You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Of The Pops

Bjornebye

I think Wham made their debut on UK TV, due to a top 40 act that couldn't appear. They were the closest to the top 40 that were available (I think they were number 42).

All Saints - Bootie Call

The sight of a young pregnant woman on stage, just cracking on with her day job, caused a bit of a stir at the time.

The week this was on, I was in work when one of the women I work with spotted some fat cunt coming in and knew he was coming to see me.  She timed it perfectly so I answered my phone and heard her singing "Bring it on, Bring it bring it on now" just as his distended abdomen hove into view around the door.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Deadly.

Beyonce's Dad wrote the tunes & some of them were the best pop music since Thriller in my opinion.

Beyoncé was the glue that held that girl band together and she was always going to be a huge success - she had the looks and could sing so well. But some of the band's music was gash. I run for the off switch whenever I hear the song they did for the movie based on the TV series. 

Saying that, some of their early proper R&B tunes were very good (Jumpin' was a standout track). Perhaps they were a good band that got worse as they became more successful and commercial.

Guest Pistonbroke
12 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Debbie Harry with no kecks on.

Absolute game-changer. 

Beat me to it. I also beat myself  a few times over her as a 13 year old teenager. 

25 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Beyoncé was the glue that held that girl band together and she was always going to be a huge success - she had the looks and could sing so well. But some of the band's music was gash. I run for the off switch whenever I hear the song they did for the movie based on the TV series. 

Saying that, some of their early proper R&B tunes were very good (Jumpin' was a standout track). Perhaps they were a good band that got worse as they became more successful and commercial.

Nah, they were brilliant from start to finish.

Jumpin' only came out a couple of months before Independent Women btw.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Nah, they were brilliant from start to finish.

Jumpin' only came out a couple of months before Independent Women btw.

You do know your Destiny's Child. I don't know what to say. 

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If Lisa Left Eye Lopez didn’t wrap round a tree then Destiny’s Child would be the Atomic Kitten to Girls Aloud 

Didn't she die on a plane? Impressive if the plane hit a tree.