You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) Boxing Day - Premier League - 20:00

Bjornebye

59 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

The City result will show whether Leicester have the balls to stay the distance or not as they’ll need to bounce back to keep up, nothing less than a win will do for them.

They’ll have to attack us, we don’t need to attack them, it’s made for us to be patient and pick them off.

Vardy is their key player, either scoring or making chances for others, he’s easily riled so someone should be into his ear all the time, he’ll react and could get sent off.

We should be wary of his simulation though, he’s got that “drag the boot onto the defender” thing down to a fine art and has kidded many referees with it.

Given the travelling we’ve done, a draw might be a good enough result for us.

I thought if we can get through this fixture and the others and still be six points clear going into the cup game vs Everton then we’d be doing ok.

robertson-1540x866.jpg

• Upvote 2

Taking a draw? Fuck that shit.

I want to win this regardless of players missing, tiredness etc.

This is good time to play them. They have been on a bit of a downer and their confidence would have taken a hit.

I'm more concerned about the upcoming games we have in such a short space of time.

Luckily we have an extra day off along with Arsenal, Chelsea & Sheffield Utd playing on Sunday.

City play Friday and then Sunday. All other teams play Thursday/Saturday.

It's fucking ridiculous what happens every Xmas with regards to fixtures. Doesn't happen anywhere fucking else.

Every time I think before a game "this is tricky" they get a result.  Like a steamroller with broken brakes, they just keep rolling over the opposition.  This one depends on how much the WCC jolly took out of the lads, but they still have more than enough nous now to get a  positive result.  These are the hard yards now, I don't think we'll be found wanting, now matter how hard it gets.  And it will get very hard.

Klopp said believe, so believe.

• Upvote 1

I was chatting with my sisters fiancée about footie before Christmas dinner yesterday and we were talking about our run, and he said something about the points dropped at United, and how rashford and martial are good enough to do that, and so I had to stop him, and while what I said was a bit arrogant, it feels right...

I said it has or had nothing to do with them, or anyone else at their club, it was just about us. We shit the bed and we failed to win.

but more, there’s only 3 or 4 teams in the league that can beat us and it not be because of us. One of them is Leicester.

come on red men. Huge game.

Every team in the league is capable of beating us.  It's the sheer dogged mindedness of the players and Klopp driving them relentlessly on that stops it happening.

That's the big difference between what we're seeing now and what we got used to over the years, we could win a "big game" but then would inevitably shit the bed in the next game against the type of clubs we should have been beating.

Now we just beat everyone.  Apart from Napoli and the fucking Mancs at their place.

But this one could be pivotal tonight.  A loss or a draw will sting but there won't actually be too much damage.

A win kicks Leicester and the blue Mancs squarely in the bollocks.  Then we're back to not shitting the bed again.

36 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I was chatting with my sisters fiancée about footie before Christmas dinner yesterday and we were talking about our run, and he said something about the points dropped at United, and how rashford and martial are good enough to do that, and so I had to stop him, and while what I said was a bit arrogant, it feels right...

I said it has or had nothing to do with them, or anyone else at their club, it was just about us. We shit the bed and we failed to win.

but more, there’s only 3 or 4 teams in the league that can beat us and it not be because of us. One of them is Leicester.

come on red men. Huge game.

We didnt shit the bed as we drew and had a good argument to say we actually would have won without dubious refereeing. We did play well below our best but those games happen to everybody and we somehow find a way to win or draw at least. Our biggest enemy is ourselves and we appear to have improved on that score too.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We didnt shit the bed as we drew and had a good argument to say we actually would have won without dubious refereeing. We did play well below our best but those games happen to everybody and we somehow find a way to win or draw at least. Our biggest enemy is ourselves and we appear to have improved on that score too.

Whether you say we shit the bed or we underperformed, my point is the same either way.

for all but 3 or 4 teams in this league, whether we win or not has nothing at all to do with them unless we let it have.

22 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I am nervous.

Well, you always feel like vardy will score against us. He's just one of those strikers who seem to be good enough to do it so I always go into these games against Leicester hoping we score at least 2!

It's an old cliche but these are the games that win titles, going to shit places and getting a result. Today is a must not lose day.