You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Captain said:

Fuck Everton, we’ve got bigger fish to fry.

This isn’t about rest, it’s about avoiding injuries to critical players like Virgil and Joe.

Perspective. 

We can afford to drop points in the league and still win the fucker. Lose this - to the Shite! at Anfield! - and a winnable major trophy goes out the window.  We shouldn't be prepared to accept that because we're scared someone will get a boo-boo.

• Upvote 2

The league is all that matters to me. I don't want to risk an injury in the FA Cup so I'd play the fringe players. Losing to the shite at home in the Cup is tough to take but would gladly do it if it means us being champions at the end of the season. Besides, it's not like they're going to win the thing.

Injured players are all going to be coming back in a couple of weeks. Minamino is through the door now. It won’t be our full first 11, more due to coming 3 days after tonight’s game than to do with the Spurs one, and no doubt Big Divvy and I reckon Curtis Jones will get a run out, but we can still go strong.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

The league is all that matters to me. I don't want to risk an injury in the FA Cup so I'd play the fringe players. Losing to the shite at home in the Cup is tough to take but would gladly do it if it means us being champions at the end of the season. Besides, it's not like they're going to win the thing.

No.

We are.

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

ENT3rCcXkAEo7Iy?format=jpg&name=medium

They could always just boo, they have enough practice at it the perennial losing cunts. 

I live with a Blue and even if we win the league, of they beat us I won't hear the fucking last of it. They will all be saying if they had Ancelotti in from the start of the season they would have been in a title race etc. Even worse.... imagine they beat us then somehow we manage to falter and fuck up the title...... Oh yeah great. 

I'd have to emigrate to somewhere that is full of people who don't give a fuck about Everton or have really heard of them for that matter. Wont have to go far like but still. 

Klopp was bold enough to rotate against them in the league so it stands to reason he won't mind doing the same here, especially in an inferior competition and with the grind of the Christmas + Qatar trip behind us. 

Origi, Minamino, Lallana and Phillips are certainties to start, you would think, unless the latter is just there for an emergency. Also, if it was up to me, I'd play Hoever at right back, Jones in midfield or in the front 3, and I'd give Virgil a rest. 

I want the treble so that;

a) it’s no longer just united who have won this (ours was the Mickey Mouse treble remember) &

b) we completely destroy city’s domestic treble when they were the best team in the universe of all time, ever. Our side absolutely deserves that type of success.

To do this we need to beat Everton which is a fun thing in itself, the angst, anger and depression that follows being a wonderful experience, whether you are a scouser or not.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Perspective. 

We can afford to drop points in the league and still win the fucker. Lose this - to the Shite! at Anfield! - and a winnable major trophy goes out the window.  We shouldn't be prepared to accept that because we're scared someone will get a boo-boo.

Perspective indeed.

You seem to take the title for granted at this stage - I don’t.

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I live with a Blue and even if we win the league, of they beat us I won't hear the fucking last of it. They will all be saying if they had Ancelotti in from the start of the season they would have been in a title race etc. Even worse.... imagine they beat us then somehow we manage to falter and fuck up the title...... Oh yeah great. 

I'd have to emigrate to somewhere that is full of people who don't give a fuck about Everton or have really heard of them for that matter. Wont have to go far like but still. 

I get your point about wanting to win it, and I'm exactly the same.

But quite frankly, if you give a fuck about what their potential win might mean they're going to say about what could have happened, you've got bigger problems than most of us.

Problems Klopp couldn't care less about, and rightly so.

I couldn't believe the side he picked for the league game, and it turned out to be a superb decision in more ways than one. 

Imagine if we'd played our first team, fresh and ready.

We're so far ahead of them, it's meant them blowing millions on trying to remain relevant while we have every football fan in the world looking over at us with traumatic envy.

The league is the one we've all been desperate for, to a degree where mental health has to be a serious factor if we don't manage to win it come what May.

A significant portion of our core fanbase have never seen us win it, and the rest have suffered for most of their lives with false dawns and incredibly incompetent decision making.

We've rectified that, and how.

Finally, if the points lead means we currently have means we can risk line ups, save that 'luxury' for Ol' Big Ears and win that fucker as well.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, m0e said:

I get your point about wanting to win it, and I'm exactly the same.

But quite frankly, if you give a fuck about what their potential win might mean they're going to say about what could have happened, you've got bigger problems than most of us.

Problems Klopp couldn't care less about, and rightly so.

I couldn't believe the side he picked for the league game, and it turned out to be a superb decision in more ways than one. 

Imagine if we'd played our first team, fresh and ready.

We're so far ahead of them, it's meant them blowing millions on trying to remain relevant while we have every football fan in the world looking over at us with traumatic envy.

The league is the one we've all been desperate for, to a degree where mental health has to be a serious factor if we don't manage to win it come what May.

A significant portion of our core fanbase have never seen us win it, and the rest have suffered for most of their lives with false dawns and incredibly incompetent decision making.

We've rectified that, and how.

Finally, if the points lead means we currently have means we can risk line ups, save that 'luxury' for Ol' Big Ears and win that fucker as well.

Ill be mentally disturbed if we lose to these on Sunday. 

51XyCeoG1PL._SY355_.jpg

There was a few on here last season who reckoned we should treat the league as our main focus, and rest players in the CL. that kind of thinking would have left us trophyless because we did amazing in the league and still came short. And we didn't show much sign of weakness from focusing on both. 

So I was originally on the side of wanting to go reasonably strong for this one, get one over on the blues, see if we get a favourable draw in the next round and take it from there. On paper we are capable of winning all the trophies we are still in. We're just that good. 

Then I had a peek at our next few fixtures, Tottenham, United, and wolves. Teams placed in 5th 6th and 7th. those games have potential banana skins written all over them. 

We can't afford any fuck ups, any other year we can go for the FA Cup, but not this time, we have a bigger trophy begging to have our name written on it. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

They could always just boo, they have enough practice at it the perennial losing cunts. 

Or - and I appreciate that this is new thinking for them - just concentrate on supporting Everton.

They (The Originals 1878) were also advocating a big flag with "Never Your Fault" on it too, the Hillsborough-baiting, horrible cunts. I'm with Mal on this one, we can never loose to these.

• Upvote 3

Thought it was only der redshite who were out of towners Going to my first Anfield derby on Sunday. What's the best way to get to the Away stand?
I'm going alone and will be getting the train. Probably go to Kirkdale as I go there for home games and thinking of walking up to Goodison then through Stanley Park to the pit. Is this what most other people do? Had an email from the club saying my designated area is by the Shankley gates.

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Thought it was only der redshite who were out of towners Going to my first Anfield derby on Sunday. What's the best way to get to the Away stand?
I'm going alone and will be getting the train. Probably go to Kirkdale as I go there for home games and thinking of walking up to Goodison then through Stanley Park to the pit. Is this what most other people do? Had an email from the club saying my designated area is by the Shankley gates.

Tell him to get the 347 bus....

• Upvote 1