You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Flamengo (N) World Club Cup Final - 21/12/19 - 17:30

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That was genuinely despicable.

Tonight will be a good dress rehearsal for Atletico.

Nailed it.  Monterey and these pricks were very good preparation for Atletico. Snide, dirty and shithouse late tackles accompanied by their players falling down from the barest of touches.

For our games in March,  a lot will depend on the ref.  If he doesn't fall for their bullshit,  we'll be fine. If he gets whistle happy, then we'll be pushing uphill. 

• Upvote 2

The fact that Bobby whipped off his shirt to celebrate suggests it meant a lot to him.

When you consider he's struggled for goals of late, that it was his second late winner in a week and that this tournament seems to hold extra significance for the Brazilian players, you can understand his reaction. 

Not something I'd want him to make a habit of, obviously, but in this instance I'll allow it!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, A_S said:

The fact that Bobby whipped off his shirt to celebrate suggests it meant a lot to him.

When you consider he's struggled for goals of late, that it was his second late winner in a week and that this tournament seems to hold extra significance for the Brazilian players, you can understand his reaction. 

Not something I'd want him to make a habit of, obviously, but in this instance I'll allow it!

In the league he often pretends to take his shirt off but doesn’t - he knew what he was doing and was happy to take the yellow!

20 minutes ago, A_S said:

He'll go back to the pretending to take it off then wagging his finger in a teacher telling off way, the mad bastard.

• Upvote 4

Loads of Brazilians here teasing us before the match about the single star they have above their crest - “you haven’t got one”. I argued we would by tomorrow so delighted to have shut the cocky little Latin types up :).

Far from meaningless in my book and another “major trophy” ahead of the mancs 

I loved every second of that. In many ways it's likely if Bobby had scored in the first minute and we strolled it then it could have felt like beating Bolton in the league cup.  The fact Flamengo were good and played the ref like a fiddle made it more enjoyable. The keeper tying his laces to kill our momentum in the first half and again in the 2nd half  to allow his mates balls drop back into place was first class shit housery. There is a place in the game for that, lesser teams than us would have fallen right in to their trap and lost our heads. This machine of ours just keeps going until they get what they want no matter what they put in front of us.

We're world champions because we're the best team in the world, for all the chat about 2005 that wouldn't have  been true then.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, A_S said:

He should be careful though, don't want him suspended for next season's tournament...

• Upvote 3