You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Chip Butty said:

Been sent this from a mate, who’s a red who goes and wants a full strength team, he reckons it’s a very strong rumour of being the team

Adrian

Loruci

Williams

Phillips

Hoever

Lallana

Jones

Minamino

Origi

Elliot 

Brewster

Hope it’s way, way wrong. 

We’re gonna win 6-5

6 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Been sent this from a mate, who’s a red who goes and wants a full strength team, he reckons it’s a very strong rumour of being the team

Adrian

Loruci

Williams

Phillips

Hoever

Lallana

Jones

Minamino

Origi

Elliot 

Brewster

We wont win with that defence .  Shame if Klopp feels we must surrender our home record by resting everyone.

For the life of me I can't see why Alisson wouldn't play. 

20 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Adrian

Loruci

Williams

Phillips

Hoever

Lallana

Jones

Minamino

Origi

Elliot 

Brewster

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I watched him say this and I wasn't 100 % behind it.  Emotion. history the opponent do play a part in football especially for the fans who have grown up in Liverpool . Rolling over for Everton is not in our DNA . I love us winning the FA cup but given the priorities that have been clearly set out by the club I can't see that happening again any time soon. Bigger fish and all that but part of me still feels sad. 

• Upvote 3

Klopp made it clear in his interview that he'll do what's necessary based on what his team of staff tell him. We've come through a very busy December and made very few changes. The first team players must be feeling it, if not physically then mentally. We've got three tough league games coming up after this and only 13 or so fit first team players at the moment. It's horrible that we drew Everton in the cup, probably the worst draw that we could have got given that we haven't really given this competition much importance for quite a while. I can understand those who say we need our strongest team out because of this and our recent record agaist them, but at the same time I don't want to lose anymore players and am in two minds about it all. I trust Klopp and his staff to make the right decision and for what its worth think we'll get a mix. We might be able to lose a couple of games and still maintain a decent lead in the league but any run where we lose points immediately puts pressure on the players given what's gone before and how important winning the league is to us fans. Opposing fans would absolutely love for it all to go wrong, which is why I think our full focus should be on ensuring we absolutely batter everyone in the league and leave them all speechless as to our brilliance and unquestionable greatness. I for one will be unbearable and wont ever let up telling them all how fucking fantastic we are!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I watched him say this and I wasn't 100 % behind it.  Emotion. history the opponent do play a part in football especially for the fans who have grown up in Liverpool . Rolling over for Everton is not in our DNA . I love us winning the FA cup but given the priorities that have been clearly set out by the club I can't see that happening again any time soon. Bigger fish and all that but part of me still feels sad. 

It's the schedule's fault. Rotating the entire 11 in such an important game for supporters is a byproduct of how bad it is.

If they want managers of big clubs to care about the FA Cup, don't put it at the end of the busiest period of the season. Remove games. Get rid of the League Cup. 

1 minute ago, RedPaul said:

Klopp made it clear in his interview that he'll do what's necessary based on what his team of staff tell him. We've come through a very busy December and made very few changes. The first team players must be feeling it, if not physically then mentally. We've got three tough league games coming up after this and only 13 or so fit first team players at the moment. It's horrible that we drew Everton in the cup, probably the worst draw that we could have got given that we haven't really given this competition much importance for quite a while. I can understand those who say we need our strongest team out because of this and our recent record agaist them, but at the same time I don't want to lose anymore players and am in two minds about it all. I trust Klopp and his staff to make the right decision and for what its worth think we'll get a mix. We might be able to lose a couple of games and still maintain a decent lead in the league but any run where we lose points immediately puts pressure on the players given what's gone before and how important winning the league is to us fans. Opposing fans would absolutely love for it all to go wrong, which is why I think our full focus should be on ensuring we absolutely batter everyone in the league and leave them all speechless as to our brilliance and unquestionable greatness. I for one will be unbearable and wont ever let up telling them all how fucking fantastic we are!

I get all this but Klopp seems to be ruling out giving tomorrows game any priority. Look we don't know the team yet but I expect it will be all change. I certainly don't advocate going full strength but at least have one first team striker , maybe risk Virg and definitely play Allison to give us some expectations of progressing. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's the schedule's fault. Rotating the entire 11 in such an important game for supporters is a byproduct of how bad it is.

If they want managers of big clubs to care about the FA Cup, don't put it at the end of the busiest period of the season. Remove games. Get rid of the League Cup. 

It's a significant factor but it's never black and white but a combination of reasons: money for one . The CL is far more lucrative, foreign stars don't come to the PL to win domestic cups. If it were my decision I would have one domestic cup involving the P.L , tweak the schedule, make it more lucrative and if possible try to secure a spot in qualifying rounds of the CL . In any event it will stick in my throat if we get stuffed tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Chip Butty said:

Adrian

Loruci

Williams

Phillips

Hoever

Lallana

Jones

Minamino

Origi

Elliot 

Brewster

That's a Grinch team.

Fucking hope it's not a Klopp team.

If playing our best players risks injury due to so many games in so few days then I'd rather they not play. Fa cup is not a priority and if Everton beat a weakened Liverpool team it is what it is, it's nothing to do with luck or a hoodoo why they haven't won at Anfield it's because we are better and if it was important to us tomorrow we would batter them with ease. The title is literally the only thing I give a shit about and if all Everton have is they beat a weakened Liverpool team in a round of the FA cup then good luck to them put it in your trophy cabinet, we will just polish our European cup, super cup and world club cup that we have won in just the last 12 months and possibly look forward to the league title.

What they are wanking themselves furiously about the hopes and dreams of being contenders one day if they spend billions more and ancelotii can be arsed, we are achieving right now, in reality with a manager that's spent 70 million quid net since he's been here. Whatever team klopp picks I'm good with, I'd put his practicality ahead of my hunger to humiliate the blues at every opportunity. Libpool libpool top of the league!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yep. Retire the League Cup, scrap FA Cup replays and spread it out. Third round in October or November, Fourth round early February, Fifth at the beginning of March, 6th at the end, Semi & Final in April and May respectively. Ultimately, the FA has left its showpiece cup competition to atrophy, and that has led to it becoming essentially irrelevant in the modern game.

If the team posted earlier is the one we’re playing tomorrow, it’ll be because that’s what Klopp and the medical staff have determined is the best for our season, and it is therefore the right decision, regardless of the result. Likewise if we end up fielding a stronger side.

23 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. Retire the League Cup, scrap FA Cup  replays and spread it out. Third round in October or November, Fourth round early February, Fifth at the beginning of March, 6th at the end, Semi & Final in April and May respectively. Ultimately, the FA has left its showpiece cup competition to atrophy, and that has led to it becoming essentially irrelevant in the modern game.

If the team posted earlier is the one we’re playing tomorrow, it’ll be because that’s what Klopp and the medical staff have determined is the best for our season, and it is therefore the right decision, regardless of the result. Likewise if we end up fielding a stronger side.

The FA Cup has become increasingly irrelevant because the reward for progressing to the latter rounds and ultimately winning it is no longer deemed great enough. Seemingly endless replays were one of the best thing about the competition. In my opinion, the format has been fucked around with more than enough as it is. The third round is played in January. The kick-off for the Final should revert to 3pm.

E41A8A7A-12B3-4C79-91CB-6092B8DBDD38.jpeg

04019B43-E673-417E-B6F5-53832D243604.jpeg

• Upvote 4