You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup

El Rojo

13 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I'll be honest lads. It's not just the FA cup I'd sacrifice this season. I'd sacrifice the CL at this stage. We absolutely need to get this 30 year monkey off our back and from here on in nothing should come in the way of it*

*I'm aware I wanted the World cup this year but that was another thing we needed to win imo. 

The league needs winning and the European Cup needs retaining. Been a long, long time since we did the former and even longer since we did the latter. Knock Everton out of the FA Cup, then play the kids in the next round. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

We're not going to throw the league away because we fielded a decent team against Everton. Unfortunately they've got a really good manager now who'll see an FA cup win as a quick route to success and legendary status. 

Not in isolation, I agree. But, we could end up with a replay. If we get through, some will say play a strong side in the 4th round and so on.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The league needs winning and the European Cup needs retaining. Been a long, long time since we did the former and even longer since we did the latter. Knock Everton out of the FA Cup, then play the kids in the next round. 

Tony knows.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Risk our main players against everton and then make no attempt to win the tournament ourselves, rendering the risk completely pointless. 

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

8 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Risk our main players against everton and then make no attempt to win the tournament ourselves, rendering the risk completely pointless. 

I see the logic in both views.  But the thought of the Blooshite putting us out of the FA Cup is just too much to bear.

Give them a sound twatting then see who we draw after that.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

A mixed team with a certain amount of bench warmers/fringe players should be enough to see off Everton, we are at home which is a huge advantage and I doubt very much that Ancelotti will change his tactics regardless of who we play. They'll sit deep and and just hit it to runners when they get the ball back. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

A mixed team with a certain amount of bench warmers/fringe players should be enough to see off Everton, we are at home which is a huge advantage and I doubt very much that Ancelotti will change his tactics regardless of who we play. They'll sit deep and and just hit it to runners when they get the ball back. 

It doesn't really matter what he does tactically at the moment, he's still putting some dross out on the pitch regardless.

Match them physically then stamp our quality on them.  Then hopefully get Villa in the next round and rip them a new arsehole.

I wouldnt be so dismissive of Ancelotti in a one off game. I think the cup game will be much tougher given its their cup final. I'd like to see us batter them but this will be much tougher and Klopp will need to decide whether to take it seriously or not. If not,I have a horrible feeling they might get something simply because we are not going to even try to win the competition even if we did beat them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wouldnt be so dismissive of Ancelotti in a one off game. I think the cup game will be much tougher given its their cup final. I'd like to see us batter them but this will be much tougher and Klopp will need to decide whether to take it seriously or not. If not,I have a horrible feeling they might get something simply because we are not going to even try to win the competition even if we did beat them.

Ancelotti isn't on the pitch and he's still using the same bunch of players that were in the relegation zone recently.

Looking at how Klopp celebrated Divvy's late winner against the cunts I can't see him making it any easier for them.

5 hours ago, Grinch said:

Why should I give a fuck about a tournament the club nor manager doesn't? 

People need to wake up and realise it's not the 90s,  top premier League clubs care about the league and Europe. 

Like fuck am I gonna be bothered when klopp gives some shite team a bye in this,  again. 

Negged for being prepared to tolerate a home defeat to the Blooshite. (Also for that revisionist bullshit about giving Wolves a bye. The team for that match compared to the best available starting XI in a similar way that the team who beat Everton 5-2 compared to our best XI today; with the exception that we only had two fit CBs, quickly reduced to just Hoever after Lovren went off. In those circumstances, losing by one goal away to a very good Premier team is no disgrace.)

As for "top premier league clubs" not giving a shit, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have won 18 of the last 20 FA Cups. (One of the exceptions was the freak final when Wigan beat City.)

Even the League Cup hasn't left the top clubs for the last 6 years.

Basically, you're doing that thing again where you're a defeatist shithouse and you're projecting it onto Klopp.

5 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Not at the expense of dropping points in the league when the team is knackered and a trip to Spurs is up next.

That's not what's at stake.

Look at the way this squad has coped with December's fixture list. Look at the fringe players who put 5 past the Blooshite.

Don't think for a minute that we can't beat both Everton and Spurs.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Negged for being prepared to tolerate a home defeat to the Blooshite. (Also for that revisionist bullshit about giving Wolves a bye. The team for that match compared to the best available starting XI in a similar way that the team who beat Everton 5-2 compared to our best XI today; with the exception that we only had two fit CBs, quickly reduced to just Hoever after Lovren went off. In those circumstances, losing by one goal away to a very good Premier team is no disgrace.)

As for "top premier league clubs" not giving a shit, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have won 18 of the last 20 FA Cups. (One of the exceptions was the freak final when Wigan beat City.)

Even the League Cup hasn't left the top clubs for the last 6 years.

Basically, you're doing that thing again where you're a defeatist shithouse and you're projecting it onto Klopp.

And you're doing that thing where you completely ignore how klopps treated the cups.   Like you've some kind of selective memory problem. 

Just like you did with the league Cup then klopp once again showed how little fucks he had to give for it. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

And you're doing that thing where you completely ignore how klopps treated the cups.   Like you've some kind of selective memory problem. 

Just like you did with the league Cup then klopp once again showed how little fucks he had to give for it. 

Except, of course, he picked teams capable of winning the first two rounds and only changed that when we had to play a much more important game on a different continent less than 24 hours after the League Cup match.

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Except, of course, he picked teams capable of winning the first two rounds and only changed that when we had to play a much more important game on a different continent less than 24 hours after the League Cup match.

Laughably deluded., fuck knows what your excuse for all the other years is and when he bins this tournament off again. 

That's right, something about he made wholesale changes in the league once during a hectic fixture list, so putting out your second string is entirely normal behaviour in a game you're trying to win. 

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Laughably deluded., fuck knows what your excuse for all the other years is and when he bins this tournament off again. 

That's right, something about he made wholesale changes in the league once during a hectic fixture list, so putting out your second string is entirely normal behaviour in a game you're trying to win. 

Out of interest, what team would you pick for the Everton game?

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Yeah, right, he always plays the under-19s because he just loves losing. I  mean, the state of this line-up that lost to Chelsea. I've never even heard of the cunts. 

Screenshot_20191230-005848.png

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah, right, he always plays the under-19s because he just loves losing. I  mean, the state of this line-up that lost to Chelsea. I've never even heard of the cunts. 

Screenshot_20191230-005848.png

Somehow you think posting a team sheet with our most important forward getting splinters on his arse, sat beside Salah, backs up your point that we're trying to win this piece of shit. 

Pure delusion.