You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup

El Rojo

25 minutes ago, suzy said:

Would be great to have a cup run again but the League has to be our priority. Really want to beat Everton though and see who we draw next. Basically I never want us to lose but I’ll be over it by the next day if we do!

Yes, this. I think a defeat would hurt but would be for the best really, if I’m honest. I’ll be hoping we win when it starts though.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes. Did you think that when Watford rocked up with Pearson as manager before and after that game?

Pearson is 10 times the manager The Chosen One is. When Leicester were newly-promoted, with Pearson in charge, we scraped a dodgy, undeserved draw at Anfield. It's more than Moyes has managed for a very long time.

• Upvote 1

Klopp has said none of our injured players will be back in January. The run of fixtures since late November up to this fixture has to mean none of the regular back 4 can play. By skipping this they get a weeks rest into the legs, if they play then we're basically flogging them for 8 weeks when we don't need to.  Would anyone take a 6 week hammy injury for one of those in exchange for beating Everton? 

The rotation Klopp used so far together with the week off this would give them keeps them fresh right the way through to May. The position we have put our selves in will allow us to focus on the CL in the same way we did in April 2018. Our opponents at that stage (if we're still in it) will most likely be in a position to do that as well unless their English.

The reality is we would be fielding a reserve team against anyone other than Everton and possibly the Manchester clubs, with eyes on the bigger prizes should we really change plans just to increase the changes of beating a bunch of small timers? Stick out a team along the lines of this and give it a bash.

Alison 

Williams Hoever Phillips Milner

Lalanna Henderson Shaq

Elliot Bobby Origi

Have Mo and Sadio on the bench if required.

The reality of our league position is that we will almost certainly drop points in January and February  - but that would still leave us comfortably clear at the top.

By all means, rotate the squad, as we did in December - but don't ever consider shitting out of a competition like the FA Cup and especially not against those nobheads.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Klopp is going to be committed to this at all, and it won't bother him a bit if we go out. He was giving out not long back about if we draw in the next round, the replay would be played during the Premier League's supposed new mid-winter break.

I think he'll put out a mixture of a couple of regulars, some of our experienced back-up players and a few of the young lads, and still think we can still give Everton a game.

Adrian

Neco Williams

Nat Phillips

Gomez

Robbo

Milner

Curtis Jones

Keita

Harvey Elliott

Origi

Shaqiri/Mané

17 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Pearson is 10 times the manager The Chosen One is. When Leicester were newly-promoted, with Pearson in charge, we scraped a dodgy, undeserved draw at Anfield. It's more than Moyes has managed for a very long time.

He’s more than a little bit odd but seems an excellent manager. Did he buy many of Leicester’s title winning squad? 

39 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Would be funny if we knocked them out, then played the kids to throw the next round. Fumetastic.

I'd settle for that, although I don't like throwing competitions and still love the FA Cup.  But losing to the Blooshite is akin to shaving my bollocks with a broken bottle.  Just fucking NO to that shit.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Stickman said:

What gets overlooked in the 2006 Cup Final is what a great finish Gerard’s first was and his pass for Cisse’s goal that made it 1-2

I'm not sure they do get overlooked as they called it The Gerrard Final, and it wasn't just because he scored a last-minute piledriver. It was his overall display, in a team that played below par on the day.

19 hours ago, Stickman said:

What gets overlooked in the 2006 Cup Final is what a great finish Gerard’s first was and his pass for Cisse’s goal that made it 1-2

That Cisse goal was against the run of play - which is why I love a caption I saw to a picture of it "Strike while the Irons are hot".

On 13/05/2020 at 13:00, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I remember my older brother kind of laying into me when Alec Lindsay's goal got disallowed and my dad giving him a belt around the ear. Good times!

A crime that being disallowed, I was 15 and I think I've said before, me and 2 mates on an Order Bike going round the streets made up. 

It made up for the disappointment of 71.