You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

Bjornebye

Not keen on the idea of resting players for this. They will be more up for this than the league game. Its a Cup Final for them because it will get the monkey of their back for Ancelotti and he instantly becomes a legend. They will have a big allocation as well so I hope we shut them the fuck up. 

Strongest possible 11, shut them up early and get through to the next round. if Klopp isn't arsed about the FA Cup then fine rest players beyond this game but this is a derby and we want to win. We've got some breathing space in the league so there is no reason not to play the strongest side. We don't play for 6 days after this. 

Absolutely fuck the idea of a replay over the park right off. 

Win win win. 

• Upvote 5

I agree in principle about playing best side and dicking these - we'll never hear the end of it if they won, regardless of us putting out kids.

It is a derby.

But we have just 13 fit senior outfield players at the mo and they have played a bomb load of games lately and some look really tired.

So as much as it pains me to say it, I think we have to rest those first team players and go with the kids - too much at stake to risk an already stretched squad....

It is a bastard of a draw on so many levels - I love the cup, but this time i feel we have to rest our first teamers ahead of some very tough looking league games. It is also less than 72 hrs after tonight.

If it gives that shower their day and first win at ours in 20 years then this time (grits teeth) so be it.....bigger fish to fry.

• Upvote 1

There will be plenty of rotation imo. 

Will probably start Virg and Gomez as it would be a big ask for Phillips. 

Hopefully Shaqiri is fit enough to take part. 

Minamino and Origi will start. 

Probably Lallana and 2 of the others due to injuries. 

Would rather play lads like divock to keep them fresh for the league if they are needed due to injuries or tiredness. With dejan and matip out as well as fabinho, think we need to rest virgil and joe. Milner in for robbo and trent rested as well. Very inexperienced defence but needs must. 

Elliot and Jones should start also. Lallana as well.

Last thing we want is a big injury to one of our main players from a shithouse tackle.

Klopp’s post-match comments are either clear indication of a load of changes or giving Everton false hope.

As amusing as the latter would be before a thorough smashing, suspect it’s the former and a real chance for them to break their hoodoo against us.

Just now, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

What's the point in risking anyone for this?

We don't have any other fit defenders if something happens to Joe.

Wouldn't play Milner or Gini either due to the injuries to other midfielders.

I don’t want a drubbing.

Both teams will rotate but we'll rotate way more. It'll be our league cup team I think. Not the villa side, but more akin to the arsenal team we drew 5all with. Having only 12 fit seniors is a cunt but we can't afford anymore injuries. The league is 10000000000% more important

• Upvote 1

First time I've approached a derby in ages not caring that much*, from a big picture point of view a major rest for our players ahead of Spurs away, United at home and Wolves away is vital. I've waited 30 years for a shot at the title this good, basically my whole cognisant life, there is no way we should jeopardise that by playing tired first teamers in the 3rd round of the FA cup regardless of the irritating opponents selected by the draw.

*this is likely to change the closer kick off gets that's why we need Jurgen to view the decision about team selection in a dispassionate way

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’d say most non-scousers wouldn’t care all that much about this tie.

Disagree strongly. Surely people from anywhere with even a passing interest in the club can see the difference in intensity, adrenaline and atmosphere in these games? It’s a special fixture regardless of league positions.