You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Plus, the long winning run over them is worth points in the league, it’s self-perpetuating.

Put this game to bed, then think about resting players, for me. 

But then you could only rest 3 starters!

Incision. Firepower. Intelligence. Tenacity. Heart. Accuracy. Diligence. Nous. Excellence. Bravado. Impudence. Nervelessness. Ferocity. Energy. Resolve.

I don't ask for much.

We don't play again until the following Saturday evening after this game, so I don't think Klopp needs to approach it with one eye on another game just a couple of days later likes he's had to do over the past month or so. He has more time to work with the players on the training ground as well as giving them a bit more time to recover.

It's been ages since we've done anything of note in the FA Cup, and even longer since we won the bloody thing. I'm not saying the league doesn't take priority (it does), but we shouldn't dismiss the FA Cup because of that. We shouldn't allow ourselves to get beaten at Anfield. And we most definitely shouldn't allow that lot to get a sniff of a chance to do it. Fuck that. Fuck them and their supposed new manager bounce. And fuck Ancelotti whose Napoli team were fortunate to get 4 points against us in the Champions League group stage thanks to a fortunate penalty in Naples and a goal after a blatant foul at Anfield.

Just get this one won and keep the momentum up.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Incision. Firepower. Intelligence. Tenacity. Heart. Accuracy. Diligence. Nous. Excellence. Bravado. Impudence. Nervelessness. Ferocity. Energy. Resolve.

I don't ask for much.

We don't play again until the following Saturday evening after this game, so I don't think Klopp needs to approach it with one eye on another game just a couple of days later likes he's had to do over the past month or so. He has more time to work with the players on the training ground as well as giving them a bit more time to recover.

It's been ages since we've done anything of note in the FA Cup, and even longer since we won the bloody thing. I'm not saying the league doesn't take priority (it does), but we shouldn't dismiss the FA Cup because of that. We shouldn't allow ourselves to get beaten at Anfield. And we most definitely shouldn't allow that lot to get a sniff of a chance to do it. Fuck that. Fuck them and their supposed new manager bounce. And fuck Ancelotti whose Napoli team were fortunate to get 4 points against us in the Champions League group stage thanks to a fortunate penalty in Naples and a goal after a blatant foul at Anfield.

Just get this one won and keep the momentum up.

Yep more of this please. 

27 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t want a drubbing.

I don't either, but we've come off a ridiculous December schedule including the travel to Doha and back. The 2 games out there were brutal.

Look at the Newcastle match yesterday with players dropping like flies with strains and muscle injuries. That could easily happen to us.

If we had a fully fit squad, then yes. But we don't. Another player down with Naby's muscle issue.

People have forgotten that our front 3 had no break during the summer.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm confident that we'll beat them due to playing at home. We can bring in a few players without running the others into the ground. No way will Ancelotti play a full strength team as he'll want to look at a few fringe players himself. Especially after a gruelling busy period. Everton (especially Ancelotti) will still harbour thoughts of a top 6 spot due to how shit other teams are. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I want us to spank them with our reserves 

This.

Although I'm nervous about the number of injuries we now have and how pooped our first-choice XI might be.

God, we've got to beat these cunts. It's Everton.  It's the FA Cup.  It's an Anfield derby. 

Just get them beat, Reds.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, aws said:

I think we'll rest the front three and play Div, Mini and Harvey.

Midfield of Milner, Lallana and Jones. 

Defence of Robbo, VVD, Joe and Williams + Allison.  

Should be good enough. 

One of the Crucial Three in place of Harvey or Minamino.

Nat Phillips at CB and Gomez at RB.

Strong bench - the other two, Hendo, Trent, Gini -  in case we need to up our game.

16 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Plus, the long winning run over them is worth points in the league, it’s self-perpetuating.

Put this game to bed, then think about resting players, for me. 

Exactly. 

The reality of our position is that a draw or defeat in this match would be much more damaging than the same in the League. 

Nat Phillips will surely play otherwise not much point bringing him back from Germany?

I know it's them, but we have an incredible chance to win the league and a good chance to win the Champions League as well. That has to be out priority this season. The FA cup is for the kids and squad players.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Agreed. If any of them pick up even a slight injury they could miss the Spurs and United games.

Oh no!

If we lose to Spurs our lead would be reduced to 10 points with a game in hand.  Might as well give the trophy to Brendan if that happens!

It really is a bastard...wanna dick these, hate losing to them and don't wanna give them a fuckinh crumb to hold on to.

But less than 72 hours after tonight, off the back of a mad schedule, with players playing ridiculous amounts of games and now just 13 fit senior outfield players - one of which has not played for us yet.

Poxy bastard draw.

Can't lose to that shower.

A side like this maybe:

Adrian

Hoever

Gomez

Phillips

Milner

Minamino

Lallana

Jones

Origi

Mane

Elliott

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Right enough of this. Anyone who thinks we should rest a player and risk losing to these fuckers have a listen to this

Alisson

TAA

Gomez

VVD

Robbo

Wijnaldum

Henderson

Minamino

Salah

Firmino

Mane