You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

2 hours ago, Welsh said:

I don't bother with Halo/Gears, find them overrated but in the future with Elder Scrolls etc then the better exclusives will swing in the favour of Xbox.

I bought the PS5 and Xbox One X for my brothers to give to their family but as it said they wouldn't be delivered in time (Ended up coming Christmas Eve) they ended up buying them something different. I'm going to keep one but not sure which yet.

Xbox controller is levels above the playstation but that's as far as preference goes so will have a think over the next few days.

I think the ps5 controller is far better, the haptic feedback is insanely good.

On 27/12/2021 at 16:35, Bobby Hundreds said:

Sorry, poor writing from me there. 

I've not used the new PS5 or Xbox One X controller as both consoles are still in the boxes. I've always found the xbox controller to be a much comfier and better layout but have heard good things about the haptic.

On 27/12/2021 at 16:35, Bobby Hundreds said:

And creating a small game like Astros to show it off was a very good move also. The controller itself is a bit bigger than the PS4 controller, so looks like Sony knows there was a problem with the size of it. Personally I think the Xbox controllers are a tad too big, the PS5 controller I like size wise. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Elite said:

Pre-ordered Elden Ring, looks incredible.

I think I have too. if I recall at £39.85 on an early preorder. What price did you pay?

54 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Seriously tempted to do the same, but I seem to curse every game I preorder. Last one was Cyberpunk...

Elden Ring's had a whole network test a little while back and looked great, like a finished game. Was only a small chunk of the world though, but seems a safer bet than Cyberpunk was.

Just now, Pidge said:

Elden Ring's had a whole network test a little while back and looked great, like a finished game. Was only a small chunk of the world though, but seems a safer bet than Cyberpunk was.

True. No stories coming out about desperate crunch to meet release date either. Seems they've taken an "It's ready when it's ready" approach.

I'm really liking what I've seen of Elden Ring, I guess I'm just holding off in case the difficulty is absurd. I really wanted to get Returnal, but it sounds brutal.

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

True. No stories coming out about desperate crunch to meet release date either. Seems they've taken an "It's ready when it's ready" approach.

I'm really liking what I've seen of Elden Ring, I guess I'm just holding off in case the difficulty is absurd. I really wanted to get Returnal, but it sounds brutal.

I stopped playing returnal it completely wrecked my head. Not my type of game in reality it was my own fault buying it, the same as doom eternal  hate those type of games bought it anyway and hated it.

48 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I stopped playing returnal it completely wrecked my head. Not my type of game in reality it was my own fault buying it, the same as doom eternal  hate those type of games bought it anyway and hated it.

This is my fear with Elden Ring. I tried Demon's Souls back when it first came out on PS3; got past the first boss and thought "not for me". The open world of Elden Ring is what's really luring me in though. I like the ability to hit a wall somewhere, and decide to head off elsewhere, explore, grind, level up etc. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

This is my fear with Elden Ring. I tried Demon's Souls back when it first came out on PS3; got past the first boss and thought "not for me". The open world of Elden Ring is what's really luring me in though. I like the ability to hit a wall somewhere, and decide to head off elsewhere, explore, grind, level up etc. 

I don't think it will be as challenging as the souls games, I think Elden Ring will be much more accessable to most ability levels.

It would impossible to play if every enemy in the world is harder than a coffin nail.

10 hours ago, Elite said:

I don't think it will be as challenging as the souls games, I think Elden Ring will be much more accessable to most ability levels.

It would impossible to play if every enemy in the world is harder than a coffin nail.

The impression I'm getting is being open world, you can pick and choose where you go so can take on the challenges you feel ready for. The souls games put you in a position where you must defeat the current enemy to reach the standard you require to defeat the enemy. Souls games are a cross between rogue-lite (levelling up) and metroidvania (close off progress until succes is attained) with a sprinking of RPG. Elden Ring looks much more RPG heavy, along the lines of The Witcher.

9 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The impression I'm getting is being open world, you can pick and choose where you go so can take on the challenges you feel ready for. The souls games put you in a position where you must defeat the current enemy to reach the standard you require to defeat the enemy. Souls games are a cross between rogue-lite (levelling up) and metroidvania (close off progress until succes is attained) with a sprinking of RPG. Elden Ring looks much more RPG heavy, along the lines of The Witcher.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Finger's itching over the pre-order now. Just not sure whether to go PS5 or XSX. I take it you fellas will be PS5 given this is the thread?

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Finger's itching over the pre-order now. Just not sure whether to go PS5 or XSX. I take it you fellas will be PS5 given this is the thread?

Good point, I went for Xbox Series. PS5 was same prie when I pre-ordered but I balance out purchases on both. I suspect given the nature of the game if it's got MMO elements it will be cross-platform.

35 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Good point, I went for Xbox Series. PS5 was same prie when I pre-ordered but I balance out purchases on both. I suspect given the nature of the game if it's got MMO elements it will be cross-platform.

Might do the same. Quick resume is something I'll be using a fair bit of with Elden Ring. It's nice to dip in and out when games can be frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got one too. Any recommendations for a good headset?

I have the Turtle Beach px5's for years, since I had a ps3 in fact. They worked on the ps4, but probably won't on the ps5.

Looking forward to spending a bit of time on the ps5 at the weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

Just got one too. Any recommendations for a good headset?

I have the Turtle Beach px5's for years, since I had a ps3 in fact. They worked on the ps4, but probably won't on the ps5.

Looking forward to spending a bit of time on the ps5 at the weekend. 

Not sure about gaming headsets, but you can use any headphones with an audio jack now, plugged straight into the controller. I'm planning to add an in-line mic to some Sennheisers rather than buy a specific gaming headset this gen.