You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Like he'll give a fuck. If he can't get a tune out of that lot after a reasonable period, he'll take the dismissal and the substantial payoff that goes with it, and walk away with his reputation and past achievements intact. The Bloos will barely even register on his record.

I suspect Ancelotti is a busted flush. He was clueless yesterday tactically and seemed totally blank in the post match press conference. 

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I suspect Ancelotti is a busted flush. He was clueless yesterday tactically and seemed totally blank in the post match press conference. 

He can still do the People's (Club) Eyebrow better than The Rock!

• Upvote 1

Who wrote those? Dreadfully four and harsh on almost everyone.

Lallana and Gomez were both superb, and while Adrian had nothing to do second half his saves in the first were the reason we didn’t lose the match.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Mark M said:

I enjoyed that win so much yesterday probably because when I seen the line-up I didn't think we'd win. (I need to really just have to start trusting Klopp at this stage)

In terms of favourite Derby wins where does yesterday rank ? Gary Mac's is probably still just ahead of this for me but its a close call.

For me personally the 86 F.A cup final. Quite arguably the last time they truly had a decent team which were consistent and winning things. Yeah, they won a cup in the 90's but their team mid 80's was their best and we beat them in a cup final. Also the 76/77 semi final when Terry McDermott chipped their keeper with a beauty, game ended in a draw and we won the replay and went on to retain the F.A cup. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

For me personally the 86 F.A cup final. Quite arguably the last time they truly had a decent team which were consistent and winning things. Yeah, they won a cup in the 90's but their team mid 80's was their best and we beat them in a cup final. Also the 76/77 semi final when Terry McDermott chipped their keeper with a beauty, game ended in a draw and we won the replay and went on to retain the F.A cup. 

Clive Thomas, of blessed memory. A couple of years before I finished teaching in 2013, I had a lad in one of my 6th form classes who was a Blue. Not unusual if I'd been teaching in North Wales, but as I was working in London, he stuck out like a sore thumb. Naturally, I quizzed him as to the source of this affliction and he put the blame squarely on his dad. I mentioned Clive Thomas' name to check on his credentials and was regaled with chapter and verse about the Blues had been robbed of Wembley glory in 1977 etc. I did wonder about mentioning Collina's name but thought better of it.

• Upvote 7

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Hot take.

A Bloo in work just said that both teams looked like they didn't want to win it (which, I think, makes us the real losers).

You should have started whistling 'Me and Mrs Jones' tune. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Draw for the 4th round is on BBC before the Arsenal v Leeds tie, draw to take place 19:30 UK time.

Hopefully another home tie so the lads can strut their stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Draw for the 4th round is on BBC before the Arsenal v Leeds tie, draw to take place 19:30 UK time.

Hopefully another home tie so the lads can strut their stuff. 

Probably be away at another Premiership team.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Elite said:

Probably be away at another Premiership team.

Gives the main squad a rest whatever mate. Klopp will trust the kids/bench/fringe players to get the job done. Just hope we get a home tie whoever we get. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Gives the main squad a rest whatever mate. Klopp will trust the kids/bench/fringe players to get the job done. Just hope we get a home tie whoever we get. 

Three more wins until then and we will almost certainly have secured the title sitting at the top of the table with 67 points before we play West Ham in midweek to give us another 3 easy points.

I think we can play a few first team players since we follow it up with Soton at home, Norwich away and then West Ham again, now at home.

Then Watford away and Bournmouth at home before our next CL game.

Could we get a better team to play than Bournemouth at home before the next CL game, I doubt it.

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Code said:

Three more wins until then and we will almost certainly have secured the title sitting at the top of the table with 67 points before we play West Ham in midweek to give us another 3 easy points.

I think we can play a few first team players since we follow it up with Soton at home, Norwich away and then West Ham again, now at home.

Then Watford away and Bournmouth at home before our next CL game.

Could we get a better team to play than Bournemouth at home before the next CL game, I doubt it.

All good points mate, I honestly think Klopp will play more or less the same team as reward to those who beat Everton. Unless we draw City/Chelsea at home, he may go a bit stronger then. It's just great to be in the hat for the next round as only a few of us gave that team yesterday hope. my main point was that it was a cup match and bigger teams struggle at smaller teams away from home in the cups, we were arguably on the same level as a smaller team player wise and they stepped up whilst Everton shit the bed and did themselves no favours playing their best team after the busy period, that is why a lot of upsets happen in the 3rd round. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We were about 7/2 at half time on Betfair and said to my lad that they were great odds. Shamefully I didn't practice what I preached.

The easiest way to make money was back everton at 3/1 a few days ago, then cash out yesterday. 

It was clear as day to everyone except the bookies what we'd do. 

On the game, it's interesting to hear some pundits how we rode our luck in the first half when they couldn't convert their chances. Yeah sure they had 3 chances which they should of converted but didn't. Our young side were definitely the better football side overall on the night albeit with limited chances. Should Everton be ashamed? Of course. Their performance during the second half was dire, perhaps they are suffering from a lack of identity, hunger, desire but I did in all honesty felt sorry for them. They have a lot rebuilding to do.

On the plus side our team was exceptional and I am truly loving how these players are developing. Neco Williams, Curtis Jones, Pedro Chirivella but to name a few, their temerity was fantastic, especially after scoring the first goal. Its especially heartening to see them play the same way as the first team. Hopefully they will be ready if needed to play in a league game or two.

7 minutes ago, Bee Jesus said:

We've just had an easy draw against some low in the league dross. 

Seriously we'll probably draw Real Madrid somehow. Somehow they will foist Real Madrid into the English FA cup and make us play them next. 

Just like the next time City get a draw in the Champions League it will be against Plymouth Argyle. 

3 hours ago, Code said:

Will you please knock that shit off? Stop counting chickens ffs, have you learned nothing since 1990?

• Upvote 3