You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester City 0 Liverpool 4 (Dec 26 2019)

tlw content

Alisson apparently had no shots on target to stop last night.  Away to our 2nd place rivals, days after massive game in another country.  They were simply overwhelmed, they had no answers to the questions that our lads asked of them.

Rodgers at the end looked like a man suitably chastened.  He'd probably been telling his players before the game "they'll be leggy, fucked after Saturday's extra time heroics and the flight back" and then he's had to stand for 90 minutes and watch while a "knackered" Liverpool have simply flattened his team.  Physically and tactically outmatched right from the first whistle.  I always got the impression that Rodgers wasn't sure how to use Firmino, maybe didn't rate him that highly.  He got a lesson in how to use him last night !  And having Madison tag along in TAA's slipstream wasn't the smartest move either.  And as for TAA, 21 years of age and by the end of the season he'll have virtually all the top medals for a club player in his collection, maybe bar a domestic cup or two.  And it's not as if he's been a passenger either, far from that.

• Upvote 1

I was too young to watch the teams of the 80s and before, so I don't have that point of reference.

But this team, in the modern era, with so much money and competition, with what it's doing this last 18 months, is better than I could possibly have imagined us being in my wildest dreams.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, dave u said:

Had to get this one done quickly as I was driving up to Sunderland to the in laws first thing the next morning and wouldn't have had any time to do it otherwise.

Don't be getting used to it.

You big fluffer Dave.

Fully expecting the Wolves report in 2020.

• dave u unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...