You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative Christmas Dinner

Anubis

On 24/12/2019 at 15:07, Bjornebye said:

Because her brother is a selfish bastard who expects her mum to do a christmas dinner for everyone at 12 so him his wife and two kids can then go to her mums who will only eat at 4 despite it just being her and her fella. So fucking selfish. So I said months ago I will cook xmas dinner for her mum. Save her the hassle and he has her up the wall babysitting the kids etc. Plus who the fuck wants to eat christmas dinner at midday?

Its now me, her, her mum, her auntie and uncle, their two kids her uncles mum and her other uncle. 

3 vegans so we've got some nut roasts in but her mum is doing the turkey and bringing that with her which helps. 

But usual stuff. Turkey, roasties, sprouts, cauliflower cheese, parsnips, stuffing, yorkshires and the worlds best gravy. Its boss how Tesco do all the veg for pennies at xmas. 3 bags of spuds cost 60p. Brilliant. 

The best ever xmas dinner I had was an exes dad who cooked the turkey on a spit over the bbq. Superb. 

Smashed it mate 

35 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

I have been starting off at the pub with bourbon cocktails recently.

Bit of sophistication in my advanced year and a nod to the forlorn loss of the Rev, GRichards who liked a bourbon 

The Rev - you just mean from the forum right?

First time j cooked Christmas dinner for me and my ex wife the first year we were in our first house together I did pheasant, and it was awesome. 

shit Christmas though as she was working night leading into it so I picked her up from work, she went to bed, I cooked dinner on my own all morning, woke her up and she had roast for breakfast and then was a zombie the rest of the afternoon/evening.

another time I did beef wellington. That was ace.

Guest Pistonbroke

Had Turkey for Boxing day and today Instead of making a Turkey curry I whipped up some batter, dipped the turkey in it and fried it off, made a sweet and sour sauce and served it with rice. Big hit. Gonna use the rest of the Turkey up today and make it the same way but with a peanut butter sauce.