You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) Boxing Day - Premier League - 20:00

Bjornebye

56 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The coming fixture congestion is brutal and one of our players seems to get injured every game. Getting towards some tough times but I'm sure we will pull through. 

We’re in the congestion and doing well.

Full strength against these, smash and grab 1-2, then the next two home games ‘should’ be home bankers. 

We’re looking fucking imperious and that can make you run through tiredness and pain.

Plus we got the little Japanese fella joining so we never have to bring fucking Lallana on again! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

We’re in the congestion and doing well.

Full strength against these, smash and grab 1-2, then the next two home games ‘should’ be home bankers. 

We’re looking fucking imperious and that can make you run through tiredness and pain.

Plus we got the little Japanese fella joining so we never have to bring fucking Lallana on again! 

If we beat these they’re done, aren’t they. The rehab and prep for Boxing Day will already be underway, as one of the key single fixtures left.

Then if we can get the win, all about seeing how many games in a row we can make City have to win to even close the gap a few points.

14 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

If we beat these they’re done, aren’t they.

Then all about seeing how many games in a row we can make City have to win to even close the gap a few points.

Not that we should think this way, but a draw isn’t a bad result, we’re ten fucking points clear and the daffodils haven’t started to reach for the sun yet.

Full strength/pelt against these, then Wolves are tricky but we should have enough with a couple of changes, the Sheffield Utd at home ‘should’ be three points.

Everton, FA Cup, January signing making debut, no history there...

The Tottenham game on the 11th worries me with Maureen there, but again they’ve flatted to deceive and we should give them a good game. 

We should still be, with very conservative thinking, at least seven points clear, with a game in hand, before we even think of Tottenham.

Nice going in to the new year...

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm totally against Fox hunting, but unleash the hounds. 

Leicester a plucky 1 Liverpool a fabulous 3. 

This is a massive game in the context of things. Win this and it will break Leicester and probably City too. 

I look around our squad these days and I get the feeling that none of them would settle for anything but a win from any game. Even though a draw - or even a defeat - would still leave us well placed for the rest of the season, I think the "Mentality Monsters" will demand that they find a way to win. 

45 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Given the travel and extra time, I fear the worst from this, and fully expect City to be within 8 points come Friday night, which is a concern given that they’re nailed on to win every single league game before we play them.

I'd be surprised if they don't drop a few points out of this run. 

Tottenham A

West Ham H

Madrid A

Leicester A

Arsenal H

United A

Madrid H

Burnley H

Chelsea A

Liverpool H

Guest Pistonbroke
52 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Given the travel and extra time, I fear the worst from this, and fully expect City to be within 8 points come Friday night, which is a concern given that they’re nailed on to win every single league game before we play them.

Strange that you show confidence in the International games yet return to type in the domestic games. 

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I look around our squad these days and I get the feeling that none of them would settle for anything but a win from any game. Even though a draw - or even a defeat - would still leave us well placed for the rest of the season, I think the "Mentality Monsters" will demand that they find a way to win. 

I reckon last season would have really annoyed them, the epic league form we had and we still came up slightly short. They'll be looking at those draws, wondering if they had really given those games 100%.

They aren't taking any chances this time, there's no such thing as a point being a decent result considering the opposition, we need to beat everyone. 

Strength. Heart. Order. Width. Accuracy. Drive. Determination. Yearning. Wiliness. Artistry. Domination. Discipline. Yer ma.

I don't ask for much.

We go into this game as newly crowned World Club Champions, and have a chance to extend the gap between us and them as well as keeping City at arm's length. Hopefully the short spell away in warner climes has re-energised the squad and allows them to re-focus on the task at hand. Just take each game as it comes, and do what we have to do.

• Upvote 2

I had this one down as a home banker a couple of months back. The way we have managed the squad in December has changed my opinion. I haven't checked the numbers but I doubt many have played more than 5 full games so far in December. If Gini is fit then we can field close to our strongest XI and that team beats anyone.