You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

31 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Cheers, so not much. 

I never normally buy a console when they first come but originally Cyberpunk looked liked changing that. 

I think I will wait a year or two, still got some PS4 games I haven't played yet.

Yeah, I think Demon's Souls Hitman 3 and Miles Morales are more graphical showcases whilst a few of the old PS4 have had a frame rate increase. Think by the sounds of it Ratchet will be the first one that really starts to take advantage of the new gen and the SSD.

8 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Fancy a new game but not sure whether to get that or Returnal.

Wait for ratchet and clank. Mind you, I'm hoping to pick up resi in tesco for £40.

• 1 month later...

I entered a Curry’s draw for a PS5 a bit ago. Basically, you enter a raffle and every time they get stocked, if you’re successful, they’ll email you and you have 3 days to secure your order in store. 

Anyway, I got an email yesterday saying I was successful. I wasn’t sure if I wanted it (well I do but I don’t) but I went for it. £500 for a disc version and Ratchett & Clank, which although has good reviews, I’ve immediately put on eBay. 

So…..where is a good place to start with a game? I like the look of Spider-Man. 

There really isn't that much choice. It's why i never understand the huge rush to get one straight away, I've only got one because my missus bought me it. I've mostly played ps4 games, doing mass effect legendary edition now which I genuinely love. 

Spiderman was okay just very samey and short.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There really isn't that much choice. It's why i never understand the huge rush to get one straight away, I've only got one because my missus bought me it. I've mostly played ps4 games, doing mass effect legendary edition now which I genuinely love. 

Spiderman was okay just very samey and short.

What’s the deal with the PS Store? If you subscribe, can you play selected PS4 games covered under your subscription?

If so, are the Batman games included?

I am looking forward to a non-Switch FIFA in October. 

I’ve not had a PS since the PS2 really. I briefly had a PS3 but didn’t like so sold it. I get my PS5 in a couple of weeks.

44 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What’s the deal with the PS Store? If you subscribe, can you play selected PS4 games covered under your subscription?

If so, are the Batman games included?

I am looking forward to a non-Switch FIFA in October. 

I’ve not had a PS since the PS2 really. I briefly had a PS3 but didn’t like so sold it. I get my PS5 in a couple of weeks.

There are 2 subscriptions available for PlayStation.

The first is the main subscription - PlayStation Plus

PS Plus allows you to play online multiplayer titles that require paid subscription. There are other benefits, including free games each month, as well as exclusive discounts. See the link above for full official confirmation.

As a PS5 owner, you will have access to the PS Plus Collection which gives you the following PS4 games for free. You can add them to your library to download and play whenever you like while your PS Plus sub is active:

Bloodborne

Days Gone

Detroit: Become Human

God of War

Infamous Second Son

Ratchet and Clank 

The Last Guardian

The Last of Us Remastered

Until Dawn

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Batman: Arkham Knight

Battlefield 1

Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Fallout 4

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition

Monster Hunter: World

Mortal Kombat X

Persona 5

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

There are free-to-play online multiplayer games that you can play without needing PS Plus - The Battle Royale portion of Fortnite as an example is completely free-to-play online.

If online FIFA is your bag, then you will need a PS Plus membership.

The second subscription is PlayStation Now

PS Now is PlayStation's cloud gaming service, allowing you to play a multitude of titles from the PS Now library. Games are streamed from the cloud to PS4, PS5 or PC. You can also download older PlayStation titles from PS2/PS3 to play locally on PS4 or PS5. Full details in the link above.

PS Plus will cost you £49.99 per year through official channels, though you can normally get it a little cheaper from sites such as CDKeys. There are also plenty of discounted deals to be had throughout the year. Sony pushes these out to retailers like Amazon for example.

PS Now will also cost you £49.99 per year through official channels. Again, sites like CDKeys will usually provide a small discount, and again, Sony tends to kick out discount deals through the course of the year to try and lure people in.

There are trials available for each of the services - 14 days for PS Plus and 7 days for PS Now.

I would suggest getting a PS Plus membership from CDKeys in the first instance - here, and then sign up to the 7 day trial for PS Now when you have time to get stuck into a game, just so you can experience the service before committing to an annual subscription. (No point starting the trial when you know you're not going to have time to play anything - Also, double-check the game you want to play is active in the PS Now library).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I entered a Curry’s draw for a PS5 a bit ago. Basically, you enter a raffle and every time they get stocked, if you’re successful, they’ll email you and you have 3 days to secure your order in store. 

Anyway, I got an email yesterday saying I was successful. I wasn’t sure if I wanted it (well I do but I don’t) but I went for it. £500 for a disc version and Ratchett & Clank, which although has good reviews, I’ve immediately put on eBay. 

So…..where is a good place to start with a game? I like the look of Spider-Man. 

At the moment it's more about the upgraded versions of PS4 games. God of War, Last of Us 2 and Zero Horizon are all great upgrades. Dedicated PS5 games are few and far between, Returnal is probably the most significant original release so far. Housemarque made some brilliant titles on PS4, not played this one though.

• 2 weeks later...

Liking it so far.

Grabted, I’ve only played Rogue Squadron for about 30 mins and done about 10% of Batman, but it’s a smart piece of kit.

Also got Uncharted 4 & Last Of Us but not played them yet, I like playing a game to the finish and then moving on.

I was excited to see Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PlayStation Now but I subscribed to the Plus.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Game have stock right now. 

Well, they put me in a queue but all gone by the time I got there.

Next time look at the bundles. The console only ones are never in. Game are purposely getting people to buy bundles.

Also, just get the Hotstock app and set up an alert for the console. Any time it comes up for sale you'll get alerted 

• 3 weeks later...