You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) League Cup 1/4 Final 17/12/19 - 19:45

Bjornebye

14 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Sly saying we've devalued the competition ha ha ha.

Devalued the competition they say???

Carabao Cup: Morrisons supermarket in London to host first-round draw

After being held in Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City in the past two seasons, the Carabao Cup first-round draw for the 2019-20 campaign will take place a little closer to home - in a London supermarket.

John Barnes with the Carabao Cup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48661944

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

I just don’t see that.  Elliott can dribble for a start.  He prefers to play one twos on the edge of the box or intricate, eye of the needle passes instead of crosses.  Beckham was an excellent crosser of the ball and excelled playing in a 442. As soon as he got too big for his boots he thought he was a centre midfielder and his career in terms of level of performance on the pitch went downhill from there.  He stopped doing what he was good at coming inside and trying to be a playmaker.

He played centre mid at the start of his career, notably in the 98 World Cup.

Anyway I’m thinking of Elliot’s time on the ball and ability to look up and pick out a cross. It would be awesome if he were half the player.

I’d want him rooming with Milner or Andy to bring him down a few pegs.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

MOTD asked people on Twitter what they thought of us fielding a weakened side. Worth it just for the amount of piss it has boiled. If I knew that was all it took to trigger them I’d have been advocating playing the U12s every year.

Was there a poll? What was the overall opinion? 

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I liked the bit where the villa fans were 4-0 up and started singing "top of the league you're having a laugh".

I remember waay back in May 2004 when it was the last game of the season and Liverpool had effectively qualified for the Champions League as Newcastle had to win by ten goals to turn it around. The Newcastle fans were singing "Champions League you're having a laugh", the implication being that qualifying was fine and dandy but there was no chance of Liverpool winning it.

Yeah, about that...

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What choice did we have when the football authorities are determined to cram in as many games as possible.

You'd swear we actually try to win it any other year.   We haven't gave two fucks about it for some time, along with the rest of the premiership. 

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I liked the bit where the villa fans were 4-0 up and started singing "top of the league you're having a laugh".

To be honest, I thought it was them joking because our kids were out. I didn’t think they were being serious.