You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Miscellaneous LFC Stuff...

AngryOfTuebrook

I was there too, had a pendant of both teams on my wall, same age, can't remember much about it though. 

It must of been my first European match probably 

I can vaguely remember what I think was Athletico Bilbao fans walking down the road by Stanley Park with flags after they knocked us out, toss of the coin? That was 68 I think. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I was there too, had a pendant of both teams on my wall, same age, can't remember much about it though. 

It must of been my first European match probably 

I can vaguely remember what I think was Athletico Bilbao fans walking down the road by Stanley Park with flags after they knocked us out, toss of the coin? That was 68 I think. 

We used to live off Belmont Road so my dad gave in to my begging and we walked up to the Malmo game at three-quarters time and walked in for free up the steep Kop steps and stood near the back. After a few games here and there with my dad for a couple of seasons I graduated to the Boys Pen and went to most home games for a good while.

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

We used to live off Belmont Road so my dad gave in to my begging and we walked up to the Malmo game at three-quarters time and walked in for free up the steep Kop steps and stood near the back. After a few games here and there with my dad for a couple of seasons I graduated to the Boys Pen and went to most home games for a good while.

I don't remember going in the boys pen, me Dad used to pick the tickets up that St John left in the office and it was the Main Stand for me, until I started going on my own and went in the Kop but usually the Anny Rd., and Blackbeard, I remember him. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

My Dad ( Evertonian) took me to the boys pen I'm thinking about 67 -68 I'm pretty sure it was Wolves cant remember the score at all 

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

The home leg of the previous round ( Malmo ) was my first ever Anfield visit, I was 7.

My mate who was on here, Sammy, well we was the same age and he had a similar story to you, anyway I remember we were talking about European games as kids, one was Ferencvaros in particular, I think they knocked us out in the snow but thinking on maybe that was away not at Anfield? 

He was in Brazil some years ago and met these Hungarian lads and mentioned it, one of them had a tattoo of Florian Albert, a national hero, even though they very much younger. 

In the Richmond some years ago, some older fella said all hands were trying to get in that night just to see him, European footballer of the year 67

Never went to the Ferencvaros game, but my dad went and like you say it was a big deal with them having won the Fairs Cup a year or two earlier. He still raved for years after about a guy they had called Zoltan Varga who eventually defected while at a football tournament and ended up playing for loads of Western European teams, including Ajax I think.

19 hours ago, sir roger said:

Never went to the Ferencvaros game, but my dad went and like you say it was a big deal with them having won the Fairs Cup a year or two earlier. He still raved for years after about a guy they had called Zoltan Varga who eventually defected while at a football tournament and ended up playing for loads of Western European teams, including Ajax I think.

Just googled him and he did play for Ajax also Borussia Dortmund and Hertha when he was banned for fixing to lose matches, during the ban he played for Aberdeen. 

Sadly died at only 65

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If we recover from the West Brom disappointment and put in a performance against Newcastle, you can thank Andreas Schlumberger.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/421551-reds-appoint-andreas-schlumberger-as-head-of-recovery-and-performance

A bollocking off Ronnie Morgan would of done the trick. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, sir roger said:

If not the contents of your pockets

It was like being an extra in 'Scum'

I remember my brother getting thumped in there because he was wearing his school scarf, a fetching purple and grey, because someone mistook it for Burnley colours.

• Upvote 1