You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

15 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Had LG’s and was never impressed. Samsung’s round this house and they’re all quality 

Depends on the model you get and what it's used for. The LG CX is the top rated TV for hooking up to consoles in the majority of TVs tested. The Samsung UE55TU8000 is £1,000 cheaper so as a budget option it's well placed as an alternative. If price is important, Samsung is a great pick.

30 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I’ve just gave him it and he was made up. 

Ive been making him out to the wife as if he was some some shoeless urchin from the streets of Cairo who deserved a bit of good fortune and it wasn’t going down well seeing as though we all live together and then he came home from college today to tell us he’d got a job. 

Mother Hubbard was still saying no and that is was for Xmas but I couldn’t bare the tension when he said he’d bought the new cod with his own dough and that was it.

He then revealed that none of the decent games are out for it till next month which wasnt good to hear like 

I just picked up the Elite Controller 2 with plans to use it with series x. It really is something special so if you're looking for a Xmas present for your son this could be the way to go.

You can probably get the Elite Controller 1 at a lower price and that's superior to the standard controller.

46 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Apparently it’s exactly the same as the old one. Wish I’d have listened to the Mrs now. 

They essentially are, for now. The games that use the improved tech and graphics etc aren’t really out yet.

One thing he should notice though is faster loading times.

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

Nope, just don't have or ever will have kids. Hearing what my mates pend on their sprogs makes my eyes water.

This. I also gave up smoking fifteen years ago and the amount of money I saved when giving up smoking was extraordinary. PS5 + Series X has probably cost the same as 5-10 cigarettes a day for a year.

17 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I just picked up the Elite Controller 2 with plans to use it with series x. It really is something special so if you're looking for a Xmas present for your son this could be the way to go.

You can probably get the Elite Controller 1 at a lower price and that's superior to the standard controller.

Should have come straight to me, I'd have sorted you those controls for you.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Should have come straight to me, I'd have sorted you those controls for you.

Don't worry, you'll be the first person to know when I've started using it as you'll start shooting at aliens and driving way above the speed limit swerving into walls.

On 12/11/2020 at 13:17, Juniper said:

Christ, some of you must be minted. 

New consoles, new TVs. My word I’m jealous (and skint)

Mate I bought a PS3 last year for £35 with three controllers and ten games. The games still look great to me! GTAV is a blast - it may not look like the PS4 version but I don't know any better so it looks good to me. 

I've never really gone along with the console arms race. Although I did buy a Switch a few months into its life - but that was the first 'new' console I'd bought since the Wii - and even the Wii had been out about a year when I bought it. Also I had a load of vouchers when I bought them so I wasnt paying out my own money, as it were.

I've had computers since 1986 - I prefer my kids though! 

On 13/11/2020 at 16:56, Elite said:

Without kids you can buy all the fancy stuff for yourself.

With kids you have to buy it all for them instead. 

This.

My lad’s getting the PS5 for Crimbo which means I get to have the PS4 downstairs.

And that is a result haha.

• Upvote 2

I've just recently jail broke my ps3 slim, loaded and external HDD with games and and still using it. I've just completed COD ghosts and it still looks great on the ps3. 

Seems to be quite a bit of worrying reports out there that the ps5 is having issues with system crashes and database rebuilds. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dynamite said:

My PS5 has arrived - It's big, but beautiful.

Just finishing initial setup now.

It is big, but the box it cam in makes it seem like it's going to be way bigger. 

I'll get it set up over the weekend. Series x is loaded up and ready to roll. 

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Mine is set-up now. Only issue now is that I need a PS5 game.

Yep that's why I'm in no hurry to set it up. Ps4 games will have improved massively though so worth trying a couple out. 

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

You have Astro's Playroom

54 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Yep that's why I'm in no hurry to set it up. Ps4 games will have improved massively though so worth trying a couple out. 

I think Witcher 3 has a patch for PS5. I'll give that a go. 

Sigh – got my digital edition yesterday, and will need to return it as it's clearly suffering from the coil whine issue which seems to be pretty prevalent. The machine was utterly silent during initial setup (including while downloading games), it was incredibly impressive. But as soon as I loaded Astro's Playroom the noise started, and it now won't go away. The stupid thing is it's still the quietest console I've had since the Gamecube, it's just not as quiet as it should be.

2 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

Sigh – got my digital edition yesterday, and will need to return it as it's clearly suffering from the coil whine issue which seems to be pretty prevalent. The machine was utterly silent during initial setup (including while downloading games), it was incredibly impressive. But as soon as I loaded Astro's Playroom the noise started, and it now won't go away. The stupid thing is it's still the quietest console I've had since the Gamecube, it's just not as quiet as it should be.

I was reading that PC gamers have the same issue. Not sure how true that is as I don't have a PC but I think it might be something we have to accept with a high end graphics card.

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

I was reading that PC gamers have the same issue. Not sure how true that is as I don't have a PC but I think it might be something we have to accept with a high end graphics card.

Yeah, I read that too. But not everyone is having the issue, most people are finding it whisper quiet unless the console is doing something particularly intensive, whereas mine is making the noise the whole time.

It's stupid but if this was the noise it was supposed to make I'd not be particularly disappointed as it's nothing compared to my PS4 pro, but it's definitely louder than it's meant to be.