You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Numero Veinticinco

Just now, Barry Wom said:

I think she's a motor mouth who'll be more easily contained inside the shadow cabinet than outside. She's one of the biggest threats to labour as she doesn't give 2 fucks when she opens her mouth. Putting her in the shadow cabinet would hopefully nullify her ability to sabotage the party. It's not always about picking the best person, it's how you manage the whole group. It's not like he can give her a bosman is it and hope the libdems come in for her?

I think she's even too much of a cunt for the Lib Dems.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think she's even too much of a cunt for the Lib Dems.

Haha. So you prove my point. Starmer is stuck with her. She was at it already this crying about the party not being able to elect a woman. Starmer needs to find a way to shut her mouth and giving her a role in the cabinet might just do that. 

24 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm not sure what world it is in where 313,000 votes isn't "the support of the largest ever number of party members" but 275,000 votes is, but, hey ho! 

Sorry, he got 250k with more candidates and then 313 when it was 2.  Even so, a pretty big endorsement by the membership.  

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Haha. So you prove my point. Starmer is stuck with her. She was at it already this crying about the party not being able to elect a woman. Starmer needs to find a way to shut her mouth and giving her a role in the cabinet might just do that. 

You're probably right.

Give her a prominent role. She'll either stop being a cunt or continue to be one and Starmer will chuck her in the sea.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm not sure what world it is in where 313,000 votes isn't "the support of the largest ever number of party members" but 275,000 votes is, but, hey ho! 

Well, that would be the world in which only 168,000 of Corbyn's 313,000 votes came from party members, while 225,000 of Starmer's did.

You know. The real world.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, that would be the world in which only 168,000 of Corbyn's 313,000 votes came from party members, while 225,000 of Starmer's did.

I kept clicking on the party members hoping it was a link to the data base. For some future Lizzie's Brownshirts internment camps.

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Corbyn almost had as many votes as Jo Swinson has killed squirrels this morning. 

Abbott gone thank fuck. I liked Gardiner, but they need some fresh faces in there.

Like the way he's not fucking about.

The below shadow-cabinet to meet daily (obviously not in person) as the Corona Virus response committee to hold the government to account:

Keir Starmer, Leader
Angela Rayner, Deputy Leader/Chair
Anneliese Dodds, Chancellor
Lisa Nandy, Foreign Sec
Nick Thomas-Symonds, Home Secretary
Rachel Reeves, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
Jonathan Ashworth, Health and Social Care

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"Hard Left" Corbyn's first Shadow Cabinet included people from across the party's political spectrum. 

Complete bollocks from Starmer, this is. Tories will be jizzing their kecks.

Doubt it, they won’t be overly concerned but I’m pretty certain they’ll view him as more of a threat than Corbyn.

3 Chicken coup members , the vice chair of LFI and the guy who got recorded by his Tory mate wanting Corbyn to get slaughtered in December. Starting to wonder whether I was completely gullible to believe him and back him. Be interesting to see what he offers RLB.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

3 Chicken coup members , the vice chair of LFI and the guy who got recorded by his Tory mate wanting Corbyn to get slaughtered in December. Starting to wonder whether I was completely gullible to believe him and back him. Be interesting to see what he offers RLB.

Presumably all the left wing appointments will be announced next...

tenor.gif