You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Dec 14-15 2019)

tlw content

Another good weekend for the Reds as our lead at the top was extended by a couple of points when Norwich upset the odds to end Leicester’s long winning run. Norwich could easily have won the game and may feel that a draw was a little harsh on them.

Leicester will probably see it as two points dropped and will feel that they should be beating Norwich. More often than not they would do, but this isn’t a big shock. It’s normal that a team like Leicester will have a few days like this. What isn’t normal is the winning streak they’ve been on. That isn’t a criticism, it’s just a fact. 

Leicester are good. Better than most people expected. But they aren’t going to win every game and it was therefore only a matter of time before they dropped some points. Few expected it to be against Norwich but the Canaries have beaten Man City this season so they are dangerous on their day.

For Leicester the setback probably feels bigger than it is because any point dropped now looks like being fatal to any of the chasing pack, but at the beginning of the season the expectation for them was that they might gatecrash the top six. No-one had them in second spot at this stage of the season, so a home draw with Norwich is no big deal. Shit happens, this is completely normal. 

Until recently you could have several results like this and still challenge for the title. City averaging 100 points changed that and now we’re picking up the baton to keep that going. Leicester have made a better start than they did when they won the title, but it’s a different ball game these days.

My boy Pukki had missed a glorious chance early on but he made amends soon after when he was sent clear and beat Schmeichel with ease. He’s back among the goals again after a barren spell. I’d love Norwich to fight their way out of it but I don’t hold out much hope. What will probably happen is they’ll win three of their next four and I’ll get suckered in again, telling you all how good they are and how they’ll stay up. Then they’ll lose ten on the bounce and make me look stupid again.

The one area where I rarely end up being wrong though is identifying twats. I’ve got a rare talent for it. I told you last week that I hated Iheanacho more than any other player in the league and the very next game he proved to the world that I’d got it spot on. What a deplorable shitbag he is.

Ricardo and Pukki went in for a thunderous 50-50 and both players were hurt. Norwich put the ball out so Pukki could get treatment (he'd broken his toe), and when the game restarted Ricardo threw it to Iheanacho near the edge of the box. Players from both sides had stopped, expecting him to knock it back to the keeper, but the cunt just started dribbling towards the box and had to be stopped by a foul from a Norwich defender, who was booked. 

Todd Cantwell was also booked for grabbing Iheanacho by the collar as he lay on the ground. It’s hard for the ref here as he couldn’t not book those players, but none of it would have happened but for Iheanacho being an unsporting sack of shit. Fuck that guy. Proper cunt. 

Credit to Leicester who did not try to score from the free-kick (Maddison passed it back to Krul) and Brendan actually subbed Iheanacho a few minutes later (in the first half). So this wasn’t bad sportsmanship by Leicester, it was just one fucking helmet showing once again what little regard he has for the integrity of the game that has made him a millionaire.

Bizarrely, Match of the Day didn’t address the incident at all and put his early substitution down to him making little impact. I don’t know why they wouldn’t give that scandalous incident the exposure it deserved, but then no-one called him out on his deliberate miss against City last season either. 

Leicester equalised when Vardy got across the near post and headed home for what looked like his ninth goal in consecutive games. Turns out it wasn’t on target and it goes down as an own goal by Krul who in trying to make the save actually pushed it into his own net.

Having drawn level I expected Leicester to go on and win and for a while they dominated and had Norwich on the ropes, but the goal didn’t come and Norwich finished the game strongly and probably should have found a winning goal themselves.

Cantwell is a good player but I can’t take to him as he’s just got too much of a “Young Conversative” look about him. Same reason I’ve always disliked Patrick Bamford (although him repeatedly refusing to sign for me on Footy Manager also played a part). I also don’t like Cantwell’s hairband, which just looks like a white shoelace tied around his head. That’s just not acceptable to me. I’m grateful for his contributions against our two main title rivals though.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
41 minutes ago, tlw content said:

Then they’ll lose ten on the bounce and make me look stupid again.

Them losing ten on the bounce won't be what'll do that. 

... when that Dan Gosling jabroni...

After a lengthy absence, it's back. Hey Ho. 

He might eventually get it when they send Carlo and his crazy rogue eyebrow packing...

Fabulous. Poetry in motion. Although I'd quite like it if they just send Carlo packing, keeping his "crazy rogue eyebrow" on for a while. DOF maybe? 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic