Quantcast
The New Leader of the Labour Party - Page 87 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Numero

The New Leader of the Labour Party

16 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

This report looks and smells absolute bollocks.

Im reiterating a previous statement I made on this thread. If you’re thinking of leaving the party because Starmer is leader than you never really cared for the party. The same if you left because Corbyn was leader.

I wish the left would attack the Tories with as much venom as they do the moderates. Maybe that would have won the last two elections...

That’s some take Walter, especially given the revelations. I have a feeling that you might have an agenda here.

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I would say if you actively campaigned to lose the 2017 because of who the leader was you never really cared for the Labour party. 

Where in that report does it say “let’s lose this election”?

It seems to me very convenient that this report comes out now after Starmer has got some good press from reaching out to the Jewish community.

Which on reflection is what Corbyn should have done 3 years ago. Apologies directly to the Jewish community and publicly condemn the likes of Williamson and others who were 100% anti Semitic. 

But like I said. It all bollocks this factionalism. It is also hypocritical. 

Just fucking stop it now and let’s try and get Labour government. 

2 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

And you don’t have a agenda? 

Pray tell, what is my agenda?

He probably doesn’t actually mean ‘agenda’.  He may well mean sofa. 

• Upvote 1

I am having similar thought in relation to my membership. 

If I go they will have won and won't give me a second thought, if fact they will be happy that all these Trots have left the party. 

My MP, like a few others I am happy to say, have just called out to this report. These MPs should have already spoken to Starmer and his actions will indicate his political position going forwards.

As a few have said, I have made some friends with like minded people in my CLP and do not wish to lose that due to the actions of the traitors. Un/fortunately the lock down will give me time to think this through and not just fuck it off, even though that is my initial instinct.

39 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It’s a partisan report written by ‘one side’. If McNicol was in a position to write a report what do you think it would say? It’s no secret they were at war with each other. But you’ll get no argument from me that the people like McNicol in the report are cunts. Throwbacks to the days of Blair and Brown tearing chunks from each other and thankfully now largely gone from the party hierarchy. 

Mate, you're equating actual evidence of people behaving unprofessionally and sabotaging Labour's election chances, with an assumption that there's also evidence of other people behaving similarly. That's not a very balanced equation, and it doesn't really matter who wrote the report when we can see the emails and WhatsApp messages that substantiate it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He probably doesn’t actually mean ‘agenda’.  He may well mean sofa. 

You’re genuinely obsessed with me. Trust me on this Rico, I’m not worth it. All the forum members who’ve met me will tell you that. Follow someone else around the forum.

Just now, aRdja said:

You’re genuinely obsessed with me. Trust me on this Rico, I’m not worth it. All the forum members who’ve met me will tell you that. Follow someone else around the forum.

Nah. You make me laugh. I like laughing.  

13 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Where in that report does it say “let’s lose this election”?

It seems to me very convenient that this report comes out now after Starmer has got some good press from reaching out to the Jewish community.

Which on reflection is what Corbyn should have done 3 years ago. Apologies directly to the Jewish community and publicly condemn the likes of Williamson and others who were 100% anti Semitic. 

But like I said. It all bollocks this factionalism. It is also hypocritical. 

Just fucking stop it now and let’s try and get Labour government. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leak-report-corbyn-election-whatsapp-antisemitism-tories-yougov-poll-a9462456.html

Anti-Corbyn Labour officials worked to lose general election to oust leader, leaked dossier finds

An election night chat log shows that 45 minutes after the exit poll revealed that Labour had overturned the Conservative majority, one senior official said the result was the “opposite to what I had been working towards for the last couple of years”, describing themselves and their allies as “silent and grey faced” and in need of counselling.

Another said: “We have to be upbeat and not show it”, while a third told the group that “everyone needs to smile”, describing the result as “awful”. Another very senior party official said it was going to be “a long night”.

The senior officials keenly watched polls during the election campaign and hoped that the party that employed them would fare badly. When one YouGov poll showed the party up during the campaign, one said: “I actually felt quite sick when I saw that YouGov poll last night”.

A different official argued that the polling bounce for the party was actually “great”, stating: “I shall tell you why, it is a peak, and the polling was done after the Manchester [terror] attack, so with a bit of luck this speech will show a clear polling decline and we shall all be able to point to how disgusting they truly are.”  **

** Let us not forget "point to how disgusting they truly are" is a Labour official talking about THEIR party leadership.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Nah. You make me laugh. I like laughing.  

It’s just not a very good look for you, that’s all. Just a friendly advice. Feel free to keep doing what you’re doing e.g., following me around, toadying to Dave (lols).

Just now, aRdja said:

It’s just not a very good look for you, that’s all. Just a friendly advice. Feel free to keep doing what you’re doing e.g., following me around, toadying to Dave (lols).

It’s ok Gok Wan, I need no advice from you.  

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s ok Gok Wan, I need no advice from you.  

“Dave! he’s not paying your sub!” lol, what an embarrassment. A toady and a grass.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

“Dave! he’s not paying your sub!” lol, what an embarrassment. A toady and a grass.

Oh your mate Cloggy? I’ve been doing that for years chief.  He’s got thousands of posts and I see it like being a regular in a boozer and not buying a pint.  It’s not like he’s a lurker is it?  Funny, you’ve only just noticed though, maybe the continued repetition finally made it through the barrier. Well done for keeping up.  

13 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Mate, you're equating actual evidence of people behaving unprofessionally and sabotaging Labour's election chances, with an assumption that there's also evidence of other people behaving similarly. That's not a very balanced equation, and it doesn't really matter who wrote the report when we can see the emails and WhatsApp messages that substantiate it.

No, I’m not. I’ve just been paying attention for the last five years and can remember the cases that show people who work for Corbyn in the LOTO have engaged in similar behaviour. I’m not assuming anything. Defending their allies when they shouldn’t, providing political cover etc...

I’m sure everyone can remember them trying to abolish the deputy post to get rid of Tom Watson for example. Now you might be alright with that because you don’t like Watson but don’t pretend that’s any different to what the other side have been doing against Corbyn. 

In an earlier post you mentioned Danczuk, and I agree that was handled terribly and he should have been fucked off sooner. However, here is an example of Karie Murphy apparently suppressing an investigation into Pete Willsman over allegations of sexual misconduct, based on leaked emails just like the ones leaked in the current report. 

So I’m comfortable saying there is evidence both sides have engaged in similar conduct and have spent loads of time acting like cunts towards each other. 

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/labour-plunged-into-sexual-harassment-row-after-top-aide-allegedly-played-down-allegations

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

No, I’m not. I’ve just been paying attention for the last five years and can remember the cases that show people who work for Corbyn in the LOTO have engaged in similar behaviour. I’m not assuming anything. Defending their allies when they shouldn’t, providing political cover etc...

I’m sure everyone can remember them trying to abolish the deputy post to get rid of Tom Watson for example. Now you might be alright with that because you don’t like Watson but don’t pretend that’s any different to what the other side have been doing against Corbyn. 

In an earlier post you mentioned Danczuk, and I agree that was handled terribly and he should have been fucked off sooner. However, here is an example of Karie Murphy apparently suppressing an investigation into Pete Willsman over allegations of sexual misconduct, based on leaked emails just like the ones leaked in the current report. 

So I’m comfortable saying there is evidence both sides have engaged in similar conduct and have spent loads of time acting like cunts towards each other. 

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/labour-plunged-into-sexual-harassment-row-after-top-aide-allegedly-played-down-allegations

Fucking hell mate don’t come on here talking common sense.

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Hey, I tell you what though, I just searched Cloggy + Rico.  5 fucking pages of him mentioning me! 5 fucking pages of him ‘ignoring’ me.  Ha ha. Thanks aRdja, wouldn’t have known but for you.  

16 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

IF this report explains the 2017 loss.

Who do everyone blame for 2019? When the NEC and all the Labour positions of power were run by pro Corbyn people? 

Well, not all positions of power were run by pro Corbyn people. We still had MPs that didn't want a Labour government after all. More positions of power though, definitely.

And the answer is lots of things.

- Brexit.

- Corbyn not connecting with the north partly due to a perception that the party had become too London centric (this started before Corbyn, but he didn't exactly rectify it).

- Not managing to get any sort of grip on the media. Yes, they're complete cunts, but the passive acceptance was the worst option of the lot. Either play the game and suck up to them, or tear them limb from limb. Call out their bias every single interview, be it on the mainstream British media or elsewhere.

- Not backing small business enough. Or at least, not making the case that what is good for Amazon isn't good for the local book shop. What's good for Tesco isn't good for the local butchers. Etc. They just allowed the line that Labour hates business to continue. 

- Not speaking to people that are doing "okay". Not rich, but not a pay cheque or two away from a foodbank. Not selling a vision of Britain that ensures that children don't go without food AND enables you to become wealthy from innovation and hard work.

- Waffling on about stuff most people don't care about. Guardianism.

- Not pretending enough to be patriotic. The imbecile vote needs to be grabbed. 

- Talking about too many policies near the election date. Polling got worse and worse the more policies they talked about. The economic competence of the Labour Party, the perception of which is always shit thanks to previously named cunt media, got lower by the day as the party talked about something else they'd be investing in. 

- Corbyn not being a very good orator, neither very statesmanlike, nor serious enough, nor angry enough, etc. 

And loads of other things, obviously.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh your mate Cloggy? I’ve been doing that for years chief.  He’s got thousands of posts and I see it like being a regular in a boozer and not buying a pint.  It’s not like he’s a lurker is it?  Funny, you’ve only just noticed though, maybe the continued repetition finally made it through the barrier. Well done for keeping up.  

If he doesn’t want to read his match reports or to post in the members forum, then why should he be shamed into paying for it? Has Dave asked for your help to get people to upgrade? Or are you just doing it out of the goodness of your heart, just you wanting to make sure that Dave’s sorted financially?

30 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

The 2020 Labour Conference.

7AF59496-48B6-415D-AEAF-092C7B91D283.gif

As long as I get Luke Akehurst.

• Upvote 1

Im not and have never been a member of the Labour party or any other political party  but I must confess I like Corbyn.

.If you think someone like Jeremy Corbyn is a bit of a cunt; then in my eyes it makes you a bit of a cunt, but that's just my opinion

. Peace and love.xx