You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) 29/12/2019 - Premier League - 16:30

Bjornebye

Taylor tried his hardest all game to screw us over.  Very similar to Atkinson he wasn’t giving us any 50/50 calls at all, seeing imaginary hand balls etc.

If anything these VAR calls going our way show up that we were right all along with some of these referees being able to influence games.  With VAR stepping in it was taken out of Taylor’s hands.

Specifically on our goal.  Why is he blowing for a potential hand ball which is all he could possibly have seen?  If a goal is scored from it then it will 100% be ruled out.  He tried to blow as quickly as he could for it instead of letting it run on probably knowing that it couldn’t then be overturned.  Fucking mutant.

22 minutes ago, Manny said:

I'm trying my best to not be all Esk-esque psy-ops about this, but why the fuck are we singled out as chief beneficiaries of VAR? The stats show us slap bang in the middle of the table for VAR overrules in favour/against yet for some reason we're subjected to this kind of undermining of our absolute brilliance this season. It fucks me off - we've been absolutely excellent and yet there's shit like this:

Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.04.19.png

It just makes me think that the headline writer obviously isn't a Liverpool fan and has seen his arse, which makes me happier.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I've just tagged his employer in his tweet so let's see what happens. 

Grassing people to their employer for a stupid tweet is lower than a snakes belly, it really is.

Just to make it clear I think that the boy is a Grade A dickhead.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Grassing people to their employer for a stupid tweet is lower than a snakes belly, it really is.

Prick gets everything he deserves. I'm not one for grassing people up but this shit really boils my piss and I'm sick of it.  

• Upvote 1

Bullshit. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, just so long as he's willing to bear the consequences of his actions. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't do it but maybe he'll learn his lesson. Too many people hide behind screens spouting vile shit.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Twitter is a fucking cesspit a lot of the time

It mirrors mankind mate, in general we truly are a shitty species in the big scheme of things. Thankfully by not entertaining many of the social media platforms and only mingling with decent people in general one can protect oneself from such fuckwittery. 

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

Watch this until the end if you've not already seen.

It's one thing calling us bindippers. Calling us murderers is pure evil and the cunt deserves everything he gets.

Another game where the talking point is all about VAR. Wolves will feel hard done by that they were shafted by VAR disallowing a goal, just as we were at Villa. We managed to turn things round at Villa but Wolves were not able to here.

This game is one of the reasons why it's ludicrous to have such a packed fixture schedule around Christmas. There is very little turnaround time so managers either pick the same side and run them into the ground, or they chop and change to keep some players fresh, but lose any semblance of cohesion and intensity. It's still not as stupid as rugby union where club sides still play fixtures even if all their best players are away playing international rugby. Fans are still paying full whack to watch a scratch side shorn of any star quality. They must have close to 10 games each season affected this way.

We had a lethargy about us which was partly down to the schedule but also in part down to the fact it's approaching the end of the year. Players can end up mentally checking out, unable to switch on to the task at hand.

We had chances to score early on but as with a lot of recent games, our finishing left a lot to be desired. Mane finally got on the scoresheet to make it 1-0, but Manchester's Anthony Taylor (an Altrincham fan didn't you know, and no way trying to imitate that other baldy facilitator-of-the Manc-cause Howard Webb) called for handball on Lallana in the build-up. VAR overruled him, correctly.

No matter, as he was a law unto himself all afternoon. Not so much with the disallowed goal for Wolves (that's not an easy call for offside in real time and in any case, the offside law is currently a farce), but the numerous examples of fouls on ours players being disregarded while Wolves players got free kick after free kick any time our players went for a 50/50. It's almost as if Taylor wanted to level things up.

I need to see a bit more than the 2 minutes of highlights Sky put up on their website, not least because they don't show why the Wolves goal was disallowed, or any other key moments in the game.

The slugglishness made things nervy but we held out, and we go into the new year with a 13 and 14-point lead over Leicester and Man City respectively, and still with a game in hand on those two. We can't say for sure what's to come in 2020, but the calendar year 2019 has been remarkable for LFC.

• Upvote 1