You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'd be happy with that as well. Winner of Bristol Rovers/Coventry would also be sweet. We'll be playing more or less the same type of team, maybe a bit stronger depending on injured players returning so best to get a home game against one of those mentioned. A nice long run in the F.A cup gives certain youngsters more time to develop at a higher level. 

Yeah, much will depend on players returning from injury. Given that the fourth round tie will be sandwiched between trips to Wolves and West Ham, I reckon it’s highly unlikely we'll see a team as strong as today's if we're still stretched.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Yeah, much will depend on players returning from injury. Given that the fourth round tie will be sandwiched between trips to Wolves and West Ham, I reckon it’s highly unlikely we'll see a team as strong as today's if we're still stretched.

If we have Wolves and West Ham either side then the law of averages says we get one of those (if Wolves get through the replay) as it's amazing how often the cup throws up games against teams you have in the league about the same time. 

1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

Look at Sadio stop and watch in the buildup to the goal, and then leg it when Jones scores!

Just rewatching and noticed that as everyone is celebrating the White Gerrard comes into view looking lost and bewildered.

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

They were fucked in the second half and had no answer. Our kids looked comfortable and just quicker to the ball. I imagine if we had played a full team against them or even just started with our usual red arrows up front we'd have crucified them. 

I was impressed with how mature they were after going a goal up. It's only in the last couple of years that our first team have learned how to manage a game and hold a lead.

7 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

The fume if we beat these with a severely weakened team will be exquisite. I’m not ashamed to say that I’d be tempted to take the day off work tomorrow just to spend all day on GOT bathing in their rage.

It’ll be up there with the Origi last minute game when one of the old Bitters in the pub went from basically being about to light a flare to literally rolling a tear in about 3 seconds. 

Always a happy memory when I’m feeling down.

Nostradamus walks amongst us.

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

Onwards and Upwards   

I'm just struggling with the second bit of that sentence. Errrr, how? 

2 hours ago, rotoq said:

Shove that up you, you massive fucking cunt!! Bet you've a tiny cock too.

Harsh. It's small, I'll give you that, but tiny? Nah.