You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

On 18/09/2020 at 08:15, Stouffer said:

Not been able to pre order anywhere, Argos sold out in under two minutes. 

There's been a few reports of Argos over selling it and loads being cancelled. Currys too. I managed to get one from Amazon and all looks good at the moment in terms of fulfilment.

I think when bundles start being released you'll see the availability of the standalone console becoming more readily available as people will cancel their current orders for a more competitive bundle option if they can get hold of them.

8 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

There's been a few reports of Argos over selling it and loads being cancelled. Currys too. I managed to get one from Amazon and all looks good at the moment in terms of fulfilment.

I think when bundles start being released you'll see the availability of the standalone console becoming more readily available as people will cancel their current orders for a more competitive bundle option if they can get hold of them.

Never thought about that with the bundles.

I'm sure ill be able to get a couple before chrimbo.

On 17/09/2020 at 19:18, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Felt a bit underwhelmed by the showing. Like with the Series S/X, it doesn't feel like a generational leap with so many cross-gen games.

The only thing tempting me is the speed of loading from an SSD, but for the sake of £450 I'll just look at my phone for the odd 30 seconds.

Hopefully by the time I clear my backlog there'll be a genuine exclusive on there that's worth getting.

You can probably upgrade a ps4 and xbox one to SSD. Certainly ps4 should be easy enough but I don't know how much improvement it offers on previous gen. 

I'm daft as I've always been into tech and have preordered both. What a tit. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Its massive. Like a pc tower almost.

From what I've read, the size is almost exclusively to stop the noise that you hear from the fan in the PS4 (which is ridiculously loud).

Guess we'll find out about that in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Jedd Drudge said:

That's some daft 800gb version, you can set the website up to mail you if any consoles become available. 

That's the only version of the standard PS5 available at the moment.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

£2499 at curry's!

Not a clue how or why they've priced it that high - The digital version is listed at £2359 too.

1 hour ago, Dynamite said:

Not a clue how or why they've priced it that high - The digital version is listed at £2359 too.

I think they've done it to stop scalpers. A bit strange, did it with the Xbox too.

On 02/11/2020 at 17:19, Dynamite said:

If you did priority pre-ordrer from them you are given a discount code which you use to knock £2k off price and you can only order if you have the discount code. It is so people can not skip the cue whilst allowing pre-orders to complete purchase.

Article about it: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ps5-consoles-are-being-sold-on-currys-for-pound2449-and-theres-of-course-a-catch

48 minutes ago, i5x said:

If you did priority pre-ordrer from them you are given a discount code which you use to knock £2k off price and you can only order if you have the discount code. It is so people can not skip the cue whilst allowing pre-orders to complete purchase.

Article about it: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ps5-consoles-are-being-sold-on-currys-for-pound2449-and-theres-of-course-a-catch

Thanks. A different approach...

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Anyone know when both the Ps5 and Xbox are expected to be available to those without preorders 

Don't fancy paying £600 online. 

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

Keep checking those.  

The Series-S was available yesterday via Microsoft.  Unsure if that is still the case.  

• Like 1