You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think we should have a minutes silence for Harvey's mental health. Genuinely worried for him right now.

I started worrying for him the moment I realised he can't spell his own name. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aws said:

I started worrying for him the moment I realised he can't spell his own name. 

Right now his wife and kids are hiding in the atomic bomb shelter he built in case we won the league in 2014. 

Mummy Harvey " We can leave in about five days. It's going to be okay kids. He only has these breakdowns two or three times a year".

Guest Pistonbroke

I guess being an Everton fan at the moment is akin to being a virgin and waking up to being strapped to a bed and Arlene Foster about to mount your cock. 

7 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

GOT match thread has a biggest waste of space poll. I believe the current leader is Morgan Schneiderlin. A bit harsh since they were all terrible. 

Nice moment on BBC was a Walcott pass so bad that the commentator used the word "wretched" twice.

The "world's greatest left-back" didn't get a sniff of anything either, did he? It was lovely to see him getting more pissed off as the game wore on.

Jake: Everton could have a chance against Liverpool, Liverpool are playing a complete youth team and Everton are playing a first team. I think it will be a close game.

Andy: I'm calling it now will be an Everton cup upset..Calvert-Lewin is going to give them nightmares.

Andrew Humphreys: Why are Liverpool playing such a weakened team? Could understand it in the Carabo, with fixture congestion, but they're only playing three times in 2 weeks, like everyone else. Fingers crossed Everton make ‘em regret it!

Hahahaha... Suckers

Massively proud of the young lads. Everton put out probably their strongest line-up, missed several excellent chances in the first half, and were a complete non-factor in the second. It's for that second half display in particular that the players deserve the plaudits for.

As far as the debutants go, Nathaniel Phillips found Calvert-Lewin a handful in the first half an hour but thereafter was totally composed and rock solid. Calvert-Lewin disappeared completely. Yasser Larouci had to come on early following the injury to Milner, and while he struggled to retain possession in the first half, he grew stronger and stronger the longer the game went on. Once Everton's Sidibe went to full back and Walcott to the right of midfield, both struggled to live with the young Algerian. Minamino was busy and energetic without being overly involved, and he did miss probably our best chance of the first half when he didn't connect properly with Big Div's cross. He hasn't played since the CL game against us so a bit of rustiness is to be expected.

What about the youngsters who HAVE played before? Curtis Jones was much like the rest of the team in the first half, but just like the team he grew into the second and was a real threat with his ability on the ball. And what a debut goal that was! A goalkeeper with normal-sized arms might have saved that but the strike was inch-perfect, in off the bar. They always look better when the go in off the woodwork. Neco Williams was assured throughout, getting forward and tracking back constantly. Harvey Elliott worked hard but didn't find a way to get in behind. Still he didn't looked completely overmatched physically against an opponent 10 years older than him.

The player who most impressed me was Pedro Chirivella. He probably doesn't have a long-term future at Liverpool but he's doing all the right things for a central midfielder. He worked his bollocks off defensively and was always trying to use the ball effectively when he had possession. There's a player in there for a team who want somebody who shows all of Chirivella's attributes. Somebody like Graham Potter at Brighton would do wonders with the young Spaniard in his midfield.

The older heads like Nivea Man, Big Div and Adrian all played their part. Big Div drew a save from T-Rex in the first half and gave the Everton back line a physical problem when he moved inside in the second half. Lallana was much like Chirivella, only in a slightly further forward role. Adrian made two important first half saves from Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin, and stopped another from a Holgate header that was right at him. Ox when he came on played his part too, and it's a bonus to have him back.

The reason for that is because of the only negative of the evening, which was the injury to Big Game James. Hopefully it's not a major one that keeps him out for weeks on end.

A massive plus tonight then. I hope we get the sort of cup draw City were getting all last season, as it gives Klopp another chance to use our youngsters mixed in with a few older heads. There's a chance to make some headway in the FA Cup this season if we want it. The league is the big one, followed by the defence of our European crown, but the FA Cup is still a valued prize if we treat it as such.

• Upvote 3