You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Are you gonna have some faith in Klopp's team selection in future then, AoT?

Most of the time.  Probably a bit moreso after that.

What I will never do is go full Grinch and (a) accuse him of throwing a match and (b) think that throwing the match is the right thing to do. 

I took the 'future' son-in-law to this as it was his birthday, what a present that game was. I mean the result was incredible but the game impressed. I really enjoyed it all, apart from Milner going off of course but even that had a silver lining as his replacement was brilliant. 

The energy shown by the kids just had everton on the back foot, everton were second to everything. After a gruelling Christmas fixture list you could almost forgive their players up against such youth and vitality but you cannot forgive the shameful display from their fans, more interested in vile chants and gestures than supporting their own team. Such  utter scum deserve all the ridicule that will come their way.

While I've seen some pretty downbeat assessments of themselves by bitters last night, you just know that as soon as they sign some other major club reject they will be crowing about winning the league next season again and back to their deluded selves. If you think their fans have learned anything from yesterday then you are wrong.

Carlo must be pissed, if he had been sitting on the stands for this before signing then he would have quite rightly headed home and never had taken the job. He hasn't just got a major rebuilding job of the squad he has 25 years of delusion of the fans to try to sort out. I feel very sorry for him, they're mental and won't give him the time he needs, about 30 years at this rate. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Grinch said:

Not like you to be a hypocrite.   Shitting yourself at half time, asking for mane and Henderson.    

Where's the hypocrisy?

Before the team was announced I was saying that I wanted something comparable to the 5-2 team. When it was announced, I said I would have preferred something slightly stronger. After a first half in which we'd conceded three good chances and offered little in attack, I said I'd like to see a bit more experience on the pitch.  (NB - This is not "shitting yourself" by any stretch of the imagination.) Turns out, our kids were mature enough to win without them.  I'm made up with this: unlike you, I think winning football matches is a good thing. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bee Jesus said:

I took the 'future' son-in-law to this as it was his birthday, what a present that game was. I mean the result was incredible but the game impressed. I really enjoyed it all, apart from Milner going off of course but even that had a silver lining as his replacement was brilliant. 

The energy shown by the kids just had everton on the back foot, everton were second to everything. After a gruelling Christmas fixture list you could almost forgive their players up against such youth and vitality but you cannot forgive the shameful display from their fans, more interested in vile chants and gestures than supporting their own team. Such  utter scum deserve all the ridicule that will come their way.

While I've seen some pretty downbeat assessments of themselves by bitters last night, you just know that as soon as they sign some other major club reject they will be crowing about winning the league next season again and back to their deluded selves. If you think their fans have learned anything from yesterday then you are wrong.

Carlo must be pissed, if he had been sitting on the stands for this before signing then he would have quite rightly headed home and never had taken the job. He hasn't just got a major rebuilding job of the squad he has 25 years of delusion of the fans to try to sort out. I feel very sorry for him, they're mental and won't give him the time he needs, about 30 years at this rate. 

Like he'll give a fuck. If he can't get a tune out of that lot after a reasonable period, he'll take the dismissal and the substantial payoff that goes with it, and walk away with his reputation and past achievements intact. The Bloos will barely even register on his record.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Like he'll give a fuck. If he can't get a tune out of that lot after a reasonable period, he'll take the dismissal and the substantial payoff that goes with it, and walk away with his reputation and past achievements intact. The Bloos will barely even register on his record.

It will be like the way people judge the playing career of Samuel Eto'o.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Where's the hypocrisy?

Before the team was announced I was saying that I wanted something comparable to the 5-2 team. When it was announced, I said I would have preferred something slightly stronger. After a first half in which we'd conceded three good chances and offered little in attack, I said I'd like to see a bit more experience on the pitch.  (NB - This is not "shitting yourself" by any stretch of the imagination.) Turns out, our kids were mature enough to win without them.  I'm made up with this: unlike you, I think winning football matches is a good thing. 

If anyone thought that was a winning team at 4.01pm, I hope they filled their boots on the betting exchanges.

39 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I don't mean about his reputation, he will get dogs abuse from them and he has a thankless task ahead of him there. Yeah he's brought it on himself and is being paid millions to take that abuse, still he's far too good for them. 

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed that win so much yesterday probably because when I seen the line-up I didn't think we'd win. (I need to really just have to start trusting Klopp at this stage)

In terms of favourite Derby wins where does yesterday rank ? Gary Mac's is probably still just ahead of this for me but its a close call.

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I enjoyed that win so much yesterday probably because when I seen the line-up I didn't think we'd win. (I need to really just have to start trusting Klopp at this stage)

In terms of favourite Derby wins where does yesterday rank ? Gary Mac's is probably still just ahead of this for me but its a close call.

There've been some good 'uns, Rushie's 4 at Badison, clinching the double at Wembley and my personal favourite, the Sandy Brown derby, which was a bit like yesterday as the Blues were favourites and came a spectaculat cropper. I was at school at the time and recall that many of my Evertonian classmates were mysteriously off sick on the Monday. It will be interesting to see the attendance stats from Merseyside schools today.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

There've been some good 'uns, Rushie's 4 at Badison, clinching the double at Wembley and my personal favourite, the Sandy Brown derby, which was a bit like yesterday as the Blues were favourites and came a spectaculat cropper. I was at school at the time and recall that many of my Evertonian classmates were mysteriously off sick on the Monday. It will be interesting to see the attendance stats from Merseyside schools today.

I think the Liverpool players should be allowed a day off.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We were about 7/2 at half time on Betfair and said to my lad that they were great odds. Shamefully I didn't practice what I preached.

Betfair were following the money. Can the Bloos do anything right? Don't answer that.