You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative Christmas Dinner

Anubis

27 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, I hate it when the days start to get longer. The shortest day was the 21st December, wasn’t it? Recorded this video of myself.

21848173-B5A7-4BD7-A1A1-42A9019EBBF6.gif

Those 7 minutes of daylight around 1pm must have been a living hell

Fully on board the turkeys is shite train

Meat in correct order

Venison

Lamb

Beef

Goat

Varios exoctix meats like caribou, reindeer etc

Various other game

Horse

Pork

Rabbit

Chicken

Rat

Edible insects

Turkey

On a side not don't serve kids reindeer meat at Xmas, especially not with one glacé cherry on top

34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Fully on board the turkeys is shite train

Meat in correct order

Venison

Lamb

Beef

Goat

Varios exoctix meats like caribou, reindeer etc

Various other game

Horse

Pork

Rabbit

Chicken

Rat

Edible insects

Turkey

On a side not don't serve kids reindeer meat at Xmas, especially not with one glacé cherry on top

You cooking Lee? Looks ace but quite complex?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Haha. To be honest, mate, money is scarce this year, so we just spent the little we had on something we’ll enjoy, a ploughman’s and additional cheese and biscuits.

Sounds like a good use of funds mate. Bit of solid grub and good company (just the food for mrs moanero though unfortunately). Have a goodun

Roast turkey, expertly spiced and glazed, with gravy, homemade bread sauce, and cranberry sauce. What’s alternative about it I hear you ask? So we asked the butcher to cut the bird into five pieces, dry-brined it earlier, now it’s ready for roasting. Real psyched. Apparently the best way to do turkey.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/expertly-spiced-and-glazed-roast-turkey

Video of two Americans experimenting with different ways to do Turkey.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am doing a gochujang bbq duck for tonight - not sure if that counts as tomorrow will be trad roast.

sounds nice - roast duck for just the wife and i and our old bachelor neighbour.

nice guy - builds wooden ship models from scratch. i'm hoping he'll do the bismarck for me as a centerpiece.

Guest Pistonbroke

Did the German Xmas eve last night. Lamb fillet, usual roasted spuds, carrots and parsnips in Goose fat, Broccoli in a Bechamel sauce topped with cheese and baked, Creamed mashed spuds, peppercorn and bearnaise sauces. Lots of family doing their own thing today so it's a Sheppard's pie and left overs, doing traditional Roast Turkey dinner tomorrow when we all get back together, looking forward to a relaxing day with no stress if I'm honest. 

22 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Sorry but best way to do turkey is bin it and buy nice meat

Anyway

Starting my Xmas now

May or may not have a small pour of Highland Park 12 depending on who's reading

IMG_20191224_212921.jpg

I would imagine chosing a tipple from your elaborate drinks shelf is akin to trying to find something on Netflix- endless choice and possibilities.

Love hummus (houmas or Hamas or biwever its spelt). 

The chick pea is a noble legume. 

2 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

I would imagine chosing a tipple from your elaborate drinks shelf is akin to trying to find something on Netflix- endless choice and possibilities.

Haha

Yeah the scotch and Bourbon shelves are a little packed now. 

About 10 different rums

3 gins

And then various random Aquavit, Aqua vitae, Mezcal,Tequila, Cachaça, liqueurs and schnapps