You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Guardiola is the best manager in the world 

TLW

A respectful Jürgen Klopp has paid tribute to Pep Guardiola saying that he is the manager that all others try to emulate in the modern era.

Liverpool and Man City have developed a fascinating rivalry over the past two years both in Europe, and on the domestic front with Klopp’s side being one of the few teams in World football unafraid to go toe to toe with City.

In a discussion which covered quite a few subjects , Sky Sports reported Klopp as saying:

“I'm lucky that I can say that my teams were at least close to his teams because I've said a lot of times, I think he is the best manager in the world.

“What he is doing with his team is incredible. 

The way they play, I really like to watch.

Klopp also discussed the way that both men conduct themselves during a match.

“Pep and I, we are different, so our teams mirror our character. 

“He is much finer than I am as a person so he is the gentleman and I look how I look on the touchline. 

“Probably a bit more intense maybe."

Jurgen.Klopp-711.jpg

English Football has seen its fair share of feuds and intense mind games between managers jostling for the title over the years.

And while Klopp said there would be nothing more special than tasting league success, he is aware of the challenge that his side face in toppling the reigning title holders.

“There's no rivalry left or right of football.

"We respect each other lots but on the pitch we want to beat them, that's normal.

"At the end of the season in most of the seasons he has still won the league. In Germany always, and in England so far as well. 

“That's how it is but I can easily live with that because I have no problem with being second even when I want to be first."

View full article