Sign in to follow this  
Shooter in the Motor

Playstation 5

13 minutes ago, redheart said:

Anyone know where I can get a PS 5 disc console from?

I installed hotstock on my phone to get a digital ps5. Ended up buying one on ebay for about £75 over the rrp. Good app though, tells you when online stores have them in stock. 

1 hour ago, redheart said:

And is the PS5 as good as they say?

Not really. The controller is ace but because of the lack of ps5 games and it only being a year old it's just a souped up ps4. I wouldn't be in a rush to get one if you're not that arsed.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I want one now, can't find any though. Bad time to get one with Christmas.

There was a release of stock yesterday or Monday. Get the Hotstock app and create an alert for the PS5. It'll beep you when there are some in stock and where.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

There was a release of stock yesterday or Monday. Get the Hotstock app and create an alert for the PS5. It'll beep you when there are some in stock and where.

Nice one. Will do.

• Upvote 1

Loads of stock were released today. If you've got BT you can order one as well (Go into your account and scroll down to get offers and there's be a code to use" 

Despite me saying I wouldn't be in a rush to get one as there's not many games, the loading times do make it a way more enjoyable experience to play older games but I guess as new games start pushing the system they might come back.

My missus got me the xbox x for Christmas, the ps5 just feels like a better piece of kit even though technically it may not be. The xbox has gamepass, can play dolby vision/atmos and has 1tb storage yet the ps5 just feels better especially the controller.

On 24/12/2021 at 00:15, Scooby Dudek said:

Seems to be lots available for pre-order for end of January from game;

https://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-5?sortBy=PRICE_DESC&inStockOnly=false

Nice one.

Just ordered one with that Spiderman Game, couldn't get a standard PS5 without it being bundled with something. My 5 year old son will love it though, that's my excuse anyway.

19 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

For me, PS5 has the better controller, but Xbox has quick resume, which is an absolutely fantastic feature.

I honestly don't notice that much difference with the quick resume its quicker but not hugely so. I think its more about the games for me and playstations exclusives are amazing. Forza 5 is decent though.

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I honestly don't notice that much difference with the quick resume its quicker but not hugely so. I think its more about the games for me and playstations exclusives are amazing. Forza 5 is decent though.

It's less the speed, and more the fact it puts you back exactly where you were - as if it were paused - and does so for multiple games at a time. It makes switching games so easy, particularly if they're downloaded titles.

I favour the PS exclusives too, mind, but quick resume has changed how I play.

I don't bother with Halo/Gears, find them overrated but in the future with Elder Scrolls etc then the better exclusives will swing in the favour of Xbox.

I bought the PS5 and Xbox One X for my brothers to give to their family but as it said they wouldn't be delivered in time (Ended up coming Christmas Eve) they ended up buying them something different. I'm going to keep one but not sure which yet.

Xbox controller is levels above the playstation but that's as far as preference goes so will have a think over the next few days.