You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think thats a ridiculous team selection from Klopp. 

But, maybe a necessary one? 

We're down to about 12 fit first team players. And coming out of the Crimbo fixture pile up. Straight into a potentially fiery derby cup tie. 

Just imagine VVD getting crunched by Calvert-Lewin and bring out for a couple of months. Or Firmino getting his ankle snapped by Holgate. 

It'll be horrible to see these win at our place. If they do. They definitely have it in themselves to "Everton" it up still. 

But, we're a week or so from getting numbers back into the squad. With a few tricky games coming up in the league. A bit of a rest this weekend, then push right on after to sew up our 19th league title. 

The joy of that will easily trump the disappointment of Everton beating our reserves today. 

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

They're nothing special. We're at home. A decent mix of promising players who could play really well and some established, experienced players. I think this will be a close game 

Hope you are right DR , but while nothing special they are a reasonable Premiership side while we are three first team players on top of a team that couldn't get through in the Autoscreen trophy or whatever it is these days. I think age and strength will win out unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

But, maybe a necessary one? 

We're down to about 12 fit first team players. And coming out of the Crimbo fixture pile up. Straight into a potentially fiery derby cup tie. 

Just imagine VVD getting crunched by Calvert-Lewin and bring out for a couple of months. Or Firmino getting his ankle snapped by Holgate. 

It'll be horrible to see these win at our place. If they do. They definitely have it in themselves to "Everton" it up still. 

But, we're a week or so from getting numbers back into the squad. With a few tricky games coming up in the league. A bit of a rest this weekend, then push right on after to sew up our 19th league title. 

The joy of that will easily trump the disappointment of Everton beating our reserves today. 

Injuries can happen in any game. I honestly can't believe how many people are 'meh' about this game and the team selection. My bloods boiling. 

• Upvote 3

It'll be a bit like Villa with us controlling the play and them being more direct (and probably more powerful). Had robbo, vvd and allison played I would have really  fancied us. Fear Milner and phillips will be exploited though. Should be goals in this one, let's hope the reds do us proud!

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

We're getting our arses handed to us today. Very disappointed with Klopp's attitude to this game. 

Not sure about that but I thought he'd go a bit stronger. Surprised Mo isnt even on the bench and I would have played Alisson behind such a make shift defence.