You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) 29/12/2019 - Premier League - 16:30

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Losing jobs and getting criminal records over a bunch of millionaires kicking a ball around.

Far too many people take it way too seriously. I guess many of us do in a certain way, as in worrying and letting it ruin our day, but act like a cunt in your own home, taking it to social media is as stupid as it is unnecessary and cunt behaviour. 

8 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Watch this until the end if you've not already seen.

It's one thing calling us bindippers. Calling us murderers is pure evil and the cunt deserves everything he gets.

I don't need to watch fuck all to know that grassing someone to their employer for something like that is snide as fuck.

If you've got a problem with him, speak to him direct or go & smash him instead of being a snake & going to his boss.

I can't get on board with that shit at all, let alone coming on here to boast about it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Far too many people take it way too seriously. I guess many of us do in a certain way, as in worrying and letting it ruin our day, but act like a cunt in your own home, taking it to social media is as stupid as it is unnecessary and cunt behaviour. 

The rivalry between sets of fans these days is absolutely detestable. It's pure hatred and social media has made it 10x worse.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't need to watch fuck all to know that grassing someone to their employer for something like that is snide as fuck.

If you've got a problem with him, speak to him direct or go & smash him instead of being a snake & going to his boss.

I can't get on board with that shit at all, let alone coming on here to boast about it. 

Mate I get what your saying but my uncle was at heysel and did fuck all wrong and its pisses me off when this Murderers shit is thrown about by dickheads who think they can hide behind social media and use the death of people to try and score points.

Fuck him

22 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Another game where the talking point is all about VAR. Wolves will feel hard done by that they were shafted by VAR disallowing a goal, just as we were at Villa. We managed to turn things round at Villa but Wolves were not able to here.

This game is one of the reasons why it's ludicrous to have such a packed fixture schedule around Christmas. There is very little turnaround time so managers either pick the same side and run them into the ground, or they chop and change to keep some players fresh, but lose any semblance of cohesion and intensity. It's still not as stupid as rugby union where club sides still play fixtures even if all their best players are away playing international rugby. Fans are still paying full whack to watch a scratch side shorn of any star quality. They must have close to 10 games each season affected this way.

We had a lethargy about us which was partly down to the schedule but also in part down to the fact it's approaching the end of the year. Players can end up mentally checking out, unable to switch on to the task at hand.

We had chances to score early on but as with a lot of recent games, our finishing left a lot to be desired. Mane finally got on the scoresheet to make it 1-0, but Manchester's Anthony Taylor (an Altrincham fan didn't you know, and no way trying to imitate that other baldy facilitator-of-the Manc-cause Howard Webb) called for handball on Lallana in the build-up. VAR overruled him, correctly.

No matter, as he was a law unto himself all afternoon. Not so much with the disallowed goal for Wolves (that's not an easy call for offside in real time and in any case, the offside law is currently a farce), but the numerous examples of fouls on ours players being disregarded while Wolves players got free kick after free kick any time our players went for a 50/50. It's almost as if Taylor wanted to level things up.

I need to see a bit more than the 2 minutes of highlights Sky put up on their website, not least because they don't show why the Wolves goal was disallowed, or any other key moments in the game.

The slugglishness made things nervy but we held out, and we go into the new year with a 13 and 14-point lead over Leicester and Man City respectively, and still with a game in hand on those two. We can't say for sure what's to come in 2020, but the calendar year 2019 has been remarkable for LFC.

He gave us 3 free kicks all game! Fucking THREE? and we'd twice the possession! Prick

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Mate I get what your saying but my uncle was at heysel and did fuck all wrong and its pisses me off when this Murderers shit is thrown about by dickheads who think they can hide behind social media and use the death of people to try and score points.

Fuck him

I agree 100% that the bloke is a fucking dickhead & a shithouse for what he posted.

I've said my piece anyway, time to relax & enjoy today's win.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Elite said:

The rivalry between sets of fans these days is absolutely detestable. It's pure hatred and social media has made it 10x worse.

Fully agree, TBH it obviously happens in other countries to a certain degree, but nowhere near the levels as it does in England. 

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, niallers said:

He gave us 3 free kicks all game! Fucking THREE? and we'd twice the possession! Prick

Salah was being manhandled from the off and he didn't once give a free kick. Early on Salah went down due to this in the box, no replay, no VAR review as the ball stayed in play for ages after the incident, he then just carried on in that vain. At one point Lallana was fouled from both behind and in front from Neves, Taylor blows up so Neves can receive treatment then gives us a fucking throw in, useless cunt. 

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

I think it's just this country though. Was in Germany a few weeks back and Monchengladbach fans were drinking before the match with Freiburg supporters.

The lad I know there said that they were looking forward to going to the away match with Hertha Berlin as they have a friendship with them and all drink together before the match. No one there seems to take it seriously. It seems like a hobby to most of them and more focus is on supporting your own team. Might be slighty different between Cologne and Monchengladbach fans but it never seems all consuming. 

Here all sets of fans automatically hate each other because all these banter merchants are desperate for someone to hate or have a rivalry with. You get twats singing about people dying. The only instance of that I've ever heard of abroad is Fiorentina fans singing it to Juventus.

Brexit and the election have made things a million times worse here with people hating each other and having an attitude of "as long as it doent affect me I dont give a fuck". 

• Upvote 1

Well I hope that game makes those who recently said 'now let's go big in the FA Cup this season' think again.

That was one tough game, pretty much as I expected. Yes, they had 24 hours(?) less than us to recover but it didnt look like it, did it? I thought they played really well and the 5 at the back really frustrated us. Add in some very careless balls by us plus, too many of our players looking for the extra touch on the ball didnt help us.

It's hard being critical on the boys after all the effort they have put in and results they have got but I guess it comes with the territory. I thought we put extra effort in against Leicester because we'd had 5 days or thereabouts after the world cup. Today looked like that exertion caught up with us a little.

The game looked like it was going to take a mistake or flash of brilliance to open the scoring, have I said anthony taylor is a fucking manc twat yet?

The brilliance was Lallana dragging the ball out of the air from a lofted van Dijk ball and threading it through to Sadio who deftly finished when, to be frank, he'd looked poor all game.

But, the favourite manc twat in black couldnt wait to rub it out and he blew the whistle. Now, although the goal was right in front of me, without tv, I wouldnt know whether the ball hit Lallana's hand, arm or what. Thankfully, we now have VAR which is able to resolve these issues. Only problem is, it now takes an age to resolve and no one in the stadium, you know, the actual paying customers, have a clue what's going on.

Mike Riley needs shooting because surely, all Taylor should have had to do was take a look on the pitchside monitor I can see in the tunnel from my seat.

Eventually, the goal was given but Im still none the wiser where it hit Lallana although it seems it was the shoulder. So how can a ref get it so wrong then?

The incident spurred wolves on and once again, we fannied around over 2 of their quickly taken corners. It didnt surprise me when they 'equalised.' This time, with the goal down the Kop end, I had no idea why VAR was looking at it. Another long delay and it's given offside. Apparently, it's offside by the margin of Bobby's armpit. If that's the case, I can sympathise with Wolves and the FA really should be kicking mike riley's arse into fucking touch because these decisions are shit. It is almost pure luck whether you get the decision or your oppos does.

The 2nd half was pretty much like the first, lots of huff and puff, one touch too many wanted and Trent pinging a ball at his own keeper. It's a good job we have a Brasilian in nets who's good with his feet. Even Virgil tried to get in on the act fannying around from a short goal kick and getting robbed just outside the box.

Wolves threw on their 3 forwards who damaged city. Traore was giving a clearly tired Trent a ragging, so much so he even followed him onto the other wing when he and Robbo switched sides late on.

Wolves knew they were running out of time and adopted a shoot on sight policy. Ive never seen so many shots end up in the Annie Road End upper tier. Thank fuck!

So 2019 ends with yet another win a clean sheet, just, and 3 more points. It's been a phenomenal year with us being World and European Champions. We are Premier League Champions elect and sorry to mention that song but, 30 years of hurt never stopped me dreaming.

It would top the season off for me if we could go through the 2nd half of the season unbeaten as well. But the boys do look tired and Spurs away looks massive. Minamino cannot become available soon enough and we need Fab, Lovren and Matip back end of January.

Did I say anthony taylor's a twat?

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Why are you promoting violence?

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Elite said:

The league has got to be the absolute priority, fuck the FA cup. Once the monkey is off our backs then go for it next season but winning the league will be the biggest catalyst for the long term success of this team. It absolutely needs to happen.

I doubt very much Klopp will play a full strength team in the FA cup, probably be similar to the team which played Monterry in the first game on our way to becoming Club World Champions. (just wanted to say that again if I'm honest) 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I doubt very much Klopp will play a full strength team in the FA cup, probably be similar to the team which played Monterry in the first game on our way to becoming Club World Champions. (just wanted to say that again if I'm honest) 

I also think it will be similar to the team which played Monterry in the first game on our way to becoming Club World Champions. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

I also think it will be similar to the team which played Monterry in the first game on our way to becoming Club World Champions. 

I like the cut of your Jib, probably down to being a fan of the Club World Champions.