You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, redheart said:

Anyone know where I can get a PS 5 disc console from?

I installed hotstock on my phone to get a digital ps5. Ended up buying one on ebay for about £75 over the rrp. Good app though, tells you when online stores have them in stock. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2021 at 00:15, Scooby Dudek said:

Seems to be lots available for pre-order for end of January from game;

https://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-5?sortBy=PRICE_DESC&inStockOnly=false

Nice one.

Just ordered one with that Spiderman Game, couldn't get a standard PS5 without it being bundled with something. My 5 year old son will love it though, that's my excuse anyway.

19 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

For me, PS5 has the better controller, but Xbox has quick resume, which is an absolutely fantastic feature.

I honestly don't notice that much difference with the quick resume its quicker but not hugely so. I think its more about the games for me and playstations exclusives are amazing. Forza 5 is decent though.

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I honestly don't notice that much difference with the quick resume its quicker but not hugely so. I think its more about the games for me and playstations exclusives are amazing. Forza 5 is decent though.

It's less the speed, and more the fact it puts you back exactly where you were - as if it were paused - and does so for multiple games at a time. It makes switching games so easy, particularly if they're downloaded titles.

I favour the PS exclusives too, mind, but quick resume has changed how I play.

I don't bother with Halo/Gears, find them overrated but in the future with Elder Scrolls etc then the better exclusives will swing in the favour of Xbox.

I bought the PS5 and Xbox One X for my brothers to give to their family but as it said they wouldn't be delivered in time (Ended up coming Christmas Eve) they ended up buying them something different. I'm going to keep one but not sure which yet.

Xbox controller is levels above the playstation but that's as far as preference goes so will have a think over the next few days.