You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

Had mine hacked last month. Cheeky bastards downloaded 2 games within 10 minutes of me getting a notification. Phoned Sony and they refunded one and put credit on my account for the other for some reason. Said there had been two new PS4's linked to my account the previous day. They managed to download the games using PayPal as the wallet. I've cancelled PayPal as a payment source now so hopefully that puts an end to it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skend04 said:

It's been confirmed as £249. I think the visuals are going to be where the difference is between that and the Series X. 

That's a really aggressive price point. I've heard that the specs will be lower but still superior to the Xbox One X. Xbox Series X seems to have leaked at $499 so presumaly will be about £449. Very competitive pricing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2020 at 21:51, Fluter in Dakota said:

I would be really surprised if they went to that price for it. Sony will want to sell as many as possible and will definitely NOT want a repeat of what happened with the PS3 and XBOX 360.

I'm expecting £450-£500 to lay down the gauntlet to Microsoft.

oof

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

Will there be price competition on digital games or basically a fixed price?

No idea what the score will be with PS5 but I routinely find that the PS store pricing is generally higher for digital than you can buy the disc version with PS4 games.

The price of games is getting absolutely ridiculous in general at launch and then half the time it's micro transaction and DLC expected on top for what more often than not is basically a database update in the case of the EA sports games for instance and then you also have PS+ and Xbox Live fees on top. 

They're really starting to take the piss even more now. 

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

Will there be price competition on digital games or basically a fixed price?

Nintendo have just banned anyone from selling codes to digital games so the only place you can now get digital games is their e-Shop. As a result, physical games get a discount on many gaming websites.

Pros of digital - play on more than than one console, indie titles, space restrictions.

Cons of digital - lack of sell-on, digital content COULD disappear, lack of ownership.

Much better to have the option of both.

Initial pre-orders on Amazon have now sold out.

There's been no links to the digital version on Amazon that I'm aware of, so perhaps they'll release new pre-orders later in the day.

Argos are due to start their pre-orders tomorrow. Currys & ShopTo supposedly starting "soon"...

I watched the presentation last night, although I thought it looked pretty good, there was nothing that made me massively want one.

With Mario 3D All Stars, a new Zelda game, a new Mario Katy and another Mario game coming out all before Q2’21, I’ll stick with my Switch and see what’s on the horizon after that. 

I've never been an early adopter but I bit the bullet earlier today. I suppose there's still loads on the PS4 that I've yet to get through but I've spent very little the last few months apart from just bills and gone out only a handful of times whilst still working that I thought I'd treat myself.

20 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I've never been an early adopter but I bit the bullet earlier today. I suppose there's still loads on the PS4 that I've yet to get through but I've spent very little the last few months apart from just bills and gone out only a handful of times whilst still working that I thought I'd treat myself.

With PS Plus you'll be able to play them on PS5. I've pre-ordered on amazon. Rude not to.

7 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I ordered one off Smyths last night. My son would be gutted if he doesn't have one of these at Christmas. We don't have a PS4 and I've been putting him off until this came out so felt a bit of pressure to nab one. Games are bloody expensive. 

It looks a great buy if you don't have a PS4. Most of the best PS4 games are going to be on PS Plus when it releases so you'll have all of them to play before all the really good PS5 games are out. 

Felt a bit underwhelmed by the showing. Like with the Series S/X, it doesn't feel like a generational leap with so many cross-gen games.

The only thing tempting me is the speed of loading from an SSD, but for the sake of £450 I'll just look at my phone for the odd 30 seconds.

Hopefully by the time I clear my backlog there'll be a genuine exclusive on there that's worth getting.