You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Flamengo (N) World Club Cup Final - 21/12/19 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

Hope they approach this game like they did against River Plate with their high line because mane, Bobby and Salah will have a field day, maybes even Keita with his late runs if he plays. Hopefully VVD is fit and apart from that start with the strongest team possible and beat the cunts. 

9 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hope they approach this game like they did against River Plate with their high line because mane, Bobby and Salah will have a field day, maybes even Keita with his late runs if he plays. Hopefully VVD is fit and apart from that start with the strongest team possible and beat the cunts. 

If they do set-up like this then I wonder if we'll go for the straight/diagonal balls over the top akin to the derby and just look to leg them.

Those tactics are probably why they have been successful as the defensive line in Brazil are normally a lot deeper.

13 hours ago, A_S said:

Does Naby start? Building a nice little head of steam at a crucial stage of the season. 

Also, it's a bit annoying the City v Leicester game is on at the exact same time as this. Hopefully the commentators shut the fuck up about the league game so people can watch it on delay. It makes for a cracking double-header leading into Christmas!

Exactly, the only two games I'm interested in this weekend!

• Upvote 2

My work Christmas party is later today. A bus trip into the hills to a nice country pub for a meal and drinks all afternoon on the back deck by the river. A great setting, but it's going to be 40 degrees! Then back to the local to get bladdered until stumps. 

A birthday party tomorrow at lunch for the afternoon followed by the cricket club Christmas party that evening until late. Then home and up at 4:30am Sunday morning for the two big games. See you all on the other side, hopefully with the reds as world champs! 

unnamed.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, A_S said:

My work Christmas party is later today. A bus trip into the hills to a nice country pub for a meal and drinks all afternoon on the back deck by the river. A great setting, but it's going to be 40 degrees! Then back to the local to get bladdered until stumps. 

A birthday party tomorrow at lunch for the afternoon followed by the cricket club Christmas party that evening until late. Then home and up at 4:30am Sunday morning for the two big games. See you all on the other side, hopefully with the reds as world champs! 

unnamed.gif

Image result for salute gif

• Upvote 1

On 18/12/2019 at 23:08, AngryofTuebrook said:

Trumo's going to be writing acronym novels by the end of this season. And I, for one, approve.

Remember him getting the arse and kicking off over my insistence that they be acronyms? If I remember rightly it was “Fuck off Turdseye, I play by my own rules.”

Ungrateful fucker will probably owe me over 500 rep points once this season is done. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Remember him getting the arse and kicking off over my insistence that they be acronyms? If I remember rightly it was “Fuck off Turdseye, I play by my own rules.”

Ungrateful fucker will probably owe me over 500 rep points once this season is done. 

I got him back on the path of righteousness over the Genk game.

His acronyms are like Stig's threads - it's all part of the spell that's working so far, so nobody should fuck with it.

Surely we'll go full strength here once we've entered this competition? Think we rested plenty of players in the games leading up to this, so we could go with our best side both here and in the Leicester game?

I expect;

---------------Allison------------

Trent--Gomez-VVD--Robertson

-Henderson-- Wijnaldum --Keita

Salah ------Firmino  ----Mane

Keita, Ox and Milner fighting it out for the last midfield spot.

Henderson never plays left CM, and with Wijnaldum needed at DM, I think Keita is the best fit. If Wijnaldum isn't fully fit, perhaps Henderson drops to DM and Ox comes in on the right? Would leave Trent a bit too exposed for my liking...

Van Dijk will play no matter how sick he is tomorrow... Doubt Jurgen will want to see the Hendo/Gomez double act again...

20 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Man, you made him what he is.  And that's the thanks you get...

• Upvote 1

On 20/12/2019 at 07:12, A_S said:

unnamed.gif

Much more pleasant weather for your festivities today, A_S... by Christ it was hot yesterday.

By the time kick-off roles around in Qatar... it will be the early hours of my son's 12th birthday.

I'm charged with the BBQ later in the day tomorrow... so hopefully the lads in Qatar will have given my boy a little birthday bonus World Champ win.

• Upvote 1