You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

Have to say about Jones, both in celebrating the goal and his post-match interview, he looked like that’s just exactly what he expected of himself at this level.

That’s not a lad running round pinching himself, it’s business as usual. Obvious caveats about keeping his feet on the ground and being patient etc, but such coolness bodes well.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

They were fucked in the second half and had no answer. Our kids looked comfortable and just quicker to the ball. I imagine if we had played a full team against them or even just started with our usual red arrows up front we'd have crucified them. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Curtis Jones was terrific. Not only did he play well he scored a World Class goal which just oozed quality. Not long before that he showed he has a shot on him with that long range effort which was an easy save but also a very good clean strike. I reckon he wouldn't look out of place against the dross in the league and would offer us something else when trying to break down a stubborn defence. Elliott also showed what he can offer at times, very positive player who is always looking to play passes to teammates in the box or dangerous areas. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Liverpool reserves/youngsters the second best team on Merseyside now. They should put Jürgen in charge of the Ladies team as well, just to drop Everton down a further notch. 

Well what the fuck do I know. Thought we would lose , pissed with Klopp for playing Adrian and just praying we didn't get bummed after they let us off the hook time after time in that first half . What a second half from the kids and immense from Gomez, Origi and Lallana as the senior players. The loudest shout I've done all season when Jones curled in that shot. Minamino didn't pull up any trees but did enough after a month out and only at the club for few days.  Great to see Ox back .

I'm not that arsed about mocking the Blooshite , they have only themselves to blame for not taking their chances , however I'm happy we have such a great academy that can come in and play like seniors . Klopp really has revitalised the whole club , top to bottom. 

Hope Milner is not a serious problem . Onwards and Upwards   

• Upvote 1