You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

The X never appeared on the Game site at all.

I'll pick one up for my brother in time, he'll just have to wait a bit longer.

The pre-ordering has been a disaster from both PlayStation & Xbox, and as you say, you then have those cunts buying up and trying to sell at ridiculous prices on Ebay - Every single account that is selling above rrp for something that is yet to be released should be shutdown and insta-banned.

6 minutes ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

Apparently Amazon can't fulfil their pre-orders.  

I've seen a number of Tweets from the IGN account saying this, but as far as I can tell, it's just the States (Amazon.com) that are having these delays/problems, at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

No need to get the Series X, just get the S. 

Almost identical specs in terms of actual performance on a 4k telly. 

I don't think it is, the specs are definitely lower.

25 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Dunno, noticeable?  Have read a few reviews now and the only drawback is the SDD space, but it's plenty for me 

If you have a 4K TV, the Series X is the place to go. Although not a huge difference in numbers (3.8GHz on X compared to 3.6GHz on S, 16GB RAM on X, 10GB RAM on S) it's the GPU where the real differences are - the X boasts 52 Compute Units running at 1.823GHz compared to 20 Compute Units running at 1.565GHz.

In other words, 4K HDR on the X is a doddle. On the S, it will struggle badly. If you have an older TV set that's not 4K, you're not going to use the X's grunt.