You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield United (H) Premier League 2/1/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
21 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Not been mentioned much but I thought Gini absolutely bossed it tonight.

He was excellent, Mr Duracell. 

Don’t know how many times Hendo nipped in to take the ball off a Sheffield United player, but it seemed like every time they had it. He absolutely bossed that midfield with Gini today.

He has really grown into a player that is worthy of lifting the prem trophy for us after this long, long wait. Love the guy, hope to see his tippy tappy celebration many more times before he calls it a day.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Don’t know how many times Hendo nipped in to take the ball off a Sheffield United player, but it seemed like every time they had it. He absolutely bossed that midfield with Gini today.

He has really grown into a player that is worthy of lifting the prem trophy for us after this long, long wait. Love the guy, hope to see his tippy tappy celebration many more times before he calls it a day.

Yeah but he's no Clint Dempsey lol!!! Brendan fucking Rodgers

• Downvote 1

Took my lad to his first ever game at Anfield. Absolutely amazing night seeing his face light up at the whole experience.

Hoped we’d get a result but never thought we’d be treated to a performance that controlled.

Good times.

• Upvote 18

We absolutely dominated and controlled that game for 90 minutes. Assured and confident performances all round, with the added bonus of not having to break a sweat or risk injury in doing it.

Sheffield United have been great this season - set up to be compact and press teams, but I was disappointed in them last night. They were beaten when they stepped on the pitch. Hardly a tackle attempted or group press in sight aside from the first and last 5 minutes. They were like rabbits in the headlights and contributed to the game being played like a training session. They kept their shape well, but the attitude wasn’t there. That obviously has to do with how good we are now, but as much as I enjoyed listening to Wilder’s interview, I’d be fuming if I’d just watch them play like that at City, seemingly concede defeat without attempting to put effort in and then he started sucking them off afterwards.

Anyway, back to us - we are absolutely amazing. Loved Hendo and Virg’s comments after the game too. Great set of lads we watch now.

41 minutes ago, belarus said:

We absolutely dominated and controlled that game for 90 minutes. Assured and confident performances all round, with the added bonus of not having to break a sweat or risk injury in doing it.

Sheffield United have been great this season - set up to be compact and press teams, but I was disappointed in them last night. They were beaten when they stepped on the pitch. Hardly a tackle attempted or group press in sight aside from the first and last 5 minutes. They were like rabbits in the headlights and contributed to the game being played like a training session. They kept their shape well, but the attitude wasn’t there. That obviously has to do with how good we are now, but as much as I enjoyed listening to Wilder’s interview, I’d be fuming if I’d just watch them play like that at City, seemingly concede defeat without attempting to put effort in and then he started sucking them off afterwards.

Anyway, back to us - we are absolutely amazing. Loved Hendo and Virg’s comments after the game too. Great set of lads we watch now.

The fear factor is here to stay boys! 

Thank you Caramac.

Any chance of a gif of Trent's switch to Andy just in front of our box early in the game please?  A cross field pass right across/through our back line. It looked outrageous.  Almost like a quick stab that just arrowed to Andy.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Caramac said:

Holy Shit. That was quick.  Thank you kindly Caramac.

That makes even less sense having watched it a dozen times. The audacity to try it is one thing,  but then to pull it off is on another planet.  Skill vs Application or Theory vs Execution I guess. 

My point is that Klopp has instilled a level of trust,  confidence and arrogance in the boys that is just helping them grow to new heights. Plus the hard work demanded,  expected and put in during training.

I want Klopp as my boss, my mentor, my dad.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It's frightening to think the players need to get to the first week in February for them to have a break and a bit of recuperation.

Pretty sure a lot of them will be getting the next 10 days off