You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield United (H) Premier League 2/1/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

On 30/12/2019 at 16:53, Grinch said:

Not surprisingly that defeat came against the only other good team in the league other than ourselves. 

They're another shite side getting patted on the head for doing better than expected. 

Well harsh, they're far from shite.

I expect us to win but it won't be easy. 

• Upvote 1

This lot can afford to go eyeballs out against us tonight as they have a piss easy game in the cup against a team in the National League relegation berths. They could probably put their U23s out and win that particular game.

They have an excellent away record. It will be another tough game for us. We need the crowd to roar the team on in this one.

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

This lot can afford to go eyeballs out against us tonight as they have a piss easy game in the cup against a team in the National League relegation berths. They could probably put their U23s out and win that particular game.

They have an excellent away record. It will be another tough game for us. We need the crowd to roar the team on in this one.

They dont really have an excellent away record.

Sheff Utd away:
10 3 6 1 11-9 15 points

We on the other hand have an excellent home record the last two seasons.

Liverpool home last two seasons:

29 27 2 0 82-19 83 points

Liverpool home this season:

10 10 0 0 29-9 30 points

Call me an optimist, but I think we have a chance here.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've noticed they have been more adventurous in an attacking sense of late, they lack a good forward though. Reckon if they try to compete against us in the same vain it will not end well for them. They have a decent manager though so I fully expect them to revert back to their less adventurous tactics tonight and try to frustrate us. 

I don't think it'll be pretty but we'll come through it with the points.

To be honest, i'd actually be willing to make a lot of changes so that we can go strong on Sunday as I don't want to lose to them cunts.

As Dave mentioned in his last match report, it's a tough call in terms of team selection for the next two games.

We had more than 70% possession in the away game. It could be a frustrating night, but I hope for an early goal.

We have had a fortunate Christmas schedule, I think we will go strong here tonight. Not really many options either way.

On 30/12/2019 at 16:53, Grinch said:

Not surprisingly that defeat came against the only other good team in the league other than ourselves. 

They're another shite side getting patted on the head for doing better than expected. 

post-24030-Mark-Wahlberg-confused-gif-Im

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It's laughable that anyone can say that isn't true. 

If they were a good team, their manager would be up shit creek for such a pathetic start to the season.   

Are you talking about Manchester United? If so, I agree.

Are you talking about Sheffield United? The manager has taken them from League One perhaps 3 or 4 years ago to the Premier League. Bournemouth are in the relegation zone. Sheffield United are not. Sheffield United are 2 points behind Manchester United. Arsenal are not.

What on Earth are you talking about?

They're clearly not "shite" at all. They were unlucky to lose to us earlier in the season and by all accounts they did well at the Etihad the other day.

I've seen them a few times on TV this season and i've always been impressed.

It will be a tough game tonight.

Humility is under-rated.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Are you talking about Manchester United? If so, I agree.

Are you talking about Sheffield United? The manager has taken them from League One perhaps 3 or 4 years ago to the Premier League. Bournemouth are in the relegation zone. Sheffield United are not. Sheffield United are 2 points behind Manchester United. Arsenal are not.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Two points behind a really shite United side, this does not make them a good team at all. 

You're just proving my point by talking about how far theyve come.  That's a nice wee story and well done to them but they're obviously not a good team, or else being two points behind United wouldn't be called a success story. 

Good by their standards, sure. 

Good team, that's just being silly.   Another premier League myth like Burnley and palace being hard to beat.   Thankfully long gone are the days where we drop points to utter shite like this and come out with guff about them being good, hard to beat etc. 

• Downvote 1

Had we played and won our game in hand, we’d have double the amount of points they do.

In fairness that is a lot more to do with how ridiculous our form has been to this point than any reflection on them, and in one off games we’ve seen all season long how teams like these can be competitive and cause us problems.

53 minutes ago, Code said:

We had more than 70% possession in the away game. It could be a frustrating night, but I hope for an early goal.

We have had a fortunate Christmas schedule, I think we will go strong here tonight. Not really many options either way.

Think we have 13 outfield players and the 3 kids Klopp was saying.

So Milner and or Keita could come in and maybe Origi for one of front 3 but that is literally it.