You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My Column: Do the Right Thing Villa: Free Jacky G

3 Stacks

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

In his post match interview on MotD he basically said that he loved that his team mates relied on him and looked to him to make things happen. Don’t see him fitting in with our ethos.

I didn't say we should sign him, I don't think we would. I just want him to leave. Just escape the hellhole that is Aston Villa. 

It could be good for the site for regular/popular/unpopular posters to have a column or blog.

Seriously. Some of you are funny fuckers; some of you have great knowledge of footy.

A dedicated section of the site/forum. Get some articles up. Some funny. Some interesting or thoughtful. some controversial. Maybe some of the best could be exclusively for the paying members.

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

He should have two largely disappointing seasons at Arsenal or Spurs before returning to Villa, in my opinion.

I will say, despite my appreciation for him, I don't know how he would do in a truly top team that plays in the Champions League year after year, because to me he plays like an old school #10 that operates at a slower pace.

In high intensity games against great opposition, I'd worry that he wouldn't get on the ball and would get swamped by the high tempo. Same thing with Maddison, we saw that last night. Although, Grealish to me is the superior player.

With that said, I'm not sure what team would be right for him, but I sure as hell know it's not Villa.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I will say, despite my appreciation for him, I don't know how he would do in a truly top team that plays in the Champions League year after year, because to me he plays like an old school #10 that operates at a slower pace.

In high intensity games against great opposition, I'd worry that he wouldn't get on the ball and would get swamped by the high tempo. Same thing with Maddison, we saw that last night. Although, Grealish to me is the superior player.

With that said, I'm not sure what team would be right for him, but I sure as hell know it's not Villa.

It isn't in England.

He should play in Serie A. Look at the impact Luis Alberto has there.

Slower pace, and fewer players that are thick as shit.