You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Flamengo (N) World Club Cup Final - 21/12/19 - 17:30

Bjornebye

That was basically unwatchable. Rarely had less fun watching a football match. Flamengo were a disgrace. Yeah, we get it, South American football is snide by nature and they will lie, cheat and steal to win, that's cute and all, but man is it fucking embarrassing to watch. Second hand embarrassment from watching that, honestly. The ref was an amateur too. A filthy rich oil nation doesn't have the means to get decent refs for its tournament, it seems. 

Thank fuck we won that. Nice gold patch on the kit as well. Will be nice to look at all year. 

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

My 7 year old son thinks us being as successful as we have been in recent times and playing, usually, free-flowing football, is a normal thing. 

Lucky for him he hasn't endured years in the wilderness. What a time to be a supporter of this club 

When I was 7 I thought the same. I had a nightmare when ian rush joined Juventus we'd never win again. Then we got barnes, Aldo and beardsley 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

That was basically unwatchable. Rarely had less fun watching a football match. Flamengo were a disgrace. Yeah, we get it, South American football is snide by nature and they will lie, cheat and steal to win, that's cute and all, but man is it fucking embarrassing to watch. Second hand embarrassment from watching that, honestly. The ref was an amateur too. A tournament in a filthy rich oil nation don't have the means to get decent refs, it seems. 

Thank fuck we won that. Nice gold patch on the kit as well. Will be nice to look at all year. 

It wasn't. 

What fucking woeful coverage by BBC. That simply appalling. Watched the game on BBC and then right at the end they said, oh we run out of time, you can watch on iplayer. So logged into iplayer to see them hand the medals out and they cut it off just as Jordan was handed the fucking trophy! Seriously!?

I was beginning to think our name wasnt on this when Bobby slapped that easy finish into the ground and onto the post. And how the fuck did they get away scot free with the VAR incident? That's one of a pen or a free kick to us. Yet he gives them the drop ball? Fucking lunacy.

Even when Bobby did score, on the replay it just nicks the defenders foot, I was shitting me pants.

Thought Joe Gomez was MoTM.

We. Are. The. Champions. Of. The. World!

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

I don't care if other fans try to discredit this, it's an amazing trophy to win. To even play for it you have to be European champions, I've spent most my  life watching us lift the odd trophy and the rest of the time hoping for a new dawn. Well the new dawn is here and seeing us winning trophies every few months is fucking brilliant. I love you Liverpool.

They will try, but we'll just have to sing that we're "Champions of the World" even louder.

Don't want to take anything from anybody. To me football is feelings. This feels like a shit trophy won in a shit tournament for a shit organization with shit refs in a shit country. Just grab that trophy and get your asses back home lads. 

Happy we won it as going there without winning would be absolutely pointless.

Let's put this trophy in our cabinet and never mind this stupid tournament again.

Just now, JustTosh said:

Don't want to take anything from anybody. To me football is feelings. This feels like a shit trophy won in a shit tournament for a shit organization with shit refs in a shit country. Just grab that trophy and get your asses back home lads. 

Happy we won it as going there without winning would be absolutely pointless.

Let's put this trophy in our cabinet and never mind this stupid tournament again.

Thats just a load of tosh. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Klopp and this team just amaze me. It's like I've been transported back to the 70's and 80's. Please land that league title for the club, yourselves and the fans.