You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

13 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Not sure about gaming headsets, but you can use any headphones with an audio jack now, plugged straight into the controller. I'm planning to add an in-line mic to some Sennheisers rather than buy a specific gaming headset this gen.

Didn't know that, that's good to know. Thanks.

Got to say, I’ve not had a PS since a PS2 and normally stick to the Nintendo’s, but I am now fully converted to a PS Fan Boy.

Loved being able to download some of the old classic PS4 games - Batman, Uncharted, Horizon, Gods Of War, Red Dead Redemption, … all brilliant.

Also loved the PS5 games I’ve bought, although they’ve all seemed relatively short - Spider-Man, Ratchett & Clank & Ghost Of Tsushima (realise that was a PS4 game and it wasn’t as short as the other 2). 

Got Assassins Creed Valhalla coming today and ordered Horzion 2 for next month.

Do look the like of Elders Ring. I normally only go for 1 game at a time, finish it and sell, so I’ll likely go for that after Horizon. 

I do think all the games seem a bit samey though - gain experience points, get better weapons, become tougher etc etc. 

Not sure the point in re-releasing the Uncharted package when it was free in the PlayStation Plus store. I’d have likely bought that if I hadn’t finished the free version. 

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Just play Bloodstained 

Bloodstained is boss. 

Sony have said there are more acquisitions to come. Konami and Sega would be interesting... 

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

One of my games of the generation that is. 

Still want a proper 2D sprite based Castlevania though. The IP Konami are just sitting on is mad.

They are primed to be bought out as their video games department has been in restructure since January 2021 and is still not fully functional. 

Bungie are not very good at being taken over or working with others. Apparently they got pissed off at Microsoft and wanted to go their own way, then they signed a ten year publishing deal with Activision that they bought themselves out of after eight years. Now pairing up with Sony. They're remaining independent effectively and destiny 2 generates $350m per year so it's an odd purchase from Sony financially. It must be about expertise in FPS genre and they do have an IP in development so that must be showing a lot of promise to justify $3.6b purchase price. 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

I was being serious. Damn, I like Halo but always buy PlayStation over Xbox.

Maybe they come up with a Halo-esque shooter next and release it on PS5. Halo Infinite is blooming great though.

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Still not really seeing the value here for Sony. Based on IP alone, they're not getting much. No exclusivity either. So, it's leaning heavily on the expertise Bungie have with live service games?

I wrote a bit about my views on the deal here. 

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/sony-keeping-bungie-open-is-genius-and-paints-xbox-as-the-bad-guy-4206448

Tl;dr? Sony’s first act as custodian of Bungie was to promise Destiny 2 and all future games will be open for all gamers. It’s the perfect strategy to counter Microsoft’s hoarding approach and it makes Microsoft seem like assholes.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

I wrote a bit about my views on the deal here. 

Tl;dr? Sony’s first act as custodian of Bungie was to promise Destiny 2 and all future games will be open for all gamers. It’s the perfect strategy to counter Microsoft’s hoarding approach and it makes Microsoft seem like assholes.

It's a good look for them, no doubt, but I'm not sure consumers really care about companies being arseholes. The vast majority just want to know what games are on the system, and this deal doesn't change anything there.

I wonder if this will tie in with Sony's answer to Game Pass somehow.

9 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's a good look for them, no doubt, but I'm not sure consumers really care about companies being arseholes. The vast majority just want to know what games are on the system, and this deal doesn't change anything there.

I wonder if this will tie in with Sony's answer to Game Pass somehow.

Absolutely true, but when they see Microsoft pulling their favourite games away from the system they've always played them on, they may care then.

On 27/01/2022 at 10:54, Scott_M said:

Got to say, I’ve not had a PS since a PS2 and normally stick to the Nintendo’s, but I am now fully converted to a PS Fan Boy.

Loved being able to download some of the old classic PS4 games - Batman, Uncharted, Horizon, Gods Of War, Red Dead Redemption, … all brilliant.

Woah there, Cowboy. You told me you thought Red Dead was shite. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Woah there, Cowboy. You told me you thought Red Dead was shite. 

I did not. I think I’d just come off the back of Uncharted and Gods Of War and I said I didn’t think it was any better than either of those. 

• 2 weeks later...