. Its one thing de-valuing the FA Cup but not a fucking Merseyside Derby particularly when they are under a new manager and have a cheeky bounce about them. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Horus said:

I wouldn't assume this is a personal attack on 40,000 people first off, and that seems remarkably myopic when we have a bigger picture to aim for. Everything we've moaned about for 30 years is within our grasp so the need to put it on the line with our current injuries and potential for new ones, just to beat Everton, seems like the behaviour of the bitters to me, not what we should be aiming for. I read a post on here (maybe this thread, maybe the other one) saying Everton would rather beat us in rd 3 and not win the cup, than avoid us and win the whole thing. Why risk our current position and momentum? 

 

 

 

 

How is one cup tie a threat to the Premier League ?  How is it risking our current position ?  And how does it help momentum if we put a team of kids out like we did at Villa and they get hosed ?

And the bigger picture ?  We've got a massive lead in the league, not one we're liable to relinquish any time soon, and a decent break after this game.  Scooby is nailed on, we rotate but still put out a team that is capable of getting the result.

Allow these cunts to come to Anfield and gift them a result ?  Fuck that.  Make the cunts fight tooth and nail for anything.

That's what the whole squad is for.  To step up up the plate when needed, not just fill in and roll over when the going gets tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the take it seriously/don’t take it seriously arguments are both valid and have been well expressed on here in countless posts. I also think Klopp has earned the right to do what he thinks best. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scudger99 said:

How is one cup tie a threat to the Premier League ?  How is it risking our current position ?  And how does it help momentum if we put a team of kids out like we did at Villa and they get hosed ?

And the bigger picture ?  We've got a massive lead in the league, not one we're liable to relinquish any time soon, and a decent break after this game.  Scooby is nailed on, we rotate but still put out a team that is capable of getting the result.

Allow these cunts to come to Anfield and gift them a result ?  Fuck that.  Make the cunts fight tooth and nail for anything.

That's what the whole squad is for.  To step up up the plate when needed, not just fill in and roll over when the going gets tough.

It's threat because we have a long injury list already with other players in need of a rest. Maybe we play a full first team and come out of it 6-0 winners and no injuries, but maybe trent pulls a hammy or Robertson pulls a groin, just to see Ali beat Butterbean one more time. The risk of replays and more games in the comp is not really needed at all. They've been half way round the world and played a consistent team mostly. 

 

I don't understand how this is even an issue with the position we've got ourselves into, but accept people see things differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Everton slight favourites with the bookies. I'm sure its a bit of a ploy to get daft Evertonian money but fucking hell if we rest a load of players and lose this then its a fucking disgrace. Its one thing de-valuing the FA Cup but not a fucking Merseyside Derby particularly when they are under a new manager and have a cheeky bounce about them. 

 

 


The FA Cup has been devalued for over a decade. It would be ultra small time to change course to the detriment of the players just because it’s Everton. If Klopp thinks it’s best to rest a lot of them, I'm confident in saying that it is indeed best to rest a lot of them. Yeah, injuries can happen at any time but they’re much more likely if players are knackered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

 Make of this what you will;Just heard. #LFC 

Adrian
Williams
Gomez
Phillips
Milner
Chirivella
Lallana
Minamino
Elliott
Origi
Jones

 

As they once said, there are two teams in Liverpool.

 

Liverpool and Liverpool's Reserves.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Everton slight favourites with the bookies. I'm sure its a bit of a ploy to get daft Evertonian money but fucking hell if we rest a load of players and lose this then its a fucking disgrace. Its one thing de-valuing the FA Cup but not a fucking Merseyside Derby particularly when they are under a new manager and have a cheeky bounce about them. 

 

 

Everton were about 8/1 the other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

 Make of this what you will;Just heard. #LFC 

Adrian
Williams
Gomez
Phillips
Milner
Chirivella
Lallana
Minamino
Elliott
Origi
Jones

I hope not John. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

 Make of this what you will;Just heard. #LFC 

Adrian
Williams
Gomez
Phillips
Milner
Chirivella
Lallana
Minamino
Elliott
Origi
Jones


Looks like a good team to me. I’m somewhat surprised to see Gomez starting but he must be good to go, which is positive. I’m looking forward to seeing how they fare - Everton will have lost to worse sets of players over the last couple of years, that’s for sure.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

I'd hate to see us play a C team, them to play their first team and us take a beating. 

Our c team against their bunch of c's team seems a fair fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Horus said:

It's threat because we have a long injury list already with other players in need of a rest. Maybe we play a full first team and come out of it 6-0 winners and no injuries, but maybe trent pulls a hammy or Robertson pulls a groin, just to see Ali beat Butterbean one more time. The risk of replays and more games in the comp is not really needed at all. They've been half way round the world and played a consistent team mostly. 

 

I don't understand how this is even an issue with the position we've got ourselves into, but accept people see things differently.

It isn't just to see Ali beat Butterbean one more time.  It's to advance to the next round of the FA Cup.  A chance for the kids to maybe get a chance if we draw the right opposition in the next round.  A potential day out at Wembley at the end of the season.

Different story if we were 3 points ahead or chasing the pack, but we aren't.  We're way out in front.  So we don't go gung ho, but we sure as fuck do not roll over.

And those injuries you mention could happen at any time, during training or warm up.  Do we ban those too for fear of injuries ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • Look at the difference between Karius and alisson. They were bought by the same scouting department and yet the difference between them is light years. Shows that even using data, statistics and what not, nobody is assured of a 100% hit rate
    • Loris Karius is heading back to Liverpool at the end of the season.
        The German goalkeeper’s two year loan spell with Besiktas concludes in May and The Mirror (via The Athletic) says that the Turkish club have no plans to trigger the buy-on clause to make the deal permanent.

      The spell of Karius in England was littered with high profile blunders highlighted by his calamitous performance in the 2018 Champions League final and those mistakes have continued to haunt him in Turkey.  

      So much so that last March Senol Gunes his manager at the time said:

      “Karius has gone a bit stagnant, something is wrong with his electricity, motivation, enthusiasm for the game."

      The 26 year-old will return to his parent club, but he will do so in the knowledge that there is no future for him at the Reds.

      Not only is his replacement Alisson firmly ensconced as the No 1, he is widely acknowledged as the best goalkeeper in World Football.

      The backup role is ably filled by Adrian who did a fine job at the start of the season when the Brazilian was out with a calf injury.

      While youngster Caoimhín Kelleher has gained experience in domestic cup competitions.

      So all that means that the inconsistent German will be on the lookout for another club.

      There is a wide held view that goalkeepers mature much later that their outfield colleagues so in that sense Karius has many years to make an impression in the game.

      Just how much the Reds can get for him will be very interesting to note.




       
      View full article
    • Never was a graphic so appropriate. Soriano, Guardiola, Sterling; a whole cavern of rats carrying their ill gotten oil money across the ocean with them. He's just a deeply, deeply unpleasant piece of work, isn't he? And -- on the dawn of a Champions League tie -- it again harks back to just what a small provincial football club Manchester City are.   You once said: “Everyone's dream growing up is seeing themselves in an away kit somewhere in a sunny country”. Would you like to play one day for Real Madrid? (Laughs) How do I answer that one? Is the camera live or is it just taking pictures? No one knows what the future will hold. I am a player and I am always open to challenges but right now my challenge is at Manchester City. In the future, hopefully, who knows..    
    • @TheDrowningMan  -- see above   Get it together ya blert!!
    • I've never seen pessimism like it, even on this forum.   I'm almost tempted to write to Klopp and ask him to lose this one.
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

×